look here

Best answers
maybe many have asked about this but can't u make the maps destrukeboul ( can't spell) i mean that u can destrouis it???? it would be fun to blow up the map^^ :devgrin:

Best answers
Destructable is the correct spelling.

It is possible to make the maps destructable in the HL engine, but it'll give you an assload of lag. I think it's possible for everyone in 10 years, where the internet and computers have developed much more.

Retired
Best answers
Some maps have things you can destroy but having an entire map would be laggy and basicly pointless if you miss with your shots you'd blow up a large section of the map and soon you'd be left with a big box you'd be fighting in.

Best answers
ok, but can't u make so the map come back when it's destroyed but offcorse it will be lag when it coming back so thats maybe not beig some good idea^^

Best answers
Yeah.. The team has probably thought of this already and discarded it because of the limitations of the HL engine. I have to admit, taht would be cool to be able to blow up the map, without lag. But then, in nooby serrvers with all those beam whores it would blow up in 5 minutes. lol

Best answers
yea thats not so good when the hole map is destrouid but like i said u can make it come back slowly or something but maybe it's gonna be hard to do and lagy when u play but it would be quite cool if u do that u can always try and see how it's looks=P

Best answers
But then, in nooby serrvers with all those beam whores it would blow up in 5 minutes. lol
lol 5 minutes? In this version i'd say much less, lol :laff:
not that i agree with that... I simply hate all those beam spammers... ;/ but it's the god dammm true! ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Objects wouldn't really blow up, they'd just dissapear. The half-life engine is limited. Really limited (how old is it ? At least 5 years)
Something like this would be better off discussed for a game on something like the half-life 2 engine.

Best answers
Mayb you should try downloading some custom maps... there are some where you can destroy things, You'll see it in the map description Try looking for it :) :laff:

Best answers
It's older than 5 years, its like 10 years old. a 5 year old engine would for example be quake 3 (even then i think thats 7)

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Some time ago there was an update of the hl engine , i think that hl was a new and better engine now but i dont remember its name saw it on steam News

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life was released in '99 (so 5 years old). And I doubt you'll ever see fully destructable official ESF maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom