Frustrating

Best answers
So, I downloaded ESF and then created a local game to practice against bots. Well, when I put it in the number of bots and started the game, no bots were in the game. So I used addbot in the console and got some bots going. Whenever I come within a few feet of a bot to melee or whenever I try to beam attack it, it just teleports away. They do this all the time, I have only landed like 2 melee attacks on a bot within 30 minutes of playing, and no beam attacks have hit them either. So, my question is, why aren't there bots when I put in bots on the local game creation screen, why can't I block throws, even when I press the primary fire button like it says in the manual, and is there a way to set bot skill from the console?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can set their personalities you know

try pressing the = button in game. that will bring up a menu and you can modify how ever you like it. there is also a personality chart go to start>run and type this into it C:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youre-mailhere\half-life\esf\esf_bot\BotEdit.exe

do that and you can edit your bots personalities. make them stop teleporting do whatever you want. hope this helps you

one other thing there is a patch you can download www.esforces.com/bot go there

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the throw thing should be edited till 1.2.1 till then just hope that muse 1 will delay the enemy long enough that they run out of ki and you get free

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah throws are annoying. Anywho you can use block (Q by default) when they swoop into you. Then they can't possibly throw you. And clicking the left mouse button does help. By pressing it you pay your own energy to delay the throw and make the throw harder for the bot since he will have to push more energy into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom