Compatable?

Best answers
If I only have Counter-strike condition zero (does not give me half life, but gives me old cs) can I install the ESF mod? or do I need to go and get half-life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as you have the retail version of counter-strike, you'll be fine.

Best answers
yeah, just treat the counter-strike folder like the HL folder... and it will work fine

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah woah!
You guys didn't read his post =P

He has condition zero, which only gives you cz and cs - not halflife as he stated.

I'm afraid you need to buy halflife to be able to play esf - condition zero won't work by itself!

Best answers
no worry you can get hl for about $5 on amazon i think or close to it but thats non game of the year...game of the eyar is like $7-8 i think

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol , out here in aus it's about 49.95 in stores or 30bux , can't remember

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mm?
That's what happens if you buy condition zero :)
I can safely assume from his post that he most likely has condition zero, o at the very least is planning on purchasing it.
You guys were talking about counter strike, which could lead to the false assumption that cz works with esf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CZ probably has the halflife engine installed within itself, just like retail counter-strike does (so CZ could give him both CZ and CS)

If CZ and CS work, then ESF will work perfectly fine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but with just a condition zero cd key you do not get halflife, and therefore cannot use esf.

Best answers
Yeah that pissed me off, I'm new to 1.2 (I played non stop up untill half way through 1.1) I baught CZ, and tried to install hl and i somehow needed a different cd key im like wtf.. stupid steam. I needed to find my hl cd case and that took me like 5 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom