Problems im having with ESF 1.2.1

Best answers
Hey guys i dont know if i should be posting this here but as everyone looks at this section i thought i might as well.

I cant install the windows dedicated server it seems to be a problem with the installer, although im going to try installing it on another computer later tonight.

The Giant Forest Map has a major problem where if i look at one area my frame rate drops down to four frames per second i know of one other person who is having this problem so im wondering if it is a global problem.

Was TOM fixed as it doesnt seem to be i remember hearing about it being fixed but im not sure if it is or not.

Best answers
yeah when u look to the far side of the map , the fps drops dramaticly , and the ping rises , that's what happen at least when i opened a server , oh and when i was in adv.melee , it froze , i hope its just one time :( other then that everything looks fine
KAME TORPEDOS FOREVER MUWHWHA

Best answers
yeah i noticed that the map was a FPS killer and i won't be playing that map.i tried it in a lan game and the bugger made my ping go up to 45 from 0

Best answers
there are also not alot of servers who upgraded to 1.2.1 unfortunately... only laggy servers have upgraded :(

Best answers
That map constantly takes screenshots while you play in it. We still added it because:
- Zero suspects it to be a steam prob that might get fixed
- The map works fine in WON

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
won, what you mean that old dead system? ;o

Shouldnt care if it works on WON, WON is dead, only test and work for steam now people.

Best answers
Ok cool thanks for the answer I am looking at getting the ozforces servers upgraded but it will take a few days.

Best answers
Hi i just downloaded the patch and the server, (1.2.1)
But when i want to play online it says that i have an old version of it, what can i do? :S

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
harSens said:
That map constantly takes screenshots while you play in it. We still added it because:
- Zero suspects it to be a steam prob that might get fixed
- The map works fine in WON
No, it doesn't. It lags my ass off in won. And with my specs, it shouldn't.

Best answers
If you check your ESF folder you will see a whole heap of screen shots and that the lag is steam constantly taking these screen shots. So either way its a problem

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like everything is working against us, since we definatly dont have any function in the SDK to make screenshots :-/
woo, great day -_-

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
After 1 hour playing that map I had like 500 mb of screenshots in my ESF map. :/

Maybe post it on the mainpage not to play ESF_giant_forrest :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Looks like everything is working against us, since we definatly dont have any function in the SDK to make screenshots :-/
woo, great day -_-
Cheer up, overall you guys did a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom