Pi$$ed Off

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God dammit! Why did you guys have to make the patch delete the old v1.1 maps?! At least when the v1.2 install did it I had backups but nooo just go and fuxing delete them >=/

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, nretep makes the installers, ask him about it -_-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not again! more mistakes! =P

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt it. It usually takes roughly a year to release another version. Which is nothing considering the other mods Ive seen take longer.

Best answers
hmmm , if 1.2 was released in may , u got till may of next year at least , bleh , maybe if they will only add transformations , it should take less time since its just new models + sounds and animations , instead of doing a melee system or something
i dont know tough , i'll be sad if it will take a year

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
God dammit! Why did you guys have to make the patch delete the old v1.1 maps?! At least when the v1.2 install did it I had backups but nooo just go and fuxing delete them >=/
I was told to delete them in B1.2 ... Anyone said they won't work in B1.2 and they need to be killed by the installer

I don't think they'll work in B1.2.1 if they don't work in B1.2 either ... so I kept the few lines which deleted the maps (and a few more things)

Best answers
I Hope it doesn't take so long...

By that time we will have Half-Life 2. (But i hope by that time the people doesn't stop playing ESF.)

dor

Best answers
just start half life custum game esf
and you can play the old map
sry for my english... :p

Best answers
Nretep said:
I don't think they'll work in B1.2.1 if they don't work in B1.2 either ... so I kept the few lines which deleted the maps (and a few more things)
Actually they did work for me, no problems what so ever. I still miss esf_cell_night, twas a great map

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you really miss it that badly, you can download beta 1.1 from esf-world. Install into some random directory.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Nretep said:
I was told to delete them in B1.2 ... Anyone said they won't work in B1.2 and they need to be killed by the installer

they still work in 1.2, nothing really has changed on the fgd exept the hitboxes for the models. ill might put up an 1.1b mappack on esf-world soon.. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well anyways, I luckily found them in my ancient ass WON half-life folder.

Also, DJ, it would be cool if you kinda re-did the ESF v1.1 maps ^_^ -- Like, make them almost exactly the same shape but higher quality...more pleasing to the eye.

Best answers
and more fitting to 1.2 - like in the esf-guru map - I still have it
I know esf1.2 does have it, so I wont ask them to remake it

Im just pointing to a bug it has in 1.2 - with the trees - the models a lil too high and stuff

other maps has that bug - cause they are a lil too old
so if a map pack will be made to fix maps and stuff - dont forget this one as well!

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
was that first person melee a 1st of april joke?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<-kingvegeta-> said:
was that first person melee a 1st of april joke?
No....I don't think it was.

Now that this has been addressed -> please bear in mind that the thread isn't called "What I don't/do like about 1.2.1". This thread is, to my knowledge, about not including the 1.0/1.1 maps with 1.2.1. Try to stick to that topic. There are plently of other threads out there for you to voice your other 1.2.1 concerns in.

Best answers
Majin Prince said:
I doubt it. It usually takes roughly a year to release another version. Which is nothing considering the other mods Ive seen take longer.
DMZ has been in production for almost 3 years now. At least what they call production, which isn't really doing anything.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would be nice if esf cellday and guru were remade and offically released with 1.3. Sure you can go download the maps, but then you can only play on your own server with bots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom