Teh Capitan

Which way of body switch do you like better?

• Option 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Yes this is a sugestion thread for captain ginyu as a playable character. I recently bought DBZ Supersonic warriors for GBA and in it ginyu is a very good and balanced character and i think it would be killer to put him into ESF. He has plenty of attacks, some that i found in the game that could work:

Captain Ginyu (and the ginyu force)
Starting PowerLevel: 850,000
Max Health: 110
Max Speed: 205
Attacks:
Ki Blast
Generic Beam

Milky Cannon: Captain Ginyu places his arms above his head then shoots a beam of energy from his mouth
Recoome Eraser Gun: (This is from supersonic warriros, i liked the idea), ginyu "Teleports" away and recoom teleports in his place (same stats as ginyu has), fires the eraser gun, and teleports away after it hits/explodes and ginyu comes back
Jeice Crusher Ball: Same as the eraser gun, but jeice zaps in and does his crusher ball
BODY SWITCH:
This is the big bad signature move of ginyu. It could work in 2 different ways:
1.) Ginyu fires the beam like an ordinary attack, only it has an instant charge time, but takes up 75% ki. The beam moves very fast, but is very thick and noticable:
_______/--------------()
Ginyu->0---------------() <-Beam
_______\--------------()
and it cannont be directed, detonated, blocked against or stopped until it hits another player or the wall. This could be at a disadvantage to ginyu, for a low power level character with enough skill could zap him/herself in and steal ginyu's higher PL body. This skill could also work well in conjunction with the "Hiding/Masking PL" sugestions we've heard about as ginyu can sneak up behind the big PL players and do a quick switch. Secondary Fire makes ginyu punch himself in the gut doing 10 damage to himself

2.) The more advanced way so to speak, ginyu charges the beam up like a regular attack (still uses 75%), only there is no minimal charge, he must charge it up ALL the way. If he doesn't keep his cursor over the oppent for the whole of the charge it happens more or less like option one. If he manages to keep his cursor on his target for the whole of the charge up time, his opponent is frozen in place when he fires his body switch. To make this fair, the beam would move slower, abit faster than a beam in a powerstruggle, and a powerstruggle bar would appear on the other player's screen, if they are strong enough and have enough ki they can break out of ginyu's "Trance and ginyu would be helpless (it is fairly hard to break though). Here comes the cool bit. Again, like the first sugestion, a lower PL character can take advantage of this situation and steal ginyu's body. Also for a hilairity factor all other players could have an attack called "Throw Frog" where if ginyu is doing a body switch they can throw a frog into the beam, turning ginyu into a completly helpless frog with no attacks, 10 HP and 1 PL. As in the first sugestion Secondary fire makes ginyu punch himself in the gut doing 10 damage to himself

NOW That i have explained the 2 ways it could work, lets here what happens when it is actually succesfull (aplies for both ways):

Ginyu then does a complete switch with the opponenets, health, speed, ki (not PL) and model. Attacks stay the same (i'm pretty sure they did in the show). The opponent recives Ginyu's PL, and ginyu gets' 3/4 of his opponent's PL (remeber in the show he couldn't bring out goku's full power). When the opponent respawns, he gets his origional PL back, but still loses a lot, unless he can work his PL back up to what it was in ginyu's form. When ginyu respawns, he keeps 3/4 PL that he had in the other body but loses stats/model.

This could be an interesting new character to add cause i'm sure it would implement the all fun game of "body hopping", which is ginyu hopping bodies to try and get to the most powerful one on the map, or simply switching to regain health and stay alive. Seems fun, get the crap beat out of you, simply switch bodies with another character and dispose of them easily.

NOTE: When ginyu switch's with trunks he gets his sword for melee damage (duh)
NOTE: Ginyu DOES NOT have a transformation (sorry really couldn't think of one). BUT If he switches to a character and has the required PL he can initiate that character's transformation (super saiyan ect.)
NOTE: If two ginyu's powerstruggle body switch for whatever reason, they are BOTH TURNED INTO FROGS HAHAHAHA
NOTE: Body switch does not work on a transforming character (sorry that would be UBER cheap)

Thoughts anyone?

Best answers
Fully readable, well thought out...I like it on those grounds alone.

Personally I believe that the body switch would have to come when said target is already at 50% health or so, simply to encourage actual fighting instead of hiding then zapping some one with it.

I'd personally go for the 1st version, as being "frozen" then taken over would suck largely if I were out of Ki from another fight.

Best answers
I voted for the second option, it's really a good idea. One thing: I find it weird that everyone has an extra "Throw Frog" attack.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what about when someone get's in the beam's way, the boddy will change in that boddy.(i just see it now, a strong vegeta get's attacked and then a weak gohan catched the beam =p)

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Ginyus won't use the body swap all the time make it so in the enemy body when they get more pl the other person gets it when they return to their body (die or switch back).

Best answers
The_Taco_Man said:
Secondary Fire makes ginyu punch himself in the gut doing 10 damage to himself
I don't understand how that would be useful? I do think the body change attack should deal him 10 or 20 damage everytime he uses it though.

Best answers
It wouldn't really follow the dbz shows if Ginyu could use the transformations of the guy he switches with becasue when he switched with goku he didn't know how to go kio-ken(sorry dun know how to spell it). he might of, I didn't see the episode but anyway besides that adding ginyu is an awsome Idea good job.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gingyu didn't use the attack's of goku but uses his attach's, in-game balance it a bit that way so he doesn't have instand ff with 100.000.000pl, makes it more fair^_^.

Best answers
Body Change should not work on Transformed characters, and not allow him to transform. If he couldn't use the kaioken, I doubt he knows how to go SSJ. And he wouldn't know how to concentrate to keep up the SSJ-ness if he Body Changed with them. So, if he hit a Transformed character, they should go back to normal. Unless it's a perma-form like Cell or Krillin, because those aren't things they have to concentrate on, it's just their normal body, more powerful.

Best answers
I agree that he shouldn't be able to traansform at all. He would already have a fairly large advantage. I also like the 50% health thing.

The reason he can punch himself in the stomach is so that his opponent, when he switches with them, won't have his full health. Instead, they get his self beaten body and he gets fresh meat.

Best answers
I agree that he shouldn't be able to traansform at all. He would already have a fairly large advantage. I also like the 50% health thing.

The reason he can punch himself in the stomach is so that his opponent, when he switches with them, won't have his full health. Instead, they get his self beaten body and he gets fresh meat.

Best answers
when he switches i agree that he cant transform because then a he could just find someone transing and switch thus adding another aspect to trans killing/switching

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he sain this attack would be usseless on someone transing
i like the first idea

Best answers
niobe said:
what about when someone get's in the beam's way, the boddy will change in that boddy.(i just see it now, a strong vegeta get's attacked and then a weak gohan catched the beam =p)
i said that already :S . Although you're oppoent having to have 50% would kninda defeat the purpose of doing the switch, cause then you would get less health

Best answers
i want ginyu in there as there are more good guys as evil guys. and he could just hav a power up transforming (u kno, as Captain ginyu in ginyus body) like picolo. nothin special.

Best answers
i like option 2, but no frog, and the 'keep cursor on him entire time' thing would be damn near impossible... hmm just a thought how bout being able to charge it after being smashed into the ground.. like while you're laying there.. he did in the show right :p .. well sry my thoughts are scattered and not fully thought out im tired right now

Best answers
You know, i think it would work pretty well as a "special combo".
Ginyu was known to use body change at close range, BUT if it's made a long ranged attack it becomes a camping laming Ginyu game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Recoome Eraser Gun: (This is from supersonic warriros, i liked the idea), ginyu "Teleports" away and recoom teleports in his place (same stats as ginyu has), fires the eraser gun, and teleports away after it hits/explodes and ginyu comes back
Jeice Crusher Ball: Same as the eraser gun, but jeice zaps in and does his crusher ball

that doesnt make any sence at all. why have other people teleporting in to perform an attack?

it´s just.. erm wrong..

why not have gohan have the same. goku teleports in and auto nukes the other person..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom