swoop overpower

Best answers
well i have had a few problems of powering up and not able to get away from ppl fast enough with swoop, so here is my idea. no matter what your doing, powering up, shooting beam etc... if you double tap the direction u wanna go you just swoop rather then stopping and swooping. for beams if you do it the beam would just detonate or not do anything (up to the team) and you can get away kinda faster and it could help keep your ki a lot more

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I see where you're getting at, and I totally agree. With people that have slow computers, it's kinda hard to get away from people with swoop. Especially if you're powering up, or using a beam attack. I myself have had this problem with teleporting. But I solved it by making a tiny script for when I'm swooping it instantly stops every movement key and initiating a teleport in the last known movement I was heading. Like if I was swooping forward and I used it, it would stop swoop then teleport with little to no delay.

Best answers
ah thats cool, the sad part is i dun got a slow computer lol its just annouying to stop power up, stop and swoop so it would be better for swoop to overpower any action (except melee)

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yah it would be cool if it did. Unable to evade would be a thing of the past (To the more experienced of players.)

*ADDITION*
How about a penalty for doing this type of manuever (This could be spammed if there was none):
  • If attacking with a beam, a small amount of KI is taken for detonating the beam, and then initiating the swoop, then regular KI drain for swooping takes over.
  • If powering up, no KI penalty
  • If charging an attack and you wanna swoop instead, you cancel the attack (Takes an amount of KI), then you go swoop mode. :D
  • If blocking, no penalty.

Best answers
Yeah, sounds good. It annoys me too, when I'm trying to swoop away from someone and it seems like my character just stands still for that half a second or so before the swoop starts. The game would have a much "smoother" feel if the awkward standstill time was removed, in my opinion.

Best answers
i think it's ok with that yea :yes:
and about swooping... if you swoop and hit someone with right mousebutton you should take him to a wall or anything what's in the way with your fist and causes a lot of damage ( also costs lot of energy i think )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe, I already have an idea for that but thats not for here so open your own thread.
Anyways, on-topicI like it very much! Gr8 idea I have a damn stupid pc with about 12 fps. Why didn't I think of that? Very good idea.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's designed that way. If everybody could just instantly swoop wherever they wanted without having to think or do anything that allowed for human error (like manually detonating a beam) it would be almost impossible to hit anyone no matter how good you were. Just practice double tap swooping coming out of powering up or practice detonating your beams and you'll be fine. Slow computers have little to do with it... if you have a poor connection you'll have trouble swooping, but that's being worked on already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea why I don't think we should rely on that being worked on, but I think this is a good idea. Atleast for blocking because I don't do it alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom