Something from afar.

Best answers
Hello,

I'm Jeff from the Bid For Power forum team. Our project has been finished for quite some time and it's popularity has dwindled; but, I am not here to be a put down but rather compliment you on your work. I'm not a big DBZ fan but I am a lover of modding and the such and from what I have seen of your work this is turning out to be a wonderful game and I encourage you to continue.

These forums remind me of back in the day when BFP has 300-400 users on at any given time... man were those the days. It shows that even though BFP one of the biggest DBZ mods is now dead there is still alot of hope for other people to continue on the concept and keep giving people the fruits of such hard labor. Seeing this really brought a smile to my face knowing that our dream of something fun like this bringing people alot of fun and joy to people isn't dead but being continued in the hands of another competent team of coders, skiners, and modelers.

Thanks for making my day.

Sincerely,
Jeff.

Best answers
This isnt to you or anything... Bid For Power like....REALLY sucked.

Best answers
XsilentlyXdiesX said:
This isnt to you or anything... Bid For Power like....REALLY sucked.
I wasn't one of the coders myself. I was just the forum staff. I whole heartdly agree that the game was handled very poorly in the beggining with a lack of Beta's and the such, so there was very little user input.

My only comment is thanking this team for their effort. :3

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maturity people . . .

Thank you for expressing your gratitude with ESF's work, I'm sure the team appreciates your efforts.

That being said, the next person to flame another mod will fall victim to my bansaber, even if that mod is dead.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotta love the team for their hard work. Still, I can't help but remember the days when I first got into BFP.. it was the first DBZ mod that I ever played, and it was pretty sweet.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
Maturity people . . .

Thank you for expressing your gratitude with ESF's work, I'm sure the team appreciates your efforts.

That being said, the next person to flame another mod will fall victim to my bansaber, even if that mod is dead.
Eh I didnt flame, he agreed with me so I just expressed the truth. I was gunna say thank you for the compliment but eh where was the fun in that.

But Thanks, people at ESF try to keep this forum and game under control and do a good job id say.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember following BFP for the longest time, but got bored before a release ever existed...

Then I saw hope, and it's name was, ESF =D

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
At first BFP was fun. It started to get boring with it's lack of beam physics, and poor melee system attempts. All-in-all, BFP was a 5 rating game (Out of 10). ESF ofcourse I give a 7 rating (Out of 10), mainly because it's still in it's beta stages, and it's still under development, but by the time it reaches it's final release, it'll be up in the 8 if not 9 rating area.

Good job, ESF team. Keep up the good work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YBid For Power was one of my First DBZ mods too, and it was lots of fun how it came out but with the Time it was just getting boring(not flaming).
I always liked the Size of the Maps and the Loads of chars too, so thx for the time you spend for that Mod.

Best answers
Yeah, when ESF still sucked (like pre alpha stages, no models etc.) BFP already had a really nice game going on, I played it alot. Unfortunatly they ran into legal problems and had to erase all the Dragonball Z ****, I wonder why they were having legility problems and ESF hasn't...

Best answers
@SCI - because esf is so awesome I bet them funimation people play it too :p

Anyway, Im not on the team or whatever, but I still think it was very nice of you to say that. So big ups for you, big ups for the esf team, and big ups for us fans.

Best answers
Heh BFP was nice , like the hl engine , the quake3 engine is pretty cool , im sure that if they would keep developing it till today it would be a top quake 3 dbz mod , and its pretty cool that esf is alive , even tough this engine is like 6 years old , its nice to see people showing their appretiation , the esf team deserves it , they did a great job and they keep doing a great job , kudos esf team :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i play bfp from the day's that rc2 was just released, and i still play it.(1.2 then)
for the melee and beam's isn't so mutch to do but the rest is on my opinion way better that any other dbz game^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started on DMZ. So I wasn't as fortunate as the rest of you. I didn't find BFP for a long time. By the time I did it was already on it's last legs. It was unfortunate. It seemed like it had potential.

However I agree with the guy who started this thread. Big Evil drops some big ups to the team. I showed the game to a friend of mine the other night and he wouldn't believe me that it was half-life.

It's still pretty much my favorite multiplayer game, next to UT4. Even if there is a lot of cheesing. Hehe.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The only reason BFP was having legal probs with Funimation, was because it was popular all over the world, and everyone knew about it. It appeared in magazines, news sites, and even on the web. So it wasn't hard to find by Funimation. Which kinda sucked though. :\

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BFP was the very first mod i've ever played, and it was hella fun. Untill the custom characters came in. That's when I started searching for more dbz mods, and I found ESF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom