Capture The.... FLAG! o/

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<center><u>Earth’s Special Forces: Capture the Flag</u></center>

Hwoarang and I both feel that ESF needs a classic capture the flag mode to add another element of fun to the game.

We both agreed it would be best to break it down something like this.

<u>Basics</u>
- Each team has one capture point with their flag on it.
- In order to gain points, you must capture the enemy’s flag. However, if your flag is NOT in your base, you subsequently cannot capture the enemy’s flag.
- You may return your own flag, by touching it once the enemy has dropped it.

<u>Advanced</u>
- When you have the flag, you may NOT;
• Use Beams.
• Teleport.
• Melee.
You can still use these, but doing so will force you to drop the flag (enemies can therefore use advanced melee to force you into dropping the flag). When you do have the flag, you will be limited to the use of Ki-Blobs for balance (no beam jumps), and to create a more team play oriented atmosphere.
- When you have the flag, your speed will be cut to 75%. Again, this for balance and team play because it will force your team mates to back you up.

Feel free to post your comments, suggestions on ways to make it better. But both of us really feel this would have some potential.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Wow, such an interesting suggestion for Capture the Flag. I give it 5 :yes:. Good job. :D

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's ok, but if they get hit with melee, they automaticly drop the flag? Thats gotta suck if you have the flag considering there speed is going to be cut down to 75%. All the enemy team would have to do is get two people, with one advance melee the guy with the flag, with the other get the flag once he drops it. I know the whole point of moving 75% of your normal speed and not being able to melee/beam/teleport is to make him a target but... That's too much. Everyone in the server will go towards that one guy with the flag and no matter how much team work you use, someone will hit him.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You can still defend your self, if you're the flag carrier, all you have to do is start charging a attack, and fire it. You'll drop the flag though, but if you get the shot in, and kill your attackers, you can grab the flag and continue on.

Best answers
It looks good, except one thing. The 75% decrease in speed is a bit much. If you look at 90% of CTF games, it's usually one person running in and running out at least half way back to the base before teamates start to back you up. If you have a 75% decrease in speed then it would be VERY hard to capture with anymore than 2-4 people. I was thinking this could be offsetted by taking out the rule about returning your own flag by touching it once your enemies have dropped it. Otherwise you'd have a cat and mouse chase for a couple hours before finishing one game.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It beez teh sexy suggestion opti /me supports

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
It looks good, except one thing. The 75% decrease in speed is a bit much. If you look at 90% of CTF games, it's usually one person running in and running out at least half way back to the base before teamates start to back you up. If you have a 75% decrease in speed then it would be VERY hard to capture with anymore than 2-4 people. I was thinking this could be offsetted by taking out the rule about returning your own flag by touching it once your enemies have dropped it. Otherwise you'd have a cat and mouse chase for a couple hours before finishing one game.
75% might be much, but there would have to be at least some sort of speed decrease, or everyone would be Krillin.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what about 50%, it's better that 75 and 60% or 55% can alsy be to mutch so wy not 50%

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, let me clarify.

I never said a 75% speed decrease! I said your speed would be cut to 75% not BY 75%...

In other words, if your speed is 100, when you have the flag, it's 75.

Best answers
:yes: Definentley would make things interesting. New gametypes == teh win.

Best answers
I can see it being a much better alternative than straight up death match for purely fun.

Some balance changes would have to happen tho, mainly related to simply tying up defenders. 3v3, I fire off a fully charged KHH into the main direction I think they are and kill one, wound another. My team mates charge in and decide to use throws. They simply sit there and charge their throws while I grab the flag, release their targets away from me, and attempt to continue the cycle.

Mean while I'm half way back to my base, flag in tow.

Everything else seems like it'd do fine enough, defending will be pretty hard tho.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
youd definately need huge maps for CTF in esf, cuz of the wide range of movement, and how fast you can travel, it would take less than 15 seconds to go from one end of the map to the other in the current maps, which wouldnt be good ctf, andim not sure how much bigger maps can be made,

though that old nameks triangle was pretty huge

Best answers
i like the idea, but i also agree with nitzy, the mpas would hav to be made bigger or u wont be aloud to swoop as the thing would take only 15 sewconds to get across the map, unless it is in alot of corridors that you can get lost in, you think you are going the right direction then BLAM, you hit an enemy and they kill you with a camhama or finishing buster. but you would hav to hav alot of people to hav any chance of transforming :) but i love capture the flag and it would be a great addition.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i say alway's to show the efect, play bfp to see the efect.
you see that q3a already have that a wole while so with some tweak's here and there comes a good mode.
o and befor i forget, if you're gonna play bfp to see the efect note that bfp is way faster than esf.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, it is only possible if all characters would have gotten themselfs stripped of all strong attacks, the range of the big attacks is way to big to be used in a game mode like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom