Great game if...

Best answers
Hello esf comunity!! :D I just want to give my opinion of how to make this great game into a really really really great game. To me the best games that i spend more time playing are those who are "continualy" games (sorry the bad english). Like freelancer or americasarmy or muonline, the type of games that we are getting powerfull and more experienced, and never lose that things. For example: In freelancer we start with a small ship and we make money and buy new things new ships. If we disconnect and we reconnect later, we will start with the same things at the same position. If esf were like this, in the way that we didnt lose our PL (but that should grow very slowly) it would be the best game ever! Its just a suggestion, dont know if it can be made, but oh well.. people can dream! :)

Best answers
sorry the half-life engine doesn't support this. But if it did esf would rock so much

Best answers
Lots of the ideas has already been stated. Half life is a very limited engine. So most of us are happy with what we get.

However, Esf will change lots of goodies coming in the future so just sit back and enjoy :)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Taco, that is untrue. There used to be a mod I had for Half-Life that did support this. It was an MMORPG mod, for Half-Life, too bad it never got big...

That's besides the point, because ESF will never do ths.

Best answers
I believe that was called "Master-Sword" if I remember correctly. Very fun mod although small :p But hey, id play it again if it had people.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would require a huge server to store all the stats, plus it would be tottaly unfair for newbies. I have to admit, it would be kinda cool though.

Best answers
If PL grows up very slowly there would be always fair fights. For example: a player starting at 750.000 (goku), to reach 1.000.000 has to play a lot (big lot) of hours, so new people against people with a lot of hours will continue to have almost fair fights. Of course new people agaisnt people with a lot and a lot lot lot lot lot of hours, almost didnt had a chance. But hey! Thats dragonball! :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't require a huge server, it would just require one that didn't crash all the time. Either way, sorry, it wont happen for ESF... it's just too much. Someone with a majorly high power level would come into a server and destroy it or it would be hacked offline to add power to characters. It's been suggested a great number of times. It may even be in the already-suggested sticky in the suggestions forum. Well I was going to close this but instead I think I'll just move it to suggestions...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have maybe a way to make the pl grow happen.
when you fight you get pl but insted stoping to grow pl when you stop, the pl just go's a little higher and slowly stoppes.
that doesn't only make the trans durage shorter but also makes vegeta handy again.
you're welcome to balange it if it isn't balanced inough

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Wouldn't require a huge server, it would just require one that didn't crash all the time. Either way, sorry, it wont happen for ESF... it's just too much. Someone with a majorly high power level would come into a server and destroy it or it would be hacked offline to add power to characters. It's been suggested a great number of times. It may even be in the already-suggested sticky in the suggestions forum. Well I was going to close this but instead I think I'll just move it to suggestions...
sv_maxjoinpl "2,000,000". Newbie servers could have a Cvar like this preventing anyone with over 2 mil from joining. It could work and would be awesome if it did, but once again there are the few hackers that ruin it for everyonelse, but hey, you can always kick them right?

Best answers
I was just thinking...why dosn't the ESF TEAM make there own engine???
It would be more cool this way and they wouldn't have a limit of things...
I know it would take a very very long time but think of the results...

Best answers
ahh, but the problem with saving stats is people can play against bots all the time and allways be stronger than everyone esle. it would still be unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom