Beam struggle problems (suggested for 1.2.1)

Best answers
Ok, you guys made the right decesion when you decided to make it so that if two beams in a truggle don't move for 5 seconds, they blow up... However, I think this should be expanded a little more.

As you may know, when beams collide they can, on occasion, go in an entirely crooked direction from where they are fired. Now, sometimes this doesn't matter, because there's a floor or wall nearby, but when you're in certain levels with VERY HIGH SKYBOXES, this can be a big problem.

Take a look at this picture, for a moment...

As you can see, I'm out of ki, as was my opponent. And pl averaging was on, thus an even match up, therefore.... VERY SLOW STRUGGLE!!!! The entire struggle took about 5-10 minutes... and only about 50 seconds of it was interesting... And yeah, once the heads finally hit the skybox, they exploded taking EVERYONE IN THE SERVER OUT...

My suggestion is simple: If 2 players go into a struggle, and one player runs out of ki... then quickly the other... as soon as that last person runs out of ki, there should be about a 20-40 second count down. If the heads don't hit anything before that time, they should explode...

Also, I would like to express my belief that once the players run out of ki, there's no reason for the struggle to GAIN power...

Best answers
I know how frustrating it is when you are locked in what seems like an endless power struggle. I fully agree with your last comment on on struggle gaining power once both players have run out. It just seems silly IMO

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
next time if you want to show a picture, convert it into jpg instead of keeping the bmp format
it takes ages to load over 1 mb for a 56k.

as for the strangely heading beams, i really thing there isnt a way to implement correct beamstruggles.

maybe a very bright flash on impact, while the beams are instantly forced in the correct way. ?
i think its the only way

Best answers
I think there no need to suggest this..If i am correct the team has made it that when beams don't move for 5-10 seconds, beams explode

this is from beta 1.2 outline:

Powerstruggles will be detonated if they don’t move for 5 secs [code done, should be tested]

------ ----------
If the picture was from 1.2 than the team has a little bug..otherwise the beams did move..but very very slow..

Best answers
You're right, they DO explode if they don't move for 5-10 seconds... And you missed the part where I even MENTIONED THAT FACT.... But that's completley irrelevant to what the hell I'm talking about... THE BEAM KEEPS MOVING, OPTIMUS!!!! Therefore, it wont explode.

Reptile: Don't tell me what to do, and yes, I know it takes forever to load bitmaps on 56K. But that really isn't my problem. I didn't have time to convert it. I wanted to get this said and done with while the ideas and words were still fresh in my mind.

You entirely missed the point, aswell. It's not about correct beam struggles, it's about beam struggles that last for half the game because both players ran out of ki, and are almost equal in PL, except one is just a little stronger, so when they both run out, that one person begins to win, but very.... very.... very.... very.... very.... very slowly....

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol that can be lame
i had a PS whit a bot that took 10 min because of that
( :laff: had a sendwich while the struggle lasted :laff: )

it would be better if the beams would have a spead limmit when the players run out of KI if the limmit isn't reached the beams explode (only when boath players are out of KI)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that "run-out-of-ki" thing is a bit lame, i never ever saw a char in dbz run out of ki while struggeling.
i sugest to think of something better than that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil is right, there is no reason why we should have to wait for a beam to hit a wall or something. If a beam is moving half an inch every minute, then the beam should automatically detonate. I also think if both players run out of ki, the ps should end. How can you continue firing a beam if you have no energy?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
How can you continue firing a beam if you have no energy?
Good question and the anwser is that you cant
so why not make the beam disapere when you run out of kiand the oponent's beam would go straight twards you (or anywhere else he was aiming)

this would give some thought to the pump KI into beam option cause if you run out of it you have a beam heding twards you

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
For 1.3, or 1.2.1 (Not sure), beam struggles are being fixed so they are fixed in one direction, instead of going off into another direction, they are locked going toward each player, that way, this will not happen. I see where you're getting at, and I understand the frustration everyone is in :rolleyes:, but keep in mind, the team is fixing this as well. Just wait for 1.2.1, or 1.3, which ever version is resolving this issue. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wanted a rubber band effect in powerstruggles...

if two beam heads at the top of each beam had collide, it bends into a straight line.. however if u shoot at the SIDE of the beam head it will push that beam away.. that way if you do a powerstruggle it wont end up like that :'(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe a very bright flash on impact, while the beams are instantly forced in the correct way. ? I think its the only way
I think thats a good idea, not only would it fix the directional issue but the flash would give it a very explosive dbz style effect, in the show there's always a flash or explosion of some sort when beams collide so I'm all for it. :D

Best answers
So if i am correct....beam are getting locked...so...if i try to hit someone and another character interferes the beams are locked and the struggle wil hit him or me?

But what if the line is pretty stupid like i am way above and he is at the ground on an illogical place..(I remember someone suggested this)

ME: ---------(*)(*)
/
Him:-----------/ ( don't know how to explane but the picture is that he bends his ( beam towards mine and what would end it like?

Like this?

ME: ||
(*)
(*) Cuz that would seem weird....
|| otherwise could you be more specific? {Krazy-Killa}
Him:||

Remember this is an question not an suggestion*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom