esf for half life 2

what do you think about having esf updated to half life 2.

• yes, i think the team should update it, landscape, characters and everything

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i think that the characters should be updated

• no, i think that it shouldn't.

• Total voters
Best answers
i think that esf should be updated to run with half life 2 in esf 1.3/4 as it would make it more life like and cooler. i kno it would take along time but counter strike, natural selection and day of defeat are doing it. if you dont, then i can assure u, alot less people will play esf.

PRJ

Best answers
OMG THEY HAVE SAID THAT ESF WILL LIVE AND DIE ON HALF LIFE ENGINE!
and please stop posting suggestions ;_;

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Firstly, ESF will live and die on the Half-Life Engine. This has been said hundreds if not thousands of times by the team, and other users on this forum.

Secondly, why do people ignore reading the stickies? :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(SS2S) Kakorot said:
i think that esf should be updated to run with half life 2 in esf 1.3/4 as it would make it more life like and cooler. i kno it would take along time but counter strike, natural selection and day of defeat are doing it. if you dont, then i can assure u, alot less people will play esf.
I seriously doubt it. Even years ( I think it was '95? ) after the initial release people still play HL and it's mods. That, while games as Farcry are released and Doom 3 and HL2 are on their way. HL's fanbase in the biggest fanbase EVER, people will not just go away as soon as ESF doesn't convert to HL2. My point, HL ( and ESF ) both have a big fanbase and will not just ....... die all of a sudden. Pcjoe and Harsens have proven that HL's limits still can be explored (points to 1.2 and 1.3 outline). I rest my case.

Best answers
I seriously doubt the fact that not many will play ESF after HL2's release is on the team's worry list. They said ESF will live and die on the HL engine and it will do so unless they decide otherwise, this used to be a sticky, but I guess it isn't anymore.

Best answers
ok, X, i didn't say would die straight away, but, it would start going away. as quite alot of the popular mods such as natural selection, counter-strike and day of defeat are doing it. it will slowly slip away until they are forced to either update it or shut it down, and that wold be a damn shame.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(SS2S) Kakorot said:
it will slowly slip away until they are forced to either update it or shut it down, and that wold be a damn shame.
The team has made up their minds, and the fact that people don't respect that won't change anything.
The people who love the mod and the community will stay.

Best answers
ventually they will slip away, like a girlfrend to a boy, if the boy doesn't grom up, the girl slips away and eventually dumps him. THAT GIRL WILL BE YOU ONE DAY IF THE TEAM DOESN'T SOME TIME UPDATE IT! U WILL GET USED TO THE OTHER ONES AND PLAY ON THIS AND THINK 'how c**p is this' and foreget about it, and maybe even uninstall it, so just ber that in mind (soz about being so violent, it is just that when everyone is against me and idont wanna giv up, WHICH I B****Y WELL DONT WANT TOO, i get like this, read my other threads and i am actually quite calm, and my other suggestions).

Best answers
y r u still arguing?? "ESF will live and DIE on HL engine", so whatever u said about forcing to update or shut down or wutever, the answer is what i just quoted

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I gaurentee you the team will want to move on after they release a few more strong betas. Converting to half life 2 would mean they'd have to rebuild all of the models and maps and learn the new code, and that's a lot of work. If the team changes their minds I'm sure the community will be the first to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom