How do you double hit?.. frustrated

Best answers
I just cannot double hit someone. For one thing whenever I try to teleport on them I always come up short or am just unable to line it up perfectly... is there some way to change the distance you teleport? People always seem to go just the right distance to hit you a second or third time.

Another thing, how do people manage to double tap so quickly? When I look at other people it seems like they are only pressing a key once, and theres no delay after the initial basic melee hit for them to start swooping. Also, many many times after I recover from being hit and try to double tap I end up just moving in whatever direction as if one of my taps didn't register.

This is really frustrating... I want to play this game but I just can't when everyone else is able to double hit (and it looks like it should be easy) and you can't. It also seems really cheesy... being able to basic melee someone 2-3 times without them being able to fight back. I'm not sure why it didn't happen in 1.1 but I liked that version more just because of the lack of constant double hitting.
But hey.. if you can't beat them, try to join them or leave I guess.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honesty, it's just timing. Ping probably has something to do with it too, as I would imagine it's hard to double hit with a high ping.

Best answers
i usually just keep my crosshair on my target, teleport once(or twice) and hold on to the right click, and it happens.

Best answers
Well, even when I have ping in the hundreds, I'm able to do it with even Gohan. You get used to it, Optimus is right, it comes down to timing. As soon as you you hit him, double tap again immediatly and keep holding right click.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well first of all you must know. if you see someone basic melee another person. if you see it from a side view. they appear to be like 2 or 3 feet away when they get hit. they dont come in contact. with that being said here is what you do to double hit someone

1st you basic melee them so they go flying backwards. keep your crosshairs on them and keep clicking your right mouse button (dont hold it)also teleport. if teleporting once doesnt work, teleport again, you shouldn't need to go beyond 2 if you do you wont hit them cuz they are recovering by that time. and while they recover you cant melee them only beam them so if you do manage to double hit them since you cant hit them with melee again throw a ki blast at them or maybe 2 for extra damage

Best answers
Also with the higher speed characters you can just swoop right after you hit them and do it again, which does it for less ki

Best answers
grrr said:
Also with the higher speed characters you can just swoop right after you hit them and do it again, which does it for less ki
You can do that with all the characters.

Best answers
I think Gohan's swoop speed is slower than the flyback though =\

Best answers
Wrong, unless you are trans'd fast chr. What seems to happen is that online, your ping seems to affect your recovery time, obviously the lower ping the lower your recovery time. I play on a local server (when it doesnt crash) and I recover very quickly, usually just over a second, when I play on US servers it takes me 2-3 seconds to recover with 400-600 ping.

To do the double hit "easily":

Swoop and hit them with simple melee.
Wait for the sound of your hit to completely disappear, during which you re-align yourself with your target (because most of the time the target doesnt fly straight away from you).
As soon as the sound stops, teleport and quickly double tap swoop again while holding simple melee.

This is tried and tested.

Best answers
zolmaster said:
Wrong, unless you are trans'd fast chr. What seems to happen is that online, your ping seems to affect your recovery time, obviously the lower ping the lower your recovery time. I play on a local server (when it doesnt crash) and I recover very quickly, usually just over a second, when I play on US servers it takes me 2-3 seconds to recover with 400-600 ping.

To do the double hit "easily":

Swoop and hit them with simple melee.
Wait for the sound of your hit to completely disappear, during which you re-align yourself with your target (because most of the time the target doesnt fly straight away from you).
As soon as the sound stops, teleport and quickly double tap swoop again while holding simple melee.

This is tried and tested.
You put way too much thought into this, lol. It is not difficult at all to do the double hit, so a "easier" way is quite useless IMO. Once you get it for the first time, you should be able to do it just about every opportunity you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom