arg block responds too slow

Best answers
sometimes when i am swooping, and someone beams at me, i stop and press block, but because it responds too slow, i die, sometimes, it doesnt even block at all, so im like wtf, i think block should respond faster and if u are way stronger than the beam, u should be able to block when u are moveing/swooping like for example a ki blast(number 2) u should be able to hit it away as u swoop or fly

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg i know i posted a topic similar to this. well i said that teleporting and blocking respond too slow. but blocking while swooping..... that i dont know about.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont block, flee. Solves that problem. I dont see why a ki blast wouldnt be deflected by you if your pl was higher. They should add that in, and take away all delays.

Best answers
It has a delay between the moment you press the button and the moment you actually block, because in 1.0 (i think) it was instant and it was abused.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has a lot more to do with aiming to the side and with your ping than the delay. The delay is minisceul(sp?), barely noticeable, but what often happens is someone detonates the beat at the last second or they angle themselves differently before they swoop into you.

Best answers
miniscule...

and you just have to learn to anticipate your block being slow. i always double tap block, like the swooping. it seems to work better for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ktimekiller said:
sometimes when i am swooping, and someone beams at me, i stop and press block, but because it responds too slow, i die, sometimes, it doesnt even block at all
and ive been saying that for how long :rolleyes:

Best answers
Texas said:
It has a delay between the moment you press the button and the moment you actually block, because in 1.0 (i think) it was instant and it was abused.
no, you could attack instantly after you blocked. hehe, if your ping was good enough you could even hit them b4 they hit you. i think it should be put in the game, you know, to counter the simple melee double hit. fight fire with fire!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
block has always had a delay on it

for whatever reason its never been improved on saying to make it instant when u push it

most of the time the split second delay is enough to kill u and make block worthless

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I've had a lot of fast close matches and a lot of times where i've detonated a beam and immediately tapped block with no trouble. Even if I was hit a tenth of a second after I hit the button I would still block. The delay is really small... I think what the real problem people are having is the animations get caught up in each other. If you press block too soon after you stop swooping it wont register for some reason, or if you are holding it and *then* stop swooping it wont register as happening, or if you are holding it and press fly you'll stop blocking.

Best answers
not for me, sometimes, when i p[ress block when standing still, it wont block, so ***, and it aint my ping, my ping is usually 50-100

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then it's your aim. If you aim to the side of someone, even a little, you can miss.

Best answers
did you just say that if you aim the wrong way that your block wont come up? thats *** and should be changed if its true.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't aim at the person you are blocking you wont block them. You can aim a bit to the sides but not much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom