Good and Evil team balancer

Would you like team balancing?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
One thing that would help make teamplay work on public servers, is fair teams.

Problem:
Currently players can willy nilly change teams when they want, and even be lame and all pick the same team when they continuously lose.

Solution:
Add an option when creating a server for "Team balancer"
Example: Good has 5 players, Evil has 4. You would be forced to join the evil team to keep the numbers in balance and keep the game fair.
Similiar to how team games such as natural selection work.

PRJ

Best answers
I think this could be done by someone having an AMX server :O?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This is pretty much all ready in, but not fully enforced. When you click Auto-Assign. It auto-assigns you to the team with less players, and if both teams are even, you join the team with the less frags. But yah, if this was enforced alittle more, this type of thing would not happen, even though I haven't seen this happen yet.

Best answers
If everyone used auto-assign, the world would be a much better place, but obviously, everyone is lazy/greedy/selfish(the cause of 99% of all problems in the world) and join the better team.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
That's exactly Shuyin's point. If the Team Selection was enforced like the Auto-Assign is, then the playing field in servers, would be more even, and players would have more fun, instead of complaining about teams being uneven. For instance. Adding to Shuyin's suggestion. If you try and join a team that has more players than the other, you would be denied that, and would have to join the other team. Now if teams are even. You would still have to join the team with the less points, so that way the losing team would have a chance at winning.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could pull the team-balancing script from CS and implement it in ESF, but it's down to the server if they want it on or not. Also what about Real Good/Evil team games, evil would be stuck with the same three characters until 1.3. (Android 18 + Captain Ginyu)

Best answers
Well if it was to be put in 1.2.1 i spose the ESF team could leave out the real good and evil team option for the time being.
But if the team wanted to wait untill the good and evil teams were balanced in 1.3 then that's fine.

Evil has 4 characters since vegeta is included. So i guess this is how 1.3 teams will look :

Good:
Goku
Gohan
Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin
(Tien)

Evil:
Vegeta
Frieza
Cell
Buu
(Android 18)
(Ginyu)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it should only go by score. I mean if one team has less players but is better why should players go to that team?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This could be done by with an AMX plugin and by the way, the auto-team option is bugged, it always defaults to either GOOD or EVIL, it'll be fixed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It better be. But I think it should be changed into what I said above. It makes sense doesn't it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but a bit nazi. I believe IF they added it, the server admin should be able to disable it or change the preferences (whether it moves players depending on score, time in server, or whatever)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds fair but make it an option in the adv. options menu for a server right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom