A couple of ideas.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok for the first idea.

1) 360 degree vertical swooping.

Right now you can only swoop up, at a 90 degree angle. So no matter how far you pull your mouse down, you will look straight up.

What im suggesting has the same concept as horizontally moving your mouse left and right. It has no limit to how much you can turn it. But if you move your mouse down, and look up, thats it. Thats the limit. From center to straight up is 90 degrees.

Something like this:

Second idea.

2) Lying on the ground.

If you get hit into the ground, after a few seconds your player will automatically get up.

Im suggesting that you would have to press a button, probly attack1, jump, something like that, to stand up yourself. So if you press nothing, nothing happens. You stay on the ground vulnerable to attacks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) o_O i dont really understand it, but its probably good :p
2)Yeah i agree with this one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
360 Degree swooping used to be possible BUT you can no longer change your cl_pitchup & cl_pitchdown settings >=/

It's not 90 degrees either, it's set @ 89 degrees, close enough though.

I agree with both suggestions, ESPECIALLY the first >=O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree as well i like the first 1 although its confusing i know what your talking about.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for idea 1, i sugest playing bfp to see the effect(and it's a good one)
the second idea, maybe somesort of grond pushing would be nice so you're not that vulnerable anymore.
it works just like walljump.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nr 1 seems interesting.... I don't think its to much work to remove the angle limits but dunno.

maybe somesort of grond pushing would be nice so you're not that vulnerable anymore.
it works just like walljump.
Something like landing on all fours what you can do with 1.2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
W8 you mean if I double-tap jump and look straight down I will actually move forward?
That could be useful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But now I do too. Just a tiny little bit. I bet there's no harm in making it a bigger bit.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like both ideas, but the second one could have problems if it's done like it was in DMZ.
You'd get hit by a huge blast, fall down, and wouldn't be able to move for way too long. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was about 10 seconds?
If it's only a few seconds though, then I guess it would be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom