Last try hehe

Best answers

i dont know what i should put on it (what to write on it)
and wich colour / font i should use for it..

and... what could i improve on it ?

and here another one.. using brushes

on this one i would like some C&C and tips to improve

ill just throw in my second brushed image since no one has replied yet :)

i personally like the second one better because the first one has the numbers on it hehe :laff:

Best answers
just a lil bit of advice, the mods will eat your for double posting.

You are getting better, the first one looks pretty good actually. also always add a 1 pixel black boarder around your sigs, it makes them look that little bit better

Best answers
I really dont like the 2nd and 3rd ones, theyre just not my style... but I do like the 1st. But, what exactly did you make? and could you show us the stocks you used?

Best answers
sorry for the double post.. i was just eagered to get some tips hehe :)

btw
the first one .. it's raziel .
you know from the soul reaver series and the new legacy of kain - defiance.
he "lives" in some kind of spiritual world. so thats why the background
it looks alot like in the game
i dont have the stocks anymore.. the big image is from the official legacy of kain - defiance website. and the other one on the right is a google image hehe. o_o

but on the first i still need to add that little something that makes it look good.

and thanks for the tip of the border. i know i should add borders but yea... i forgot

so uhm... any ideas what i can put on the first sig ?
and ill add a border on them all :)

Best answers
I think it'd be a good bet to add some colour to the background. I made a Raziel sig a while ago and it just didn't work, the theme was off without blue to match his skin tone. I don't mean a bright blue, but a subtle hint, maybe something as simple as a light grey/blue and a pale blue clouds render would do the trick. Good luck.

Best answers
i dont really understand what you are saying... i DID add a color to the background... right? or do you mean i should add a new layer with some light/pale blue clouds as a background?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that first one looks really nice, meh thinks my advice worked a bit =P nice job on it,
the second one is ok i guess, but i dont really find those colors matching
the last one has to much pixel on it i dont find that lookin so nice

anyway i can see that you didnt use gaussian blur which acctually can give a really nice effect (try using ur sigs for this one)

Merge all layers together
go to filter > blur(or sumthing, since i have the dutch version) > gaussian blur
set it on 2,5 or 3
then go to edit > fade guassian blur
set it on 100% (or lower, if u dont want the effect seen to much)
mess around with the blending settings, i most of the times use lighten, or linear burn, color burn, linear dodge or color dodge

just mess arround with all those settings, sometimes u can even try to combine 2 different sigs and make a new nice one with blending modes =D

(like mine, these are 3 different sigs in eachother, doesnt look TOO nice, but i like it =P)

**edit**

for ur first raziel sig, try using Color burn for a very dark mystirious sig, or try lighten for a lighter more fairy like sig >.<

Best answers
@ mystic shadow
yes i read about the blur thingie but i had already made these sigs when i read that
so ill try that out abit on newer sigs.

@ lid
very cool .. very cool ^^

Best answers
im gonna go against the grain...honestly i liked the first one...but it just seemed like the foreground image should have been put in the bg...and the right image should be the brighter one...dunno thats just me tho

the 2nd one was the one i liked...it is more abstract...the colors dont have to match to work imo...i guess people see things differently...i think it all blends together nicely and stands out against the same mono-colored overused sigs i see here...looks like some celestial body you'd see in a random part of the universe...gj

the last sig is good...but it just seems so empty...no focus point...its just, there...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@lid if u really want to make it better, make it go slower and try it on this sig much more cooler would it look

@Gazeebo, what do u mean? u can also just do it on normal jpeg files >.< u dont need the psd for it o_O

Best answers
no... it doesnt work when i try but i guess im just doing something wrong hehe.

btw @ Pariah... what you do you mean with grain lol. i didnt use any grain on the first one ( raziel )
the background is a render i made with bryce 5

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
may i ask why u did that? X-x

@Gazeebo, well there is another way to do that gassiaun blur thingy its a bit longer or i thhink it is X-x

Make a layer
place the pic that needs a gaussian blur on top of that layer
duplicate the layer
filter>blur>gaussian blur (at 3,0, 2,5, whatever u want)
then go to ur layers thingy and change ur blending mode untill u find something u like
(i mean this with layers thingy)

ctrl + e to put everything together (not needed tho)

Scourge

S
uh i was trying to show him another affect but i guess i forgot to post it LOL

but its exactly like what you said, but i used overlay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom