cvar for tele delay

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there was a cvar for the tele delay, I'm thinkin it would stop all of the *****ing about it... The idea seems reasonable enough to me, if people wanted to play without the delay, but with a chance of playing with a scripter, it's there decision...

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Good idea. But they might not like it though. Even though it is the player's decision to set the teleport delay. If they set none, then they have to worry about the consequences and don't ***** at the ESF team because there are scripters out there. ;/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly. if they dont like it they can just go into their console and turn it off "sv_teledelay 0" or if its not a 1 | 0 thing it could be... nevermind. lets not bring that up. I like the idea. but people will complain in servers. but you have to understand krazy killa everyone is going to complain aboiut something no matter what you do. cuz everyone thinks differently. but i bet you knew that

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yah I did, actually. :laff: Non matter what you do, no matter how hard you try. People will always complain about something. ;)

On-Topic: Maybe the cvarlist should be by seconds, instead of 1 and 0. That way it'll be customizable. :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, it should only be to turn it on/off... If it wasn't, I can just imagine people setting the delay for rediculous amounts of time.. lol, they'll be like a 5 minute delay on a couple of servers I bet :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all for it! All I care about is that I can make it more like 1.1 That would be cool to check it out. I wonder how it will work.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(bumps thread)

I'm just going to suggest one more idea that i've suggested like 2 other times, but no one listened... here goes

The teleport delay shouldn't take place before the first teleport. That's just stupid, it serves no point. The whole point of the delay is to stop scripters, if the delay doesn't take place before the first teleport, it will still do what it was designed to do just as well as before, and, imo, stop a lot of the *****ing about the tele delay.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee will shift around in 1.3 so we'll see what happens to the teleport delay. Whatever is decided during testing is what will be appropriate depending on what changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom