Writing Symbol over Head

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i dont know if this has been suggestet before and i dont know how i should search for this idea.

well its only a small thing, you all know when people got headsets and talk that there is an image above their head, why isnt there something when you write cause sometimes you just dont know when someone is typing.
then they get angry because you killed them and then they kick.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Na a small symbol would be enough.
the symbol could be a Pen or lamp i dunno, just soemthing that you know you dont have to attack him

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i suggested that before like many others ... and i still think its a good idea :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm but you are on THE TEAM dont you think youre words are heavier the words from others ??? o_O

Best answers
i second that wouldnt u DJ-Ready have a better say in making this happen then the rest of us?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uumm dude dont use my avatar pic ok i cut that up and you didnt make youre sig so you definatly didnt make your av now plz use a different ava pic
also it says shadow on your sig pic is that shadows? any ways make your stuff or get somone to make it for you

any ways yeah why shouldnt it be done if a team member wants it himself

Best answers
lol dude he isnt using YOUR picture

both of ur sigs are ripped from the show

did you think of the possiblity that you both have episode 222?
anyways backontopic

I dont think I quiet get it, do you mean add smilies to the half life chat?
is it possible? otherwise what did you mean???

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I like this. Reason would be because, if you're trying to talk to someone, and ask him to power struggle, he's over here blowing you to peices while you're typing. o_O

Best answers
RoshkoMasta said:
I dont think I quiet get it, do you mean add smilies to the half life chat?
is it possible? otherwise what did you mean???
He means having a type of symbol appear over your player model's head (like the diamond) that allows other users to see when you are typing a message.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jup thtas what i mean , that symbol should pop up when you press the typing button, just like when someone is talking to a headset

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bfp has a good one, it's a little blue talk clout with points...........it's easy so wy not.

Best answers
I love this idea... how many times did you get mad, or did someone else get mad at you because of this problem. Awesome thinking, Im assuming this shouldnt take too long to do and will be a very nice addition to the game.

@kingvegeta - I made that sig for him man... he just requested the name to be Shadow, dont ask me why.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah now that you mentioned niobe i remember that sign from BFP.
and yes lots of people get mad when their typing and you killem, but how should you notice it, since there is no sign where says they are writing something.

Best answers
Here's a thought though...would players really stop dead in their tracks if they see a symbol indicating a player is temporarily paralyzed? Or would it encourage them to attack with more speed/power?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i can only speak for my self, but when i see a player standing in the corner and gots that sign over his head i would leave him alone,

but when a player is forcing now to get killed by standing in the middle of the map where peoples are fighting i would kill him.
they just need some places where they can write in peace

Best answers
I love this idea...make it so the indicator on their head turns into a sign above them that says TYPING.... in red letters :D that way i don't kill someone and then they yell at me or flame me

Best answers
do it like jk2 / jka. the symbol appeares when you open the console or press esc too

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I showed the thread during a meeting and Joe replied with "Rick, you can code that"...
If I have some free time I might do it :) (Don't count on anything though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom