Balance vs Realism

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is ESF supposed to be balanced or true to the show? There are lots of threads on this forum that start with an idea from an ep of DBZ and get chewed out because it would make it unbalanced. I say so what? DBZ was unbalanced, It took Krillin, Gohan, Vegeta and Goku to take down Frieza, that was 4:1 and that was a fair fight. Then every Z fighter vs Cell. Goku has more moves than every other character because he is a technical fighter who doesnt just rely on brute strength, so don't say 'Goku has too many moves' because he has them in the show and there is a way around each and every one.

Best answers
true to the show!!!! and the movies since all the movies are named first by "DBZ" then the name of the movie!
i think that taking out the movies is a bad thing since brolly is in there!!!! and alot of other good charecters and ATKS....

Best answers
look...first thing i want to say is that technicaly - goku was the only 1 that actually do some damage to frieza. so it was 1 vs 4 (krillin, gohan, vegeta and piccollo) and they were all nothing to him. goku was a chalange.

now...on topic: the team is trying the game a fun game. now...think of a situation were the game is only realistic. goku would kick every1s ass except buu. so every1 would take buu and goku. and there would be 2304293 goku's and 23946827 buu's. every1 doing a goddamn super kaio-ken (super saiyan with kaio-ken incase u didnt know) and do a kamehameha - there goes the map! the whole server would be killed! so the team is starting off with the most basic thing in every game there is - balance! that is the main part of it. then they do it as much realistic as they can! and yes, goku has way more moves than any1 else but if u put every move he got then, damn! he would be invincible!!

i bet lots of ppl said what i wrote here now so search the forums and c all of the posts regarding this subject. trust me, you'll get what im saying

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get what ure saying, its nice that the first 2 posts were from both sides of the arguement. :)

so every1 would take buu and goku. and there would be 2304293 goku's and 23946827 buu's.
I don't host but i'm pretty sure theres a way of limiting 1 of each character per server, and seeing as there's more good characters and more powerful evil I think it evens out.

Best answers
If you do limit the characters to 1, there will be 2 possible situations.
A. Goku and Buu on the same team buchtering everyone.
B. Goku and Buu on diffrent teams, making a 1vs1 duel when others are left out.

sure does look like fun right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play on a LAN with character limits and real good/evil teams and I can tell you that Point B has never occured, just because they're the best characters doesnt mean they cant be beaten by the others, its down to the player.

Best answers
they are not the best fighters. its balanced! but(!) if u make esf realistic instead of balanced and realistic - then buu and goku would be the strongest.

and think about making it a 1 character limit - 1 goku....and 1 buu. both are the best fighters (realistic mode i mean). so doesnt matter if its goku and buu vs all or goku vs buu in different teams. any1 who isnt them will die in a sec except for vegeta...he will die in 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you assume that just because they're the most powerful characters they automatically win, it's more down to player skill and playing as who you're good with, IMO Krillen is the worst character ever but a skillful player can still beam and adv melee with him as with any other player. I'm not saying power isn't helpful, obviously it's a huge part, but don't think thats it's all about power and speed.

Best answers
yes but now your arguing with yourself...your first suggestion was to make it true to the show correct?..therefore if it was...then non ssj vegeta wouldnt stand a chance against fat buu...cuz thats true to the show..nomatter how much of a "skillful player" he is...he just wouldnt there would be too much of a PL difference..and vegeta's attacks would only be pulling off maybe 1 dmg per hit...and even once vegeta went ssj he STILL wouldnt beat fat buu..simply because in the show he WAS ssj and STILL lost...what your suggestion would do is base the game on the characters statistics that you pick..instead of the somewhat "skill" it is now..and personally that would suck..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if it was true to the show then krillin is useles and the vegeta can easaly tost cell in ssj form with a ff, but the beam would continu shooting strait trow him.
and then the levels would be way to little for the game so that doesn't make any sense.

and about the thing that goku and buu would then only be chosen, vegeta has more skil then goku with melee fighing becours he is used of the strong enemy's while goku had only bin trained by an human that just teatch him some normal moves.
btw, who keapt kidbuu buzzy, vegeta, and who made it possible to kill cell, vegeta.

that includes the lesson, till next time :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who helped to bring cell to his ultimate form? Vegeta
Who helped to free Majin Buu? Vegeta
But then again, he always pays for it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the majin buu thing is NOT his fauld, he didn't know.
and thet cell thing, if goku never died becours that than he never could use ssj3 and then buu would be the strongest, so goku owns vegeta a favor.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL ur rightbut anyways I think the PLs can be more true to the show like:
Vegeta start PL or
Gohan SSJ PL
you see its easy to solve those problems but its hard to get a mod to listen.

Best answers
guys....u r saying stuff u want according to the characters U use!! think about every1!

and by the way, goku has the same if not more skill then vegeta in melee fighting...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MORE, goku is an n00b compair to vegeta's melee.
you could see that in the fight majin vegeta vs goku ssj2, vegeta things about everything while goku only worry's about his friends.
just becours goku is stronger than vegeta doen't make him a better fighter.

Best answers
i have to disagree. in their fight - they were equal.

look at episode 217 - buu is hatched. minute 14:44. starting from there...they scene where goku and vegeta fight and make some cool moves. vegeta barley hits him, and compared to the hits goku does, vegeta's are nothing. vegeta is a master at melee. he trained his ENTIRE life!! but goku is...better. a bit, but better.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Is ESF supposed to be balanced or true to the show?
Balanced. There is no way to make it true to the show and playable. The best the team can do is give them attacks that they used on the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No the team can also give them transformations.

Best answers
Niobe, you are wrong....perhaps when goku didnt died both Goku and Vegeta could have been SSJ3...They were rivals till the end of Buu...

So i think that they would continue fighting/training against eachother since Vegeta has no hatred against Gohan he didnt fight him..and Gohan might have been the strongest at the beginnen of world martial arts tournement..Cuz he would definetly train more with Goku then..

So it was fate...we cannot predict what would happen IF Goku didnt die...
IF Goku didnt played with Ginyu ..Vegeta wouldnt probaly die and Goku wouldnt be able to take on Frieza..unless he use Kaio-Ken 40x..
or if that stupid Dende told that he could heal..Goku would been able to help Vegeta.

And actually it was Gohans fault Trunks died...and that his father had to die..
Because he was toying with Cell just like every saiyan would (except Trunks)..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah as Vegeta would say Trunks doesn't have the honor of a pure-blooded saiyan.
And you see how many things changed because Trunks traveled back in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom