Double Tap Tweak

Best answers
I've searched threads but all suggesting to remove the double tap. I'm not suggesting that so i didn't want to put this in someone elses thread.

Suggestion:

Why couldn't swooping work like this. It would be just as difficult except it would be faster to do. Thus increasing the gamespeed a lil more & giving you the ability to actually dodge attacks.

Instead of double tapping a direction on the keyboard, how about you hold a direction on the keyboard and double tap your attack button (ala mouse1).

I just think it would make it so much easier, while still requiring you to keep a cool head in battle.

• Hold direction, double tap mouse1.

+ More responsive & faster to perform
+ More noob friendly, while also allowing skilled players to use doubletap to it's full capacity.
+ Still makes it difficult to do chain swoop while making it more responsive.

Best answers
hmm sounds ok..but it might get confusing to some people to double tap mouse one (while holding the direction key) then hold mouse two (if they want to do basic melee) on the long run i cant see this being put into esf..but that might just be me :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
neh, i hate holding and my movement key and my mouse to perform one move.. its fine the way it´s right now

PRJ

Best answers
I dont like this idea since i am so used to the Swooping we use right now :/

Best answers
Well Personally I see it being more skill oriented and more responsive for people that work harder at it.

I'm sure there are people that will agree with me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really this wouldn't work too well because you would need to be on melee weapon selection to swoop. So that means if someone was on kame or ki blast instead of swooping they would start charging kame or shoot to ki balls.

Just not a good system. Double tap is fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's an improvement, but I still prefer the auto-swoop suggestion (when turbo is enabled, movement is replaced with swoop) from a few topics back.

Best answers
You wouldn't need to have melee selected. You can't fire currently while swooping anyways so it makes no difference what u have selected when u hold a direction and double tap fire.

And, if u mean... u would fire off an unneeded blast then well that's wrong too :) Ever notice how in some games u can pull off a combo by hitting all of these attack buttons but it doesn't use any of those attacks? ... because you are initiating a combo -_-, same principle.

My point is you would be double clicking much faster than the game actually takes to fire the quickest attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda like this idea but it has it's downside it would be hard to get used too probably really hard and I mean why fix something if it ain broken anyways double tappin is fine just takes a short time and some patients to get used too.

Best answers
Hmm... i really don't think it would be hard to get use to. And it would make it much more responsive during chain swoops. It would essentially be how u swooped in 1.1 with the exception that u hold a direction and doubletap mouse1. I myself find swooping easy as well as chain swooping. My problem with the current system is that it is too slow. You will never be able to double tap a key as fast as you will a mouse.

It really is easy. Just try it...

Hold a direction on your keyboard, and double tap mouse1. I don't understand why it seems difficult. (then again maybe i play too much cs.. haha)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey what if you press 2 direction?
And why double tap the mouse? Wouldn't it be better to do one click?

Best answers
If you do one click then you wouldn't be able to move directions and fire an attack.

And if you press two directions? ... uh it cancels out like it does now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
double tap is fine... its not too complicated.. althought sometimes it may have a laten response or doesn't respond at times

Best answers
That's the problem i have with it :/ for what it's used for I think a quicker response time would benefit it greatly.

This way, it would be no more difficult to learn than how it is now.. and in the end you just get a quicker response time, and it would always be responsive. (unless u have some kinda sticky mouse button fetish)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
• Hold direction, double tap mouse1.
+ More responsive & faster to perform
+ More noob friendly, while also allowing skilled players to use doubletap to it's full capacity.
+ Still makes it difficult to do chain swoop while making it more responsive.
- you can't use oldstyle melee anymore, because you've to press mouse1
- you can't swoop while any other "weapon" selected
- you would have to press 2 different buttons (one twice)
- it makes chain swoop inpossible, because you'Ve just one button you've to double tap ... so you would have to release it and doubletap again --> no chainswoop
- double tap in direction it more n00b friendly, because you don't have to choose direction and then double tap
- I don't think it's faster to perform ... it's same time for me ... you just have to think a lil bit longer, because you've to press 2 different buttons

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They could keep the mouse1 click in melee. It will work only in melee mut it will be more comfortable (to me :)). Like teleport you will swoop in the direction you last moved when you press mouse1.

Best answers
Nretep. I suggest you read the full thread and all the followups. As everything you stated has been cleared.

Chain Swooping by the way...

YOU DO HAVE TO CHOOSE A DIRECTION AND DOUBLE TAP IT. So i don't know what u are talking about nretep. Currently you have to decide on a direction, and double tap it. Then hold the direction you just double tapped. So.. you can't say that u like the way it is currently because it's more "noob" friendly... when ur whole arguement against the idea,... goes the same way for the current system :-\

and.... chain swooping..
It's very possible.

Hold direction, double tap mouse1. (at this point u are still holding a direction like u have ot now). Simply do the same thing u have to do now when u want to chain swoop. Simply do what u do now to chain swoop, exchanging double taps with double mouseclicks. (continue holding the old direction, hold the new one, double click with mouse)... it's the exact same thing as it is now..

ok look... people... don't just read and assume "wow that's hard"

try it...

hold a direction.... double tap mouse1... how hard is that.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
To me, it's more complicated. I have a hard time controlling both my hands at the same time. So trying to double tap the mouse1, while pressing directional keys would be somewhat, if not impossible for me to do. Plus you need the mouse1 for melee, and attacking. What if your moving while doing an attack, and you accidently double tap your mouse1.

BTW: Nretep, you can swoop while having any weapon selected, it's not bound to melee being selected anymore.

Best answers
:( Well i'm sorry it dint seem hard to do at all. and it still doesn't seem like that.

Once again.... prolly because i play too much =-o ... :\ gotta lower my coordination standards for yall.. haha

And you wouldn't be doubletapping mouse1 while pressing direction keys. You will PRESS and hold* a direction key and double tap mouse1. It's no more difficult than moving and charging is.
GOGO POWER RANGERS!!!

What if u were moving and accidenlty doubletap mouse1? .. Well.. you'd have to accidently tap it very quickly. You would actually probably have more problems with accidental double tap more with the directional keys than with the mouse. As the mouse is very responsive where as the keyboard isn't. Which frustrates people requiring multiple taps. Think about it.. how often now do you accidently swoop? ... how often do you accidently double click fire?... i think the accidentle swoop outnumbers it.

btw.... U currently can't attack while swooping. So.. i don't understand why that's an issue.

U know what i think the problem is i didn't make myself clear on how this works.

OK HERE WE GO!! YAY!

Hold a directional key, double tap mouse 1.
You don't doubletap mouse1 and HOLD IT. The only button you continue to hold is the directional key.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems it will take longer than double tap on the keyboard. But what do you think of what I said?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom