Powerlevel. Should it be more then just a marker?

Best answers
Before sonic jumps in saying look at patch notes *pulls shotgun*. I think that the powerlevel system could be alot better.

Right now. Powerlevel does not increase ki at all. only when you go super.
Powerlevel is your atk and defense thats pretty much it. *and powerstruggle power*
The marker for when you go super 0_o

Whens the last time someone has got a perfect trans? Powerlevel seems to lost its meaning from alpha days up to beta 1.

Beam size? powerlevel seems to not control this anymore. Just the dmg
Ki? nope you always have same ki. so powerlevel does not effect it.
Speed? only super.

I know having the huge beam killing everyone sucked. I just look at the pl and it feels kinda empty anymore. Once you get the super *super 2 or 3* You are left with nothing else to improve on. Yes some of this could be change if people would stop using default settings. But its not going to happen.

Bad gram aside. Does anyone else feel kinda the same as me when it comes to powerlevel? I think one day it should give bonus to speed power beam size *limit on the size* and other things. Just my 2 cents.

Best answers
i think the beams should speed up as your PL gets higher (depending on how big the beam is) but that would help add to the effect

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what you say???

power level effects a whole lot

take a person with 1000 pl and go into melee vs a person with 560 mil and u will see that the guy with 1000 cant even make a scratch on him

pl determains damage and defence for just about everything

Best answers
I said that hibiki :p

Yet it does very little with anything else
I mean defense and power is nice but it should do alot more then just melee dmg and defense. What about other factors? Ki? speed? teleport? Beam charge?

Best answers
Yes, as of now powerlevel affects damage, and that's about it. I would personally love to have it speed up beams, it seems logical. I dont think it should speed up balls, just beams. In 1.3 there is gonna be the new transformation so i don't think it should affect speed, plus i believe having to calculate speed for 10 people every couple of seconds would be extremly strenuous(sp?) on the server and cause massive lag. I wish that powerlevel affected ki, because i personally almost never transform, and it puts me at an extreme disadvantage to transformed characters even though i usually have much more PL than them in my normal state than they do transformed, but they still are faster and have more ki. Seems odd.

Best answers
They have a point there...
now i finally know why i get bored so fast after achieving SSJ level.
if it would just increase some more stats....

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So when I get to 8 mil PL on a server with an average of 2 million, my beams should actually move *faster* so that I can spam more efficiently to gain *more* pl faster? Besides, keep in mind not everybody has the same power level. It isn't fair for the weaker characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually in the show it was....

less-charged beams were fast

longer-charged powerful beams were slow

anytime you saw someone charge a super large powerful beam it would travel slow.. however, it would be harder to dodge because the head of the beam would be so large.. i htink beams aren't large enough in the game

Best answers
Sonic, thats exactly how it should be. If you have worked your way up to 8 mil, you deserve to be able to kill new players with ease. That's one of the things that annoys me about this game, it's made to be fair to the weaker characters. They need to earn their right to be strong. That's why i also would love for the default for mp_plcatchup to be 0, not 1, because most server hosts do not even know it exists, and then you have a very noobie friendly game going.

But that's for another thread....

Best answers
night shade you do have a good point. Now they sould make it like dmz where when you get to a sertain amount of pl a menu pops and and asks liek whaqt do you wnat to upgrade power defence or speed and also whatever once they want to add. I think that would be kinda nice but if they did that. They need to make it where if you get a big amount of pl from a kill it should skip the "bonus" point thigns liek it did in dmz. Dopnt nkow if i made sense its 3:23 and i cant typ or spell for ****.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Powerlevel is fine as it it,
Faster beams? why? that is not fair against the weaker ones.
Lets say finalflash. why faster, becouse it is so strong, it is also not the fastest.
There is something called balance

Best answers
lol thats also why there is a limit and with his final flash it wouldnt get much faster at all since its regualr super stong blast. But you can at least add to the size of the beam so it would make the game look better and more interesting but also like you said about balance..you would make it balanced. He just said what he thought now if we want to elaberate on it than we can get into details about balanceing it. Now if i werent lazy io would say alot more about this indetail but blah blah iam lazy and its 3:35 am and i dont care.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have to say i agree, there isnt much of an *woah* effect in the power.
nor do i find it crap to be of significant higher pl and still beeing tossed by a guy who first joined the server.

power doesnt has the same meaning as it has in the series. thats a pity.

you dont have the feeling that you are stronger. so in that way, jeah power hasnt got any advantage, dealing 2/3/4/5 hp more damage doesnt qualify as that kind of advantage. cause it isnt really noticeble

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
konstantine77 said:
Sonic, thats exactly how it should be. If you have worked your way up to 8 mil, you deserve to be able to kill new players with ease. That's one of the things that annoys me about this game, it's made to be fair to the weaker characters. They need to earn their right to be strong. That's why i also would love for the default for mp_plcatchup to be 0, not 1, because most server hosts do not even know it exists, and then you have a very noobie friendly game going.

But that's for another thread....

With that high of a PL imbalance two yellow beams will kill anyone. How is that not being able to kill new players with ease? The suggestion here seems to be only that you should get even more advantages than doing massive damage when you get a high PL. It would seem to me that we might as well start increasing their damage reduction until they're invincible because of their power level. Being able to do ridiculous amounts of damage should be enough.

Best answers
hm i think beam speed is fine as it is...
i would rather see pl affect player speed in stead of beam speed...
ki should increase with pl in stead of form too i think....

Best answers
Well i think... Beams and melee should be balance.

I think the beams should be a tool for the melee...

Instead of having the beamer or meleer. The beams should not insta kill without a super super long charge time.

If people want more speed? Make ki recharge faster. beams do alot less dmg but as you gain power so does your beams and charge time. Also the defense with powerlevels and gaining powerlevels faster. ESF could become a really fast game that has a good mix of melee and beams.

getting hit with basic melee lets say once that person recovers pretty fast *higher pl* and sees the other guy charging a kame. The guy who is just recover could then start his. Slightly faster then the guy who hit him. and bam a nice little powerstruggle could happen.

I dont want beams to become kill everyone like it use to. What i am saying is if people had something to always work for besides just going super. then esf would not get as boring.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i couldnt agree more.
when i join a server, and start fighting my way to the transformation i really enjoy the game.
but after gooing super, smack some guys shoot some beams, the fun is gone.
its still basicly the same, only your character changed, and you might have gained a beam or 2.
beeing super doesnt give you the feeling you really are stronger.

atleast this is my oppinion

Best answers
they need to just code plcatchup out of the game. I don't remember in the show someone dying and getting weaker "people with high pls". Also I agree 100 percent with you nightshade.

Best answers
A good Idea is developing here, but I think u should make of it a multi choise poll titled "what do u wan't powerlevel to affect" or something, so u can gather results.

Meanwhile' I liked the Idea nightshade offered. Beam struggling is fun, and the more the better :D so his Idea suits well. But again, I'd personally like to see a poll of it, but ure choise...

Best answers
Indeed, the idea has alot of good points to be considered. Ki and speed imo should increase as your pl rises instead of pre-determined stats for each character. As soon as you have reached eeh let's say 2 mil with vegeta you'r speed and ki should already have increased, so transforming will only make those speed and ki stats higher. And it would make sense, because if krillin and ssj gohan have the same powerlevel, krillin should at least have a (slight) chance. Allthough in the end, it all depends on the player's skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom