A few questions

Best answers
I download the game before a week (great game!) and install it in the "won" way.
After reading the manual, I have some questions:

1) What is "won"?

2) In the filters menu I don't have 'esf' in 'are running game' (like in here), so I can only play against bots.

3) When I wanted t choose a map to play, I found the half-life maps (it's weird to play as a dbz character in half-life places), so I had to copy the maps of ESF to the Half-life maps.

4) What the dragon balls for?

5) I don't see any dragonballs in the game.

6) I can't use senzu beans.

7) I don't see the white thingy around the characters when I'm swooping like in this picture.

8)I don't see my character when I'm doing a prepunch and Adv. melee.

9) I don't see my enemy when I'm in throwing progress.

10) When someone is prepunch me, the screen is moving and shaking, and I don't see anything.

11) Sometimes (really often) I get the message "SV_RecursiveHullCheck: bad node number", and then the game closed.

Well, that's it.
Please answer me why all that happening to me.

Thank you

Best answers
I can answer a few of them, but I dont know all.

1) Im not sure what WON stands for, but just think of it as a way to play Half Life and its mods online (maybe some other games too, I dont know.) It shutting down though, so Id suggest getting Steam.
2+3) I think thats because your shortcut path isnt corrent. I think you need to add -console -game esf at the end of it. Dont quote me on that though.
4) in CTDB mode, you can collect all 7 dragon balls and then make a wish. You get to choose out of three wishes; a PL boost, and two others that I forgot and nobody cares about ^_^
5) In the new version, all of the maps dont have dragonball respawn points. In short, none of the maps are designed to have the dragonballs... so none of them do. I heard that in esf_riverside you can get em, but I havent checked it out.
7+8+9+10) Thats a problem within your computer, or just the games settings. Check out to see which mode youre running it in (itll be under video settings). I would suggest that you change it to OpenGL mode. If it is already on that, then I cant help you out. Sorry.
11) I have no idea what this means, but I think it might be happening due to WON shutting down (I dont know, I saw node in there, made me think of it.) Dont quote me on that though.

Welcome to the ESF community, and I congratulate you on finding the best HL mod out there :]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For questions 2 + 3: Right click on the ESF shortcut and then click on properties. In the Start In box, write C:\sierra\half-life (Your hl directory) and then click ok.

7,8,9 and 10 that's turbo, try activating your turbo button and then see if you can see it.
Also, do not run the game in software - it doesn't support it - try opengl or direct3d.

Best answers
Don't use normal half-life to play esf. Won is shutting down very soon. Copied this from my notepad for helping in this section :p

Do you know what steam is? It's t he future of half-life gaming, the closest thing I can relate it to is battlenet, but without the chatrooms and stuff...You can have a friends list and everything. Go to www.steampowered.com then Get Steam Now.

1) Install it
2) create your account with your hl/blueshift/cs/dod/what ever cd key
3) Go to the games list, double click on half-life - So that it installs it - then go into it.
4) You dont have to join a server or anything just go into it so it creates the HL folder. Now, go reinstall ESF, it will automatically install it to steam. (Unless you have both won AND steam, it will have a little box asking wich one you want to install to)
-Install to steam, won is going bye-bye by the end of the summer

Best answers
IsrAlien said:
4) in CTDB mode, you can collect all 7 dragon balls and then make a wish. You get to choose out of three wishes; a PL boost, and two others that I forgot and nobody cares about ^_^
This next sentence may be amazingly stupid, but
THERE ARE GAME MODES?
How do I choose the game mode?

BTW, thank you all for helping me, I really really REALLY like DBZ, and when I heard about this game and it's options, like the ascend (unlike in Bid for power, that it's automatically), and when I finally download it, all those problem arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom