DiskGuiding - Tweak Suggestion

Do you want this idea for 1.3? or 1.2 patch?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOO!!!

• Maybe with some more tweaks

• I do not fully understand so ima just go read what u wrote

• Total voters
Best answers
I've suggested this idea 2 times before. But each time for a different version of ESF, as esf is constantly experimenting and changing it's gameplay. I think the idea should be re-entered for each new version that's found fitting.

And now with ESF 1.2, (assmuning 1.3 will be somewhat simular to it... ) I want to suggest this again.

This is my guided disk idea for frieza

• Frieza disk is guided via a picture in picture box in the corner of your screen.

• You control the disk with your mouse & movement keys

• You must be looking at a player (ala them in ur crosshairs) to fire off the disk

• While in this picture in picture mode controling the disk, frieza is constantly looking at the disk with his hand forward following ur actions with directional animations from his hand or arm. Also, the disk and the player both share movement keys and mouselook. So if you look up with the disk, the player looks up as well. If u move forward with the disk, the player does as well.

• For emergancy use (or if u haven't mastered diskview) you can simply fire the disk with secondary fire. Letting the disk go off like it does now, and right click again to bring it back.

~ Idea i'm tinkering with.... Make the disk have no axis to abide by. What i mean is, let it flow free (like the redeemer in UT). This way, it would require skill to master the disk... making it useless in a ^nOobs^ hands.. while making it an attack to truely be feared in the hands of a a player who's practiced with it.

+ Provides much more controlability for the disk
+ Makes it much more true to the show
+ Opens the door for many new tactics and strategys
+ Opens the door for many DBZ`esque moments
+ Creates a "skill" factor to killing someone with the disk. While still making it noobie friendly. (altho, it would be very hard for someone that's well... not good, to kill with it.. which is exactly how a 1 hit kill weapon should be)

*BALANCING Q&A*

Q: What's to stop people from hiding in a corner and killing everyone?
A: Radar, and you know the player must be somewhere where he could see a player in order to let off the disk.

Q: Don't you think this makes frieza too powerful?
A: No, the diskview would only be truely effective in a skilled players hands who has practiced. And even then it would be difficult to not get capped in the face while chasing someone else with the disk. Also, if you are chasing a player and you notice them going after your body u will be forced to beat the player back to yourself or eliminate the player before he reaches u. Of course if he stops to charge a large attack to spam u u will catch him.

Q: What's to stop a player in diskview from throwing himself into the ground to release the disk and teleport away before he can get hit?
A: Easy, a "recover" time... a period where frieza exhibits a heavy breathing animation from all of that energy he just wasted. (time to be determined)

Well that's my suggestion. If i left anything out or you are unclear on something please let me know, i'm certain i've left out a few points.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Interesting Idea on how to control Frieza's Disk. Should be more interesting, and amusing too. *pictures a player being followed by a purple disk* :laff: I like the disk view though. I don't know if you put this in there (didn't fully read it yet). How about, if the player your attacking is not in line-of-sight with with your view, the disk should not be controlled until either the disk, or the player comes back into the your view? (This would suck in the City Map though.)

Best answers
Yeah I like the idea as well :)

And I love the thought of having to dodge a disk that keeps comming at me.

And i see where ur getting at with ur idea on the "must be in view" thing. Because that does make sense. But i can see people teleporting behind tree's and rocks making u lose control of the disk. It would just get very annoying.

But then again, being that u have a scouter it would also make sense that you would be able to follow a player without actually seeing him when he runs behind a rock or something.. because of his PL.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yah. Or, have it so the view isn't updated as much. Because you're relying on your sense, and/or scouter to track them. Maybe have the Disk-View update every 1sec or 2. That way, it'll be somewhat more difficult to track the player, plus stoping from the source player from hiding behind something after they get a lock and fire the disk.

Best answers
I think a delayed image on a picture in picture screen would be extremely difficult to code. Considering latency and fps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is actually a good idea I think.. but I would think for balancing reasons it would be better that it drains your ki to control a disc like that so it isn't spammed endlessly by someone on the ground.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well it shouldn't drain a considerable amount of KI. I mean, wouldn't you love to dodge a disk that's being controlled in that manner. I know I would! :D I saw there should be a KI requirement for using the Disk-View. If you don't have enough, it reverts to the old way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krazy-Killa said:
wouldn't you love to dodge a disk that's being controlled in that manner.
Maybe, but everything gets annoying after long enough. It sounds like fun, but in the middle of a battle and a disc starts chasing you 20 times in 30minutes is not my idea of fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it should be PIP (pic in pic) cuz then u can just sit in a corner and move your disc to somewhere else and camp. It would be better to just control the disc as if it was a char. You caould still camp but you wouldn't see yourself.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Orbit said:
I don't think it should be PIP (pic in pic) cuz then u can just sit in a corner and move your disc to somewhere else and camp. It would be better to just control the disc as if it was a char. You caould still camp but you wouldn't see yourself.
That's what I thought at first. Using the disc in a full view, instead of in a PIP. But you can't just camp and fire a disc. You have to see someone, and wait until your crosshair turns red before you can fire it, and you can't move after you fire it anyway. So camping is kinda out. :p
Kama said:
Maybe, but everything gets annoying after long enough. It sounds like fun, but in the middle of a battle and a disc starts chasing you 20 times in 30minutes is not my idea of fun.
Yah, you're probably right. Maybe limit using Disk-View 2-3 times per life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh Killa your sig moved to the left oh well. But if you kill someone and then make a disc and aim it on his dead body... or if you stand in the black zone in battlearena it's not so hard to see ppl.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds interesting but if you restrict it to people on your radar, or restrict it so you can only fire at someone on your radar, you're screwing frieza over. If you only have to be far enough away to click on someone that could be anywhere and so that seems like a little much. Really the odds are as soon as you fire off that disc if you can't move you're going to get hit, so being able to fly around as a disc is an interesting idea but it would only be workable on the corners of the map where you can hide, which would make it a cheezy tactic. Besides, then you're going to have new people coming in from CS hooking up their new Steam Aimbots and totally abusing it. Even if only one person on one server used frieza with an aimbot it would get ridiculous like devil, server to server hiding and massacring people. If steam was hack proof I'd say it was great but it'd be easier to dodge a player using melee than an instagib disc that locked onto you.

Now hacking aside I think the idea has merrit, but like I said, it'd only be useful if you hid, so people wouldn't be a big fan of anyone using it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you made Frieza's disc disappear if t got into a part of the map then it would be good against aimbots. Right now it disappears only if it goes out of the map.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well the PIP idea could work. And what I think could also help Frieza out is. You can still move after firing the disc, but then your mouse would be useless because it's controlling the disc. So, you can move forward, go up, go down, strafe left and right while controlling the disc. Or just have the mouse control both frieza and the disc.

Discussing Post below mine:

Giving Frieza a few seconds immunity wouldn't hurt, especially if there was a timeout period after throwing the disc, and bringing it back, using it again. Allowing Frieza to jump while using the disc also wouldn't hurt. Since he did move around while using the disc. :p

Best answers
As for the aimbot... if that's so much of an issue then eyelasers... and laserbeams... and heck, generic beams. Should all be taken out of the game as they all have the possibility of being hackerspammed. =-o. And aimbot doesn't do much good if ur teleporting past the disk :)

Also, i think it would be more fun but alot harder to spam kills with an instagib that only goes so fast. While a fingerlaser or eye laser for example (common aimbot victums).. are instant. The only thing an aimbot with diskview would do is slow down ur hackness :)

+wow... killa... i never even thought of that.

Yeah why not have the mouse and keyboard control both the player and the disk? I Mean... That way frieza would always be watching the disk so it looks appropriate. And you could dodge attacks and what not more efficiently. (just like in the show.. where frieza dodges gokus kiblasts)

That makes perfect sense, and could make it much more useful where u can dodge more attacks. (while still not unbalancing the game because bunny hopping and strafing wont last forever) .. but it deffiantly would take some skill to do, while controling the disk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe right mouse click will switch between controlling yourself and the disk that would be easier and it would take skill... And When you switch the thing that isn't active should be in the tiny pic.

Best answers
Hmm maybe. But then how would u call the disk back? Perhaps attack1 on diskview? or fly into yourself to be caught?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you fly it into yourself you'll be gibbed... Yes attack1 sounds good.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yah that sounds like a good way of controlling both the disc and the player. The only thing you gotta worry about is the hardware lag (That I myself is experiencing now). You should still be able to fire the disc the way it's setup now. Make it so Mouse2 switchs between it while the disc is not in flight, but when the disc is in flight, mouse2 reverts to the disc-to-player control.

Orbit: Yes I know my sig moved to the left. I did that. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom