• Idea is good, but needs some tweaking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the hell do you mean!!???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I an other topic, they were saying that trunks has a disadvantage.
And i sugested the slash atack.
But people keep saying that the sword gibs, wel i've never seen the sword gib.
So made up the slash atack, it is like this:

You select your sword, and you charge it like a beam.
You run/jump/fly/swoop/whatever towards your enemy and you release the button, then trunks swing with his sword.
if you are close enough you wil do 60 to 80 % damage to the enemy.
If you kill him, you wil not gib him but slice him, like when you are killed by an destructodisc.
Ofcours you can block it, if you block it, you will only lose 20 % of your KI.

Good idea, or not?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DDisc gibs and Sword gibs aswell. It gibs if your health is below 20%.
Gib=Slice(I think)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think a block should only be successful if your pl is higher than Trunks's. And gibbing is when you are sliced into a bunch of pieces, which is what the disc does and what the sword does when you have 20% of your hp.

Best answers
I think JP has a cool idea there. The sword attack wouldn't need that much work on it, just a simple strike down with the sword...

One thing, 80% is way too much, maybe a max of 60%, depending on how much the attack is charged...

I'm assuming you would hold left click to charge...? And it'd be similar to simple melee, except it'd be a single, powerful strike with the sword...?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you were to block a sword with your arm, you wont have an arm. If you block a sword with your hand, your hand is gone. Thats why i say that if you block the sword, you should still take physical damage, unless the enemy's pl is higher than yours. In that case, if they block either no damage is taken whatsoever or your ki is drained (id say 65%- it is a sword ya know).

Best answers
there is a cool sound in the esf/sound/weapon folder, which would be cool for this attack.
look for presword1.wav

Best answers
In DBZ Episode 222 Piccolo did something like you said but he used his right hand and his victim was Babidi. Babidi went into 3 pieces but he didn't die. Vegeta performed his Ultimate Sacrifice in that episode ...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a swort can be blocked, look at the episode that future trunks gives king cold his sword.
king cold taght that trunks is to week without the sword, wrong, he crapt his sword on the steel and just walked to him:D
and when he wanded slice and. 18, it just breaked.

Best answers
Canon's Food, there's a better sound, swordkill.wav

As for Zeonix, no the sword can't be blocked, but yes it can be prevented from slicing your face off. :p

As seen many times in the DBZ series, the sword can be held with the palms of the opponents hands, in such a way it seems they are squeezing the sword... and I believe that in this case there should be a power struggle in which you'd have to press a load of direction buttons (the same one like when two players go in for pre-punch).

Either way, the sword wouldn't be broken etc, if you were Trunks and you lost the power-struggle then that combo thing would happen like if two players went in at the same time to pre-punch... And if you win, then you would do the combo like you would normally do with the pre-punch power-struggle, and then you would do the slash attack thing, which would take around 65% as Zeonix suggested.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
I think a block should only be successful if your pl is higher than Trunks's. And gibbing is when you are sliced into a bunch of pieces, which is what the disc does and what the sword does when you have 20% of your hp.
Ya i agree it should only be blocked if there stronger then u.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The part about King Cold: Read my post. I said if the person who is using the sword has the higher pl, then the attack will go through a block (and will obviously hurt them if they arent blocking). If the person blocking the sword has a higher pl, then either the sword will do no damage or ki will be lost.

As for Linex: Yes, people catch the sword. They do it everytime. But it is also the person with the higher pl that catches the sword. Im not gonna bother re-typing the above paragraph so just read that part.

I like your idea about prepunches/combo thing. After you charge the attack, you will need to hit the opponent before the directional thing happens. There should also be multiple combos for this one move. One such combo should be ridiculously long, but should be an insta-kill (or close to it).

Why not add something like this for other characters too? Like charge a punch or something.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
about the unblockable sword Goku blocked the attack from trunks whit 1 finger
(its the episode wher he comes back to earth)
a sword instagib combo perhaps it could be put together whit the flamethrower as a great finishing moove first slice'em and then toast'em (1.3 or later ofcorse)
and this would even come closer to the series (the way he killed frieza)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omg...im going to explain this one more time (im not trying to be mean; i just hate repeating myself more than once): If your pl is higher than the person who has the sword, then no damage will be done to you, and perhaps you will lose some ki. Was Goku stronger than Trunks in that episode? Hell yes. Need i go further?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thus if this was implemented...

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=471110

trunks sword attack

...there could be an addition. when weilding the sword, you can charge it.. right click would be to charge it. so when you do simple melee with the sword he will still fly.. however u can charge it and do more damage. the longer the charge, the harder the hit. if his hp is at a certain point, u can insta gib him =P

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would dropping the sword and then picking it back up be possible? Cause if it is, i kinda like your ideas. How many hits would it take to destroy the sword (4 ki blasts, 1 generic ball....?).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm.. maybe it could have a seperate HP.. well i think it would be easy.. make it a seperate model

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you select the swordatack, you wil pull out the sword, just like in 1.1

Best answers
well i like the idea..but what about swooping it working with mellee..as it stands now..if u have zany attack selected except for mellee and u swoop at anyone that has mellee selected they wil hit you nomatter what...but at the top u said you could swoop while having it charged? 0_=? so whats gonna happen when you swoop head on with your sword charging? i think it should be limited movement when using the attack just like a beam..and the sword should be able to be blocked AT ALL times..to prevent spamming..because lets face it..trunks goes ssj pretty fast..if he goes ssj in a server full of non fast trans char..he can just sword them all until they die..t wont be hard since they cant block i...also what about charge time?..would it charge fast or no? and when it hit..what would it do?...would it knock the character off of what he was doing (ex:swooping,having turbo on ect..) or would the character be able to continue doing what he was doing after being hit..and also the reach of the attack needs to be set...how far would the attack go?....would it be really close? seeing as its a sword it doesnt have much reach..especially to ESF standards of reach..so what would happen in all those cases?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, you would have some movement limits, no swooping,.
But but you could jump and fly.
Hitting with your sword should be difficult,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think hitting with your sword should be difficult.. i mean.. it can be easily knocked off your hands if you're hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom