the after image idea

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
some peuple will probably remember this 1 but the anwser was never given

the teleport leavs an afterimage well how about mahing a trigger for the after image that disapears after 1-2 seconds wich would make the player punch some air (me points to the fight Cell VS Goku) ofcourse this would nead another animation but since its only 1 there shouldn't be a big problem

short overloock whit example (players A and B):
- A swoops at B
B teleports leaving an afterimage
- A dosent notice that B teleported
- A swings throo the afterimage stoping the swoopwhit absolutley no stun time (defensive reasons)
- B attacks A
- A can try to swoop or teleport away before B attacks (possible thanks to no stun time)
- the afterimage should be only attackable 1/3 of its show time dont know how much that is but if you can see the after image for 3 sec. the he trigger would be activateable 1 sec. (optional)
- teleport should take a bit more ki than now to prevent spaming

this would bring the game closer to the show so tell me what you think
(and dont hold back on your coments) ;D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i understand what you mean. but as of now. the after image is very confusing. back in 1.1. when someone teleported you could tell where they teleported because there was no after image. it was just a bunch of silver dots. so you could easily tell apart the teleport from the teleportee. now you cant tell where they teleported. making this rely on your scouter (at least for me) or if your screen resolution is high enough then you can see where.

my point im trying to get at is if they made it your way., say goku's after image wouldn't be transparent so you would say oh look there he is swooping right through him.

the flaw in this is it gives the teleportee too much time to be able to counter. as of now i think they get enough time to counter.

as of now a non transed player can teleport 6 times with full ki., and 12 times transed with full ki. if you lowered that it would make it more difficult to get away. if your going to make the teleport take up more ki. make the teleport farther.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
the flaw in this is it gives the teleportee too much time to be able to counter. as of now i think they get enough time to counter.
if your going to make the teleport take up more ki. make the teleport farther.
1.) thats why i said no stun time you can moove as soon as you stopped making a swoop or a teleport

2.) why not i dont accualy care to much if the player can teleport 1 inch or 1 mile the idea whit the biger ki usage was only to prevent big spaming

besides it dosent change the teleport to much it just gives the guy who teleported a better chance to strike back but it has to be timed perfect cause when the attacher stops at the after image he can reswoop instantly the stun time would be his reflexes

PS. there arnt a lot of peuple who attack you head on the first time anyways the moast i've meat do a tele hit or a chainswoop from the side

and thanks for the crits

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
1.) thats why i said no stun time you can moove as soon as you stopped making a swoop or a teleport

2.) why not i dont accualy care to much if the player can teleport 1 inch or 1 mile the idea whit the biger ki usage was only to prevent big spaming

besides it dosent change the teleport to much it just gives the guy who teleported a better chance to strike back but it has to be timed perfect cause when the attacher stops at the after image he can reswoop instantly the stun time would be his reflexes

PS. there arnt a lot of peuple who attack you head on the first time anyways the moast i've meat do a tele hit or a chainswoop from the side

and thanks for the crits
erm for the first part. doesnt that just make the flaw in your idea even worse? or maybe i read it wrong. im not quite understanding that part i guess. maybe give me an idea.

also if they teleported 1 inch of course your still going to hit them. and if they teleported 1 mile or course your going to loose ki before you reach him.

it has to balance out. if the teleport doesnt go far then not a lot of ki should be taken away. but if they do go far then more ki should be taken away.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
also if they teleported 1 inch of course your still going to hit them. and if they teleported 1 mile or course your going to loose ki before you reach him.

it has to balance out. if the teleport doesnt go far then not a lot of ki should be taken away. but if they do go far then more ki should be taken away.
good point i never thought of it like that

Fire Phoenix said:
my point im trying to get at is if they made it your way., say goku's after image wouldn't be transparent so you would say oh look there he is swooping right through him.

well the image wouldnt have to be changed it would still be as transparent as now so it wouldnt be difrent than it is now

about the flaw you mentiond the teleportee would still have the default teleport stun time (if there is aney) the swooper that punches the afterimage wouldnt have it so he could run away and counter the teleportees counter

i hope i helped you understand

P.S. please guys post in here i dont want this thread to end as a conversation betwean Fire Phoenix and me

Best answers
Uh, the current **** is perfect. In 1.3 I would imagine the tele after image would be less and less visable with transformations until there would be little or no after image. Just as in the show.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
still i think to have this in would be cooljust imagine 2 guys fighting 1 teles away and the other hits the after immage and then quickley teles away cause the first is already swooping twards him so the first hits the afterimage and then the second hits the first guy cause he didnt relise his mistake

and it could be implanted easier than a new beam cause it is only 1 trigger 1 animation and a lot less code + it would bring the game closer to the anime

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in the show there is almost no after image efect but stripes.(or is that bin said already o_o )
i can make them but i wont, let's torter them =p

Best answers
Actually niobe. There were lots of after images. But the faster DBZ got the less images u see. Example... in the buu saga, u'd see buu gettin pummeled in the stomach and you wouldn't see anyone. Just the indentations of a fist.

But earlier on... you would see a person teleport (usually goku) and leave images behind him. Confusing people. (altho this is mostly in DB not dbz... but db is a respected prelude)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well ESF goes from the start of DBZ and there were after images and since they are the new teleport sprites why not make em more than just eyecandy it would give an extra advantage to the melee battles cause right now the only dissadvantage in melee there is is the random arrow
if this gets in youll have to be carefull cause the mistake will be your own and you will suffer the conciquences (i hope i speld it right :D) and you will if you dont get the hell out of the way :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It will just be boring IMO. Chasing someone that tele charge tele charge will make 1.3 boring compared to 1.2 almost as much as 1.2 is boring compared to 1.1

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personaly i swoop more than teleport :D and i like 1.2 more than 1.1

but the gameplay wouldnt be changed so dramaticly
this idea would even be helpful for your problem Orbit since wou would stop at the afterimage and change direction instantly (or as fast as you can react to that)

Best answers
Grega said:
- teleport should take a bit more ki than now to prevent spaming

this would bring the game closer to the show so tell me what you think
(and dont hold back on your coments) ;D
fine, then

everything is ok exept the quated line

its already preventing spamming good enough

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer