Beam Jumping

Best answers
I remember watching the 1.1 trailer with my good friend Genesys and saying "cool, cool, cool...what the hell is that?"

That was our first glimpse of beam jumping. It looked ridiculous. We could barely remember ever seeing anything like it in the show. It didn't seem to fill any gaps in the game. Basically, we thought it was a silly addition to the game.

My opinion of beam jumping has only decreased since then, and particularly since the release of 1.2, the only reprieve being that beam jumping off people was removed.

Baiting people towards you and then beam jumping away is a barely legitimite tactic. it was tolerable in 1.1 because it wasn't too hard to avoid, but it was a good once off attack to use, and all was good.

But in 1.2, it's nearly impossible to get away from. Swooping is slower. Much slower. Not only is the actual swooping slower, you need to double tap to execute the swoop, adding another slow down to the equation.

Teleporting is now delayed. Usually, by the time a SSJ has beam jumping far enough away from their Kame to kill you, you can teleport twice if you're fast on the draw. And that's just not far enough.

Chasing them is difficult as well. Teleport is reduced in it's effectiveness. If it's a Goku, even worse as he can teleport while charging his beam. Discs won't hit them. You cannot swoop fast enough to get to them.

Teleporting does work, but of course you smack them into a wall, which they then beam jump off to the other side of the map, and it all starts again. Combined with the exploits that you gain from turning flying on and off, it just makes for a crappy game. Also, it seems you can't hit someone with melee once they are in a beam jump.

So please, either take it out or at least make it so that the beam detonates insignificantly. It's just ****ting me off too much.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no he has a point and you bough your argument up well and i support your reasons for wanting it out

Best answers
I think beamjump is good as it is.
Maybe some tweaking, but it shouldn't be removed

Best answers
well from what i know beamjumping was only used once in the series...
goku trying to jump trough the clouds in "the land of sore losers"
nowhere else if my memory is alright
but removing it is kinda harsh...
rather see some tweaks to the teleport delay and maybe swooping to be a lil faster

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Beam Jumping is used for evasions. Goku used his Kamehameha to get away from one of Frieza's blasts. I beam jump when I need too, but most of the time I do wall jumps. :D

Best answers
beam jump is one of the things thad makes ESF what it is... thay got very detailed things with, even thod its only use once or 2 times thay got it.

example
1. Beam jump used 1-2 times by krillin and goku
2. Kame topedo used 1 time by goku
3. friezas telekinese used 1 time by frieza
4. gokus beam teleport used 1 time by goku

Best answers
I don't care if it's removed or changed...but it just can't do as much damage as it does.

Best answers
what you meen by thad... beam jumping aint a special attack... it does the same damage as the attack would do anyway... jusy dont move close to the head of it.

Best answers
Perhaps you should read my first post?

Typically someone gets a gohan and ssj's as soon as they can.

If someone is using only beam jumping, you can either go towards them to attack, or stay where you are to try and evade or counter attack.

If you go towards them, and they beam jump, there is no way that you can get away as fast as they do. Their beam will detonate and you will most likely be killed (see my first post for all the reasons)

If you don't, well they fire the beam and just detonate it next to you anyway.

Whatever happens, by the time you've avoided as much as you can, if you're still alive, they're on the other side of the map already charging another Kame to beam jump spam with.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's already being messed with for 1.3 per one of my in-tester suggestions. It'll be a little less abusable in the future but it probably wont ever get removed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom