Beam Spamming (I think i've got it)

Best answers
Include a maximum counter for how many times a signature beam has been used. For example I fire Final Flash the counter goes up +1 and the counter would show (1/X) X being the max # (would depend on type of beam). If someone hit the max # of beams they could fire. It would take a certain amount of time for the counter to go back -1 so they could use it again (say 30 secs or a min).

Another idea being that every time someone uses a signature beam the speed of the beam is reduced so you have time to try to counter. Or the speed of the beam could be determined by the person's relative PL.

Just a thought :/

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a suggestion mm? Moved.

Best answers
Your first idea seems, eh. What if youre an all out average player and you use both, and then someone attacks you but youve used up the max of beams (not by spamming) and then youre screwed? Personally I always thought that a beams strength speed and size should be decided by PL, but oh well. (I like your 2nd idea better)

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I actually like these ideas. Reduces on the amount of strong attacks users can use during a game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The second idea isn't bad, and it could be done pretty easily, if the coders wanted to do it.
I don't like the first idea though. Not because I don't agree beams could be changed a bit to reduce these problems, but because it doesn't fit into the game, or even the theme of the game, at all. Having a big counter on the screen that counts every attack you make sounds more like a debug feature than something that should be implemented into the game. It's awkward and out of place.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps the counter wouldn't be shown. It could be something like the fps graph. Its there, but if you wanna see it you need to input the cvar.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It being visible is not the only problem.
If it's to be done, it should be integrated into the game without feeling awkward, similar to how his second suggestion was.

Best answers
Another idea have a bar like the CF bar and you can only use signature beams when it is full when you use one it drains to 0 and gradually fills up again. Or maybe it fills up when you do attacks other than sigature beams like a super bar in a fighting game, lol.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. As long as the counter keeps dropping back to zero over time, maybe at variable speeds depending on what number it is (for example, the counter would drop from +2 to +1 faster than it would from +5 to +4 to make it less desireable to spam all at once).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom