A quick challenge. Any takers?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I need to get back into fighting form; Anyone have some time on their hands?

Best answers
well i guess it depends on when u can play and how good our pings will be together.
but if all is good. you're on :)

Best answers
I'll take the challenge, since my current battle's been postponed for a few weeks.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will ref this battle then!

SA and Snake will battle in a spacestation that is dropping from orbit, you win by taking the last escape pod before reentry on your winning round. If you do not take the escape pod, you will loose your second round. The gravity and enviromental computer controls are damaged, and the the space station regularly changes from arctic cold to 0G, to jungle heat and 2x gravity and every mixture thereof.

The battle will last, as usual, to the best of three rounds. Good luck gentlemen.

Best answers
Wait a ****ing minute...

OMG... not this guy again. What was I thinking?!

Oh well, no turning back now...

*switches to Caleb mode*

Let's boogy, boogieman.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Wataa! Let's get this going!"

EDIT: Caleb?! . . . eheh . . . maybe its time I start assembling some alternate char's as well, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooc: finally done. No excuses, I just needed the extra time to do my best

"ALL HANDS ABANDON SHIP, ALL HANDS ABANDON SHIP!"

Moaning in irritation, SA turned upon his side, trying to block out that idiot who kept on yelling some form of nonsense or another.

Abandon ship . . .

He pulled his pillow over his head, drowning out the sound. It is just so difficult to get a moments peace. Gosh, some people actually work late at night!

Abandon ship . . .

It had to be something like 2:00 am in the morning. What could he be screaming about anyway? And where the heck was the captain to allow this?

Consciousness began to drift away as sleep once again came to him, and the world outside drifted away--

Abandon ship.

With a lurch, SA suddenly found himself airborne.

Scowling he drew a hand over his face. Kaasu! What is it now?!

He threw the pillow from him, sending it spinning end over end towards the far wall of his quarters, and he watched it in remote fascination as it defied the laws of gravity he'd come use to living by.

"The heck?"

Suddenly the droning words had meaning to him, and with another curse he freed himself from his sheets and somersaulted to the ground, drawing his energy to him to allow normal mobility in the zero-g environment.

"Computer, direct link to bridge . . . Captain, is there a problem up there?"

No response came, and the deck under his feet shuddered. Odd . . .

The young man moved to the dark viewport depicting a scene of space and peered out.

Over the last week on space station Alpha-002, he'd come accustomed to the slow revolutions the station made that helped facilitate gravity. The Earth, the moon, and then the stars would roll by any given view at some time or another, and about an hour later the process would repeat itself. But something had now changed . . .
He scratched his head in confusion. For whatever the reason, it seemed that the stars were moving towards the edges of the viewport, like the station was going forward, instead of rotating as it should have been. And funnily enough the Earth seemed to be growing in size.

Why?

He felt that the answer to his wordless question should have been simple, but lack of sleep was making him a bit slow.

He stared out the viewport, a perplexed look upon his face. The Earth kept getting bigger . . . the station seemed like it was moving forwards . . .

"Oh . . . but, then that would that-"

"Planetary collision imminent," the computer intoned emotionlessly.

"WHAAAT?!"

Sa_Gohan was out his room door and sprinting down the corridor a moment later. He only vaguely recalled pulling on his shoes and strapping on his sword. The rest of his clothes he left. It would take too long to change out of his pajama's.

His mind seemed to be working at hyperspeeds now, processing information and variables from what he'd seen, and what he knew of the station's construction.

Considering the speed at which the Earth was growing-
I know we were pretty far from the Earth, how did this-
Why didn't somebody tell me?!

Questions popped into his mind, half asked before he moved onto the next one, and then the one after that.

I can't have that much time! That call for abandon ship must have went out like 15 minutes ago!

He turned another corner, revealing yet another corridor, this one the same as the last. It was white and sleek. The ceiling was lined with lights that shone brightly- No power problems it seems-, the floor was lined with a silver colored metal that gleamed brightly and never seemed to dirty. It was an easy thing to get lost in this maze, but he'd been on here long enough to know the ways of the station.

The bridge should have been coming up soon.

"Now, once I get there I'll just contact- the . . ."

Suddenly something struck him.

Where are all the escape pods?

The probable answer? All gone.

He started sprinting even faster, adding chakra to aide his speed and within moments he arrived at the bridge and skidded to a halt. The blast door that had protected the officers and equipment therein had a hole rent into it.

The edges still glowed from whatever weapon had done this, and he sighed. He had a strong suspicion this was one of the reasons that the station was crashing.

He cautiosly climbed through the hole and looked around. Directly across the hole was a circular scorch mark. In the center of it was the silhoutte of a person unfortunate enough to be caught in the beam when it had been intiated. Aside from that the bridge was empty. Completely empty.

There were no people, or bodies, or even equipment. The consoles that had been inset in the ground had been torn from their bearings, the monitors and even the main viewscreen off to the side had been ripped from the very walls. Even the seats were gone.

Space pirates probably.

"Blast you Ryoko!!" He yelled at the legendary thief, wherever she was.

Now everything is complicated!

Now there was no way to figure out how long the station had before it collided with Earth- another lurch, and the bulkhead in front of him seemed to distort like it was being pulled outwards. He thought it best to assume that the event would come sooner rather than later.

The absence of the computers also meant that now he would have to go see if there escape pods left first hand. Manually.

"Bah!" Turning, SA took off back down the corridor he'd come.

He arrived the outer ring quicker than he anticipated, only slightly winded from the long run. Fervor inspired by barely controlled panic drove him to move quickly around the ring, checking the airlock for each pod quickly, and then moving on when it proved empty. With each empty pod, the panic grew within him and he resolutely forced it back down, but coming around to where he started he began to wonder if there were any left.

Suddenly he froze. Standing just around the curve of the corridor was a man garbed in a heavy brown duster, and a wide brimmed had that must have been a foot in any direction. From this distance he couldn't have seen the other's face, but it probably wouldn't have mattered much anyway. The shadows that fell across his face were as thick and dark as a moonless night.
But the man's garb was only what he caught out of the corner of his eye. What was in front him was all that filled his vision.

An open pod. An empty pod.

The last one! SA thought in jubilance.

SA jogged up the man and bowed. He had to have this, it was his only way off this station besides jumping from the airlock and hoping he could hold his breath on the way down to Earth.

His voice stuck in his throat a moment. The man's face was oddly pale, but what really caught his attention were the horrific scars crisscrossing his features.

"Ahem- Ah, my name is Commander SA_Gohan, chief of operations on this station. I don't believe I've seen you before, what's your name?"

"Caleb."

"Ah, Mr. Caleb, well, its fortunate that I've found you because this pod is, ah, faulty. Yes, maintenance work isn't complete on it, so that's why we left this one behind. It's a good thing you didn't try to launch it, no doubt it would have exploded from the, er, security measure we had in place to prevent it from being used."

SA realized what he was saying didn't at all make any sense, even to him, but he was on a roll.

"So, if you'll excuse me, I'll just deactivate those security measures, take it for a little test around the solar system, you know just to make sure its working, and I'll be back to pick you up next week tuesday."

Caleb stood there, his mouth hanging open in confusion, as Gohan began to step into the pod.
Ha. Sucker.

The young man gave a little wave over his shoulder. "And so I bid you adieu-"

Suddenly the young man found himself flying down the corridor with no clue as to how that had happened. His face hurt, as if someone had swung a sledgehammer into his jaw, and SA vaguely remembered a blur of motion from behind . . .

The blow was powerful, and with no gravity to slow his momentum he continued along at near supersonic speeds and crashed against the side of the curved corridor. He rebounded once, twice, and yet again, each time slamming against the metal hard enough to leave an indent before his momentum slowed enough for him to catch himself.

He coughed out blood, watching as the red liquid flew from his mouth and gradually became globules that spattered against the metal wall. From somewhere close by it seemed like someone was sounding a gong over and over just to tick him off, and when he reached out to touch his jaw, pain shot through his nerves.

Gradually, he began to become aware of his surroundings once again and he focused his vision down the corridor where the man that had struck him apparently still stood.

"That guy cannot be normal! What the heck is he?! I haven't been hit that hard in years!"

SA focused his chakra and drew himself back to the deck and began walking, sweating slightly- Is it getting hotter?

Caleb came into view once again a few moments later, standing exactly where SA had first seen him, his head turned so that he could see the young-nin when he'd recovered.

Pretending nonchalance, SA walked up to the man, sizing him up aknew. If they had to fight . . .

"Okay, apparently I came on the wrong last time, so let's just start over. My name's SA_Gohan."

SA stuck out a hand; it went unaccepted.
He took it back a moment later.

Ookay . . .

"Now, as you probably know this station is going to crash into the planet Earth in like, 30 minutes or something. We both want the space pod to get off this thing, but there's only room enough for one, so here's the deal. I take the space pod down to Earth, find the authorities, and come back in here in time to pick you up before you and the station are vaporized-" Sure I will. "Great plan, yes no?"

"I don't think so."

"Okay. I'll get the authorities after you and the station are vaporized. Now remember, this is my final off-"

Caleb's fist shot out once again, and SA barely dodged it in time, twisting to the side and cutting off what he'd been saying. What the heck kind of a guy just attacks in the middle of peaceful negotiations?!

SA backed off a step, feigning offense. "Oh that was a very, very unwise move there. You, try to hit me? Uhuh, that was bad. You don't know me, but oh you will. I'm like a coiled spring, a tiger waiting to pounce, a monster only barely caged by civility! You don't wanna mess with me alright, I steal lollipops from little babies, I make men tremble in their little booties at the mere mention of my name! I AM SA_GOHAN! I KILL FOR FU-!"

Another punch, and this one almost clipping his nose. Gohan leapt backwards.

What was that?! Where's the fighting etiquette?! He didn't even let me finish!

SA landed easily on the deck, the nonchalant expression on his face replaced with something bordering on seriousness.

Remembering what that first one had felt like, SA sighed. I'd been rather hoping to avoid that.
The young man gazed at his opponent, surveying him anew

That look in his eyes, the set of his shoulders, the way Caleb's hands hung at his side in casual readiness. This man was a trained killer. A trained murderer.

Even worse; the he had no perceptible sense of humor.

This is going to be tough . . . . Hey, it is getting warmer in here . . .

SA crouched down into a fighting stance, molding spiritual and body energy into chakra that raced through his inner coils system, filling his muscles with its strength.

He spared a second to glance at his surroundings once again. The rounded corridor with airlocks interspaced upon its length to one side, the viewports between the air locks that looked out into space. He frowned, much preferring more open surroundings in a battle, to the cramped space of this corridor. There would be little space for him to manuever, and besides that his most powerful attacks would be as deadly to him as his opponent. Misplaced, they could blow a hole through the hull, sucking them both out into space's not so tender embrace.

That sounds a bit interesting.

He cracked his knuckles, and then leapt forward.

His speed allowed him to close the distance between himself and his opponent quickly, and within mere seconds he was before the dark figure that was Caleb.

I'll do this fast.

SA wasted no time on the warmup to the main event, he held back none of his strength for his blows, nor restricted his speed. He leapt from the ground, his body a blur as he spun, leg lashing out with the force added by momentum to strike his opponent's head. Caleb brought up his hands to block, but far to slow.
The shin connected with the side of his head, and the demigod reeled to the left from the force, making not a sound as SA dropped to the ground and hammered into his stomach with a series of punches that could crumple steel.

Something's . . .

He pumped more chakra into his system, aiding his speed and strength, and flew forward, ramming his shoulder into Caleb's chest, driving him into the wall with enough force to bend it outwards. The man gritted his teeth from the force of the blow, and SA allowed him not a moment to recover.

Not . . .

The young man flipped backwards, taking the sides of Caleb's head between his teeth, and with all his strength he finished the manuever, sending Caleb flying into the opposite wall- through it. His body made quite the projectile, ripping apart the steel wall as though it were made of paper, and skidding to a halt in what seemed to be the far end of a storage room.

Right . . .

SA allowed himself a moment's rest. His breath coming out a bit faster than normal. The amount of chakra surging through his veins lessened and he allowed it to die away.

Why did he just stand there and take all of that? Is he a fool? Not even-

Suddenly Caleb pushed off the floor and stood, picking his hat up from the floor as he went. He wiped away the trickle of blood that ran down his jaw; SA's lips parted in amazement.

The heck?!

Aside from that trickle, Caleb looked completely unharmed from SA's attacks, and the young man couldn't help but think that despite past indication's, he'd understimated his adversary . . .

"Heh. I just thought I'd check to see if you would actually amuse me for awhile." Caleb rocked his head from side to side, loosening the muscles. "I'd hoped that you'd be something more, but you are only human, so maybe I shouldn't have done that. Oh well."

Like from a scene in an old western, Caleb threw back his coat, revealing the double barreled sawed-off shot gun hanging at his waist. He pulled it free and held it in front of his face, as though examing it.
"See this? This, is my boomstick."

He pointed it straight at me, straight at the wall. The one leading directly out into space.

If he fires-!

"You wouldn't!"

"Poor mortal. You have no idea the nature of my abilities," he said. And then he pulled the trigger.

Best answers
Sorry I'm taking so long.... I've got a disgustingly annoying case of writer's block.

I'll try to finish my story ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom