IDEA!!!!!!..please look

Best answers
Hey Look at The immage..and tell me if it would be better like that(after)..then (before).. :devgrin:

Best answers
uh what is that?

Two mushrooms acting like mountain goats?

Before is fine, and probably will stay that way since its only Half life.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand what you mean, but it's a lot of extra sprites that I think would be unecessary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:|~

try to read teh rules before, this is in the wrong section, the mods will move it so dont remake, second is that you should really upload jpg's instead of bmps, 56k'ers will blow up :O

now onto your pic.. well, your not showing much, apart from a few flashy effects you want, all not possible on the hl1 engine unless the team manage to pull out alot of time coding it all in >_>

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
um......... What are you trying to say? Are you suggesting that the beams in a power struggle should have sparks and stuff in the game? You aren't to clear in your post what you are trying to say. Well, if thats what you are suggesting, then no, fps would drop and it isnt necessary, and it wouldnt look as good as it does now, it would make powerstruggles look messy.

Best answers
ya i know it would be really hard..>_<..but it still bould be better if like sparks and flashing llight surrounds the person/beam while power struggling..it would be better >_<...but i understand it would be hard..its no problem..it would be nice though..:p

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wouldnt be hard at all. Its just unecessary like Howarang said. I think Pcjoe or harsens were thinking of implementing some kind of particle system when firing a beam and the impact of 2 beams.

Best answers
Powerstruggles are cool and don't happen that often, but there should only be big fireworks with big beams, so yes, big powerstruggles could be somewhat more flashy to me....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt see 2 mushrooms when i saw that pic O_O. I like ps's the way they are now.

Best answers
It would be nothing more than useless eye candy, and would do nothing to improve the game.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to suggestions.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Majin Prince said:
It wouldnt hurt either...
Wrong, it might hurt performance in online games

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Adding flashy effects to power struggles wouldn't be too hard to do, but they should be controlled by the client, so lower-end systems can turn it off if it lags their systems.

Best answers
Krazy-Killa said:
Adding flashy effects to power struggles wouldn't be too hard to do, but they should be controlled by the client, so lower-end systems can turn it off if it lags their systems.
that would be ok personally i wouldnt mind some eye candy even tho it might be pointless ;/

Best answers
i dont think it would be pointless..i think it would be fun..well...maby they can cre8 a sprite that makes all those sparks and electricity and stuff..dont yall aggree? :smile: :] :devgrin: :yes:

Best answers
i think they should add particles like in the spirit bomb , but in the color of the beam , though its pointless , its more dbz like

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think that that idea must not get on the head of the beam but around the char, so you've somekind of back devends.
just like cell did agains picollo, tien, krillin and yancha, than you dont die becours someone beam's you in an beam struggle.
just an idea that popped in my head^_^

Best answers
i hav never bin in a powerstruggle, i like to use melee and lasers, but i do use beams a fair amount. i just am neva in a ps, so wouldn't change anything for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom