ESF Beams

Change Beam?

• Yes, this one looks cooler!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, the beam sprite is already fine the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Anyone here think the ESF beams should look like this?

I got the picture from the main page:p...Anyway..
Anyone? I think this would be a cool beam sprite. It's what the beam should look like, because thats what it looks like in the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
take out the spiral look.. make the beam larger

Best answers
would be cool if the altered the beamheads.. looks boring.. maby they should (if possible) do like they have done with the spirit bomb, just inverse.. so that small particles floating away from the beam head.. would look cool.. i think.

Best answers
So what you're saying is that you think the esf beams should appear more like larger versions of piccolo's special beam cannon?
I think they're fine the way they are.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think there fine the way they are now too, although unknowns idea was pritty good actaully.

Best answers
Well, i didnt make that pic, i should of really takin away the spirals, before i posted it. Just picture that beam in ur mind without the spirals. Then it would look more DBZ'ish, like in the show.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a side view of a beam, the way the sprites are currently used that would be impossible to accomplish, cuzthe sprites have one sprite in front and a trail that follows,

the big sprite in front is a ball shape so as to look right from all angles,

to make a sprite look like that itd need to have a 3d shape to it, which is not currently possible,

if perhaps they would make beamheads mdls, you could make them like that but with 2 dimensional sprites its impossible,

you would need a cone type shape in the front like <------ to do that, (if you catch what i mean)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't that a suggestion? Anyways it looks pretty much the same ingame.

Best answers
Well they're just fine as they are, period :smile:

Best answers
Beams need to be unlimited in the power/size they get based on how much PL you invest into one.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I remember early early alphas the beamheads WERE 3d models (they looked awesome), and I was dissappointed when they went to sprites. It would be neat if the head of the beam was diferent, kind of spikey in the back and around the sides of the head (like in the pic) but no spiral around the trail. I wouldn't mind if they went back to 3d models being the head of the beam.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
thats a side view of a beam, the way the sprites are currently used that would be impossible to accomplish, cuzthe sprites have one sprite in front and a trail that follows,

the big sprite in front is a ball shape so as to look right from all angles,

to make a sprite look like that itd need to have a 3d shape to it, which is not currently possible,

if perhaps they would make beamheads mdls, you could make them like that but with 2 dimensional sprites its impossible,

you would need a cone type shape in the front like <------ to do that, (if you catch what i mean)
well, apart from that there are not gonna be 3D sprites ever, it is not possible with one sprite, right!
...how bout more than one sprite for the beamhead?!
some pseudo-3d-effect...that would also be possible although more coding would be necessary.
like 1 sprite as it already is (the ball-shaped sprite) and others floating away...

I guess they took the mdls out because of performance issues.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fakedante said:
Beams need to be unlimited in the power/size they get based on how much PL you invest into one.
Wont happen + it's off topic.

The beams look fine the way they are. Adding a spiral to all of them would make them look like special beam cannons.

Best answers
Look at my previous post.
Just picture that beam in ur mind without the spirals. Then it would look more DBZ'ish, like in the show.
Im not saying make a new beam sprite *With* the spirals;/. If i had photo-shop i would of removed them before i posted, but i dont, so just picture the beam without the spirals.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
thenamekman said:
Looks like a kamahamaha with bean canon no good with goku.

He has already said a couple times "WITHOUT" spiral, he just didnt want to edit the picture.

Anyways, maby someone should put in the suggestions forum "a new beam head."

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can make that easy, i only dont think that the head of the beam can be done unless ofcours there comes a coder that can make it like this.

Best answers
Alpha2.0 beams were cool, the front was very nice as well. Dunno don't find the 1.2 beams very special, they all kinda look a like, though the ka-me-ha-me-ha really has it's own style in the show, the only real cool beam is special beam cannon.

Best answers
niobe said:
i can make that easy, i only dont think that the head of the beam can be done unless ofcours there comes a coder that can make it like this.
If you change the code you wont be able to join on other servers/others wont be able to join your server!
so, I think this should really go into the suggestion section, cuz we can
change nothing but the beamhead's sprite!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom