Solution To Lame Beam Explosions (right clicking beams)

What Do Ya Think (of post 5, not 1)?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Proceed to post five. ~Boyster

Ignore This Post

Problem: One big thing that makes beams lame, is having beamers that 100% of the time right click the beam and explode it in your face. Which leads to never getting to powerstruggle :/
Now i imagine that the true purpose of right clicking was to end the beam fire.

Solution:
Instead of enabling beams to explode and end with right click, let the beams detach when right clicked.
Detached beams could travel at a slower speed and lose alot of power after they are detached so they are not used as weapons of mass destruction and spam.

-example-
*cell fires a detached kamehameha at goku*
*goku fires an attached kamehameha at cells kamehameha*
*cells detached kamehameha is so much weaker that goku's kamehameha absorbs it like it was a weak beam and continues on target*

This would promote the use of attached beams, as detaching/exploding beams is really only a means of stopping your beam so you may use a different attack or avoid someone, and is not really a means of beam attacking.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Without detonation beams would never hit anyone except for those people who sat there and wanted to block struggle.

2.) Detachment has been discussed and isn't likely to happen because it's an easy way to escape power struggles and blocking struggles and keep moving.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The only reason detachable beams are not in ESF, is this. Why? There is really no reason to detach a beam, unless it has some purpose. Exploding beams is good for two reasons:
  1. If you miss your target, and is certain your attack will deliver the final blow on your target.
  2. If your firing, and controlling a beam, and you see one coming at you (Although detachable beams would work in this scenerio as well, it's the only reason.), you can detonate it, and either block, or teleport away.

Best answers
I also thought that you should be able to release beams by right-clicking insted of exploding them but, really there is no point to it and it would just create even more beam spamming.

If you could release beams when ever you wanted, then whats to stop people from just doing quick charge ups of kamehamehas (or any beam) and spamming them like how poeple are able to spam Special Beam Cannon? No one would keep the beams attached becuase it is so much easier to just shoot and run to get a kill.

Best answers
Post 5

Well i did have some replies, but after thinking about this hard its not easy to say whats best. It's a question of having beams that hit even if you miss (or if they block) or more beam/block struggles (which are getting a bit extinct)

I guess Powerstruggling isnt too badly affected if you can fire off your beam before their's comes within self detonating radius (unless they are blowing themselves up to hurt you)

Yeah detonating should hit mobile targets since beam aiming isnt always easy.
The main issue would really be with the beams exploding and dealing BIG damage even if you are blocking.
It makes blockstruggling completely useless.

New Solution:
So make block resist detonations (which cuts out the beam lameness)
And you can't be a "block whore" because once the beam hits your in a block struggle.

(p.s remove the poll if you will since ive had a change of mind)

Poll altered, ~Boyster

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
deatching was in esf

and it was removed because not only was it unbalanced but it was dumb

because of this it wont ever be back in esf

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what? I have a solution that may reduce lameness anf solve this:
If you can manage to keep your target on your crosshair for more than 2 seconds, clicking the use button(B) should switch from detaching to detonating.

Best answers
Hibiki : Did you read post 5? I changed my mind after reading SonicBoyster and KrazyKilla's replies, so i made a smaller but better solution to this.

Orbit : That's not a solution it's a compromisation. An unnessasary one too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep said:
I don't get the point of this suggestion ... you want to deattch your own beam ... ever played the ancient Alpha series of ESF ? I think this happend in A1.5 ... anyways

every transed player would beamspam with deattached beams ...

to your scene:
beamer fires ... defender wanna block it ... attacker deattaches his beam (WHY SHOULD HE ?) ... defender is blocking the projectile ... attacker charges a new beam ... defender won (maybe) the BS ... attacker fires the next beam/ projectile at him ......... this repeats as long as the defender gets killed by pushing to death into a wall

point ??? ... in current version the blocker would've had a chance to survive
PS: one of these two threads should get closed ...

Best answers
Nretep, not to be harsh but did you even fully read my posts? I came to the conclusion already that deattached beams are a bad idea in above posts.

Post 5

Well i did have some replies, but after thinking about this hard its not easy to say whats best. It's a question of having beams that hit even if you miss (or if they block) or more beam/block struggles (which are getting a bit extinct)

I guess Powerstruggling isnt too badly affected if you can fire off your beam before their's comes within self detonating radius (unless they are blowing themselves up to hurt you)

Yeah detonating should hit mobile targets since beam aiming isnt always easy.
The main issue would really be with the beams exploding and dealing BIG damage even if you are blocking.
It makes blockstruggling completely useless.

New Solution:
So make block resist detonations (which cuts out the beam lameness)
And you can't be a "block whore" because once the beam hits your in a block struggle.

(p.s remove the poll if you will since ive had a change of mind)
Now instead of discussing the top post, discuss Post 5 >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom