New and different KI system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the moment, the recharging of your ki is to recharge your ENERGY. I think the system should change to increase PL or STRENGTH. My system will do the following:

1. Make it more closer to the show.
2. Stop the signature move beam spamming.

Let's also establish that KI = energy. PL = strength. Also I suggest with the hub that it should show your speed as well in a collumn.

First of all, when doing powerup it should raise your PL and energy a little bit. The energy should not recharge as fast. Also, it should barely raise your energy when powering up. The reason for powering up would to raise your PL and NOT recharge your energy (ki).

For each level of transformation you are in, for example normal form, there would be a PL ceiling meaning you cannot powerup past a certain point. Of course when you kill or do damage to an enemy, that ceiling would of course raise as well.

So if normal Goku has a PL ceiling of 1,000,000 and starts off with 800,000, he has to powerup to that number. Also, he cannot powerup further than that number. If he kills or hits, the PL ceiling goes higher. Transformation would still occur at the regular PL number of 1,750,000. The ceiling of 1,000,000 goes up as you hit and kill enemies. Thus you powerup again to raise your ceiling. When you receive damage, your PL would drain so you have to powerup to recharge it again. The hub should show PL/PL ceiling. So goku starts off 800,000/1,000,000. You powerup to 1,000,000 to be your strongest.

However, if you charge up to a certain point, your speed would decrease. For instance in the show when the ssjs would buff up their power and muscles, they increased higher in strength but lost speed. Thus in the hub would show your speed decreasing.

When you powerup, also your KI or energy would increase a little. The way your energy would refill would be if you make hits, it would go up a little, or if you stand idle to refill. Powering up would barely move your energy up. Melee, ki blasts, and generic beams and blasts should not take a lot of your energy. However, if you do a kamehameha, it would take out a lot of your energy.

Now if you do for instance 2 or 3 kamehamehas in a row, your energy would be very low. You cannot use powerup to refill your KI or energy right away. You have to wait till it gains back. In the mean time, you'd have to melee or do generic beams till it recharges. This stops the relentless signature beams.

If this happens, ki cost to do some moves would have to be cut down. For instance final flash CANNOT take up your entire energy bar. However, it wouldn't be spammable because your cannot recharge your energy just like that. You have to rest to recharge your energy. You can however powerup your PL to it's ceiling.

Also, beams would have to be made larger with a larger blast radius. BUT! BUT BUT BUT! Damage would decrease. It won't be insta-gib. But it should take up a certain amount of damage.

Also, there would be a negative ki/energy bar. It would be possible to charge a fully charged kamehameha although you don't have enough ki. What would happen is that as the ki or energy bar drains past the end, it would turn into a purple bar filled. THat purple bar would decrease as you continue to hold. The KI or energy in the purple bar would refill more quickly than the original ki bar. But while in PURPLE ki, you are TIRED and CANNOT move until it fully recharges again.

EDIT: Turbo just pressing it will not drain your energy. However, I have another idea for turbo. It would be just like EEA's idea of charging turbo. Turbo ATM is practically useless. When you hold turbo, it will raise your PL, PL ceiling, and speed for how long you charge it. You will be able to see this all raising in your hud. There would be two barlines. One near the beginning and one near the end. You have to charge pass the barline in the beginning to have a boost. The longer you charge, the greater the boost. When you get passed the last barline at the end, you PL and speed would be considerably high but your HP would drain 1 hp per sec as well as your energy draining while you have the boost. This would make a use for turbo. In order to get out of the boost, just press turbo again.

PLEASE read this. THink about it. Comments?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Wow. I like this idea. Cuts down on beam spammage considerably, and the design of the KI system is really interesting. Some of it sounds like my Dynamic KI Pool idea, which didn't go too well, because no one really understood where I was getting.

Best answers
The only thing i dont like is the not being able to move when in negative ki, maybe slower movment and no swooping? Other than that its a good idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well maybe limping while moving and you can't really swoop or shoot blasts.. but barely anything because you're too tired.. could put a really cool tired animation

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol great idea but what's whit swooping how does that effect your energy would it go down and how much if it did and how would PS and BS work in it?

about the tired thing i belive a loos of strengh should be there to since you're "weaker" when you're tired not much but i'd say 10000-20000
( :laff: 1 more reason not to get to that state :laff: )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swooping should not take as much. Doing advanced melee, ki balls, and generic beams and blasts should not take up your ki or energy. Swooping maybe just drain it a little so whereas you stand for a little bit it refills again. LONG and very very very continuous swooping without stopping will of course drain you energy a lot. Powerstruggles will still be the same. If your energy is complete drained, then you will then lose the struggle. However, you can then be able to click and hold the right click button where it would use your NEGATIVE ki bar. After the struggle you have to wait for that bar to refill to do regular activities. Sort of that last boost of energy.

Best answers
imkongkong said:
However, if you charge up to a certain point, your speed would decrease. For instance in the show when the ssjs would buff up their power and muscles, they increased higher in strength but lost speed. Thus in the hub would show your speed decreasing.
Or, how bout this goes into affect when u go 100k over the ceiling.. makes more sense.. that way it actually has a purpous. so you actually have the option to become monsterously powerful at the cost of considerable speed.. otherwise its pretty pointless.. and i suggest that instead of this purple bar thing, that it just takes away a small amount of health instead once your ki bar is drained

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was thinkin in powerstruggles when it's purple.. if you continually push yourself to win, the purple would drain... when it gets to more than half way, it would THEN take away from your health.. so you can continually pursue to win the struggle but if you try too hard it would be damaging to your health

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there are something things in your idea i dont like thoe orbit.. hehe :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I read over the entire idea, and it's not a bad idea. BUT... the problem I see with the change you're asking for is that it changes the way the game is played.

Right now, with the quick KI drain and recharge, you're forced to use the recharges strategically, you can't stand still for long, becuase your enemy might swoop at you at any time. The game stays very fast paced becuase of this and other factors (knowing a beam can nail you at any moment, people always active).

Your idea is more realistic, but it sacrifices some of the gameplay. For example, once you run out of ki, you have to wait for it to regenerate, depending on how slow it does, this could make the game a lot slower. Even if it was a fast regeneration, that would just take away from the difficulty of the game . The people with low-ki aren't going to be fighting, or swooping at people, they're going to be hiding so they can safely recharge. Also, this takes a lot of strategy out of the game, recharging is tricky to pull off in a heated battle, do it at the wrong time, and you're dewmed, do it correctly, and you could put yourself at an advantage. Automatic regeneration of ki makes it too easy, you don't need to worry about your ki, it's all done for you. It does stop beamspamming, and it's one of the reasons that the idea has potential, but it just sacrifices in my opinion, a lot of the speed that the game has.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think it'll sacrifice the speed of the game. Think about it.

1. People can just continually fight without recharging. In the show they never stood there to recharge ENERGY but instead their PL. It will be continuous fighting.

2. You will have to watch you energy level. Meaning, you cannot be a foolish player and always use the signature moves all the time. If you do, you will be at a disadvantage and will have to find a way to recharge your energy. That will be YOUR bad.

3. Those who don't beam spam the signature moves will always be at a high ki energy advantage. Those who spam it and are left hiding to recharge, the person can always pursue him and kill him since he doesn't have the energy to fight back.

4. Ki regernation should not be quick. I got the idea of how ki should regenerate in the GBA game DBZ boouku touSOMETHING, supersonic warriors in english. The only thing in that game i don't suggest is powering up your energy. Instead, as you hit a player, your energy would go up slightly. Like stated before, melee, kiblasts, and generic beams and balls should barely take off energy. That means, most of your fight would have to come from those arsenals. Signature beams would be a large beam whereas you can do major damage. However, it will not be insta-gib, unless your health is pretty low. Signature beams will be used to get a good amount of damage out, then switch back to your melee arsenal. This makes fights more based around melee and small ki blasts. Signature beams would be used to take out a lot of damage and powerstruggles.

5. Because of the energy usage for melee, kiblasts, and generic beams and blasts will be very little, speed will not be a factor in this.

Best answers
I like the part about being rewarded a higher "pl ceiling" for kills. (shouldnt be too much of a problem if people can't beam spam)

All this purple energy bar stuff isn't needed really though. I already made a powering up suggestion a while back, keeping it as simple as it needs to be really.

Best answers
Would there be a powering down too?

If you were too powerful, and had a high PL, then you would become slower, like you said in your suggestion. So, like in Orbit's idea, it would be a good idea to have a powering down button also.

I vote YES! Having to recharge a lot of them time and then getting blasted in the @ss by a beam spammer can be annoying. Thios system seems to destroy those possibilities.

I say the powering down button should be Q, and instant movement should be moved from 'G' to R, which is so much easier to use.

Hope the ESF team consider this. ^^ Does follow the series more, and it'd be nice to see a new system. More challenge, and horrah, for the end of beam spammers may be upon us! :D

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
One thing I would like to see with this idea, is this. When you do a signature move, it should be known, well not known known, but known to the point that the energy output of the attack, should show more "power", the more you charge it, the more "feeling" it has to the other players on how powerful an attack your preparing.

Best answers
I think this is a really great idea. Really brings some strategy into the game, and cuts out on all the pointless recharging.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because sig beams can't be spammed. Thus the chance of being hit with a signature beam should be more. Thus making a larger beam with a larger explosion radius would be needed. not TOO large, but enough whereas u can get those who aren't paying close attention. Of course you'll have a chance to dodge but not as much. but no insta-gib, unless your health is low.. so you have to strategically use your beam to hit someone =P

i was thinking each different type of beam would take up a certain amount of your ki

so... a fully charged

kamehameha would be 2 or 3 times without going into a negative bar

masenko 3 or 4 times

sbc 2 or 3 times

big bang 2 or 3 times

final flash 1 or 2

deathball 2 or 3 times

finishing buster 2 or 3 times

galiti gun 3 or 4 times

trunks fast attack forgot the name, 4 or 5 times

kame torpedos, 8 times

just random thoughts

Best answers
I really like this idea. The only thing I can see wrong with it is that you are confusing USSJ with fighting at 100%. Raising PL to your hardcap would be just like fighting at 100%, you are fighting at your all out max.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was thinkin like if u go ssj, you go to 100%.. but then you'd be able to charge with turbo to raise your PL.. when you raise your PL above the ceiling with turbo, you speed would then decrease.. does that make sense?

Best answers
More ki and slower recharge. It's been suggested a few times (by me in particular), but it won't make it inot the game.

The game is closer to completed than it is to started. Why not just ask them to go back and start from scratch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom