ESF Crash

Best answers
Hey, I couldnt find if someone had posted this already. I run my HL/CS in OpenGL 1024x768, 16-bit, and I have a very recent ATI 9700(I think). My computer is only a few years old. I used to play ESF beta, so I got the new 1.2 to play it again. It installs and loads fine, but when I got to connect to a server (using Steam), it goes as far as "Parsing server info..." then crashes to my desktop. No matter how many times I try it, its the same thing over and over. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Ive been dieing to try the new beta so I would appreciate it if someone could help me out.
Thank you very much.

~Zero

Best answers
If steam is not fully updated (it will look that way but its not) then youle get that, to check if steam is fully updated check steam monitoring, and if its updating its platform files for example, youle have to wait untill that update is finished otherwise you will not be able to play games via steam. (the icon would change aswell to steam "working" mode)

Also do you have all the latest updates (Hl& so on)

And latest drivers?

Best answers
Ok. Right now it says its currently not updating anything. Then again, I can never trust Steam because it deceives me very often. I know I have the latest HL, because Ive been playing CS 1.6 for a few weeks. Im not so sure about how to update my driver yet because Im not very computer savvy. Knowing myself I will make a fatal error :( If maybe someone could help me (guide?) update my drivers so I would have some reassurance backing me up, that would be great.

~Zero

Best answers
Well if you do have an ati card, its simple go to

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/...&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=16&submit.y=4

This is the latest driver for ati radeon cards.

Download and install it, then your prompted to reboot, after your comp rebooted ati wil refresh your screen a few times so DONT PANIC if this happens ;)

After this try to play ESF again, if the problem isnt solved then il hear it from you.

However i dont think this would solve your steam problem tho....however its STEAM were talking about :rolleyes:

What also could be the case is that you got a bad install file, try DL esf elsewere and then reinstall it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom