STEAM and WON question and COMBOES Question

Best answers
the 1st one is the simplest - where can I see where all the possible comboes are?
pplz are pwning me with comboes and I dont know really how they do that
I only know 1 combo and it works with trunks (left, downleft , down...)

thats about the 2nd que

about the wonsteam que

I have steam installed atm and I want won installed as well
what if I install steam on a folder called halflife
and then install halflife on that folder
can I change the WON shortcut like this:
-game \SteamApps\EMAIL\half-life\esf
and it will work?

BTW I already tried that on some other computers of my friends that own won
and happy about it, they dont want to upgrade to steam.

so I've done my lil test on thiers' just making a folder in halflife
and putting esf in it and then just retargeting in the shortcut like this:
-game \New Folder\esf

esf worked obviously but only one bug - HALFLIFE COULDNT RECOGNIZE THE ESF MAPS
It had only the poor valve maps

thats about it, all the details I could give
I hope some1 cant assist me

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Figure them out for yourself. If you see people using combos on you, try to remember the directionals.

2) You dont need to make things complicated for yourself...just start up the installer again and install it to won. Its not that difficult. As for the shortcut given after the installation for won, delete it. Make another shortcut.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
1) Figure them out for yourself. If you see people using combos on you, try to remember the directionals.

2) You dont need to make things complicated for yourself...just start up the installer again and install it to won. Its not that difficult. As for the shortcut given after the installation for won, delete it. Make another shortcut.
so esf didnt gave all the comboes somewhere I missed, thats good ;D

ermm... I didnt got anything... what do you mean I dont have to make it compilcated for myself?
maybe you didnt get my point

what I want to do is have 2 copies of hl, 1 won and 1 steam
and only 1 copy for every mod!!!
so in steam it'll be the defaults, and hl could get it like that "-game steamapps\email\half-life\esf ..." etc...
that way I could save some megas... and it'll be the best way, I think
install steam and half life on the same folder?

<center>QUESTION - for those who knows what Im talking about:
is it possible to have it that way:
existing:
"C:\steam\steamapps\half-life\esf\"...
"C:\Half-Life\hl.exe"

shortcut: C:\Half-Life\hl.exe -game C:\steam\steamapps\half-life\esf
???

will it work?</center>

If so then I could save more memory in an easier way cause I thought that this:
hl.exe -game dir.... could only point to dirs that in the halflife folder itself.....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are allowed to have two copies of esf: 1 for WON and 1 for Steam. Dont say things unless you've tested it out. If you have Steam installed and you want WON as well, just use the installer and choose Won.

And about that little bit on "Those who understand what the hell you're talking about", try it out. Why do you need someone to say it works before you experiment with it?

Best answers
roshkomaster, he did explain it for you, you need to read what he said very carefully, and dont degrade people and call them stupid, that doesnt go over with us mods very well

Best answers
Zeonix said:
You are allowed to have two copies of esf: 1 for WON and 1 for Steam. Dont say things unless you've tested it out. If you have Steam installed and you want WON as well, just use the installer and choose Won.

And about that little bit on "Those who understand what the hell you're talking about", try it out. Why do you need someone to say it works before you experiment with it?
when you say the installer - you mean to reinstall WON with the WON cd that I bought long time b4 steam was online?
OK I'll try that

actually I DID TRIED THAT but as I said I have problems with won recognizing
the maps and I dont want to check furthermore till I solve that problem

AND NO, its not installed in my pc, its in my bro's so I did a few tests on his...

and I didnt call any1 stupid just cause I said "QUESTION - for those who knows what Im talking about"
and I didnt use the word "hell"

obviously no1 still knows howto overcome that map rocogning bug so it really should be for those who understand in that subject

sorry if any1 got insulted by me O_O /wierd

EDIT: thnx for spelling my name\nick currectly, lol many pplz dont! hehehe ;)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Dude....the esf installer, not the HL installer. Talk about dense. The esf installer has the ability to install both won and steam.

2) Would you like me to repeat myself on the matter of the "map recognizing bug"? After you install esf to WON, a shortcut is made. DELETE THE SHORTCUT. Make a new shortcut with the same target line. I find it amazing that you are having such difficulty with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom