'struggles

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think the balls should have struggles between themselves. Two generic balls colliding will have generally similar powerlevels and float along slowly until they hit something, on big maps this is a pain, theres nobody 'pushing' them so why should they struggle?

I think they should explode :devgrin:

Beam vs Beam = Current beamstruggles (only have the beams fly straight and not off to the side)
Beam vs Ball = As current, the beam guy is rooted to the spot, the ball guy can fly around or fire another ball into the struggle etc
Ball vs Ball = Explosion, the size of which would be the same as the combined explosions of the balls individually.
Blockstruggles = As current

Best answers
but i like making huge loads of spirit bombs with my bro then when someone jouns i hit it with a fully charged kamehameha to send it flying to the player

lost of fun!!!

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Even though having acouple of ball attacks struggle each other is quite fun, it gets annoying. Mainly because they are slow moving until another ball or beam hits it to cause it to fly in the direction the last ball was going. Having them explode would be suffice, or let them struggle, then after a preset time, detonate no matter how fast, or slow they are moving.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let them struggle, then after a preset time, detonate no matter how fast, or slow they are moving
Sounds good, i've been watching quite a few of the episodes from the Buu sagas recently and it seems the ball struggles have completley random results, rarely they struggle, sometimes they fly off and explode (or spiral into the background and light up the horizon) and sometimes they explode straight off, perhaps random ball struggle results for ESF?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Sounds good, i've been watching quite a few of the episodes from the Buu sagas recently and it seems the ball struggles have completley random results, rarely they struggle, sometimes they fly off and explode (or spiral into the background and light up the horizon) and sometimes they explode straight off, perhaps random ball struggle results for ESF?
That could work. Randomness is always fun! :D Or have it so each attack does something different when a specific attack hits it. Here is what I came up with for each ball attack that I know of in ESF. Beware, it's a long list.
  • Big Bang Attack
    • Another BBA
      • Both collide, struggle for alittle, then explode.
    • Finishing Buster
      • Both Attacks explode upon contact
    • Spirit Bomb
      • Absorbs BBA, but the direction it was heading is offseted
    • DeathBall
      • Same as above.
    • Generic Ball
      • If Generic Ball is able to struggle it, it should cause the BBA to offset it's direction, so instead of it going in the attackers direction, it'll go maybe in a random 25-45° cone influence.
  • Generic Ball
    • Another Generic Ball
      • Explodes on contact
    • Big Bang Attack
      • See Big Bang vs Generic Ball.
    • Finishing Buster
      • If strong enough, struggles the FB, but if the FB is winning, it's current direction is offseted.
    • Death Ball
      • Absorbs generic ball, but it's current direction is offseted, by a extreme small amount (Probably not noticable).
    • Spirit Bomb
      • Absorbs generic ball, but it's current direction is offseted, by a extreme small amount (Probably not noticable).
  • Spirit Bomb
    • Another Spirit Bomb
      • Both struggle for a set amount of time, then combine into one, but then becomes unstable and explodes.
    • Big Bang Attack
      • See Big Bang Attack vs Spirit Bomb
    • Generic Ball
      • See Generic Ball vs Spirit Bomb
    • Finishing Buster
      • Absorbs FB (If not strong enough), but it's current direction is offseted, by a extreme small amount (Probably not noticable). If strong enough, both struggle, then explode a short time later.
    • Death Ball
      • Both struggle, then absorb each other into one, then explodes.
  • Death Ball
    • Another DB
      • Both struggle for a set amount of time, then combine into one, but then becomes unstable and explodes.
    • Big Bang Attack
      • See Big Bang Attack vs Death Ball
    • Spirit Bomb
      • See Spirit Bomb vs Death Ball
    • Generic Ball
      • See Generic Ball vs Death Ball
    • Finishing Buster
      • See Spirit Bomb vs Finishing Buster
  • Finishing Buster
    • Another FB
      • See Big Bang Attack vs Self
    • Spirit Bomb
      • See Spirit Bomb vs Finishing Buster
    • Death Ball
      • See Death Ball vs Finishing Buster
    • Generic Ball
      • See Generic Ball vs Finishing Buster
    • Big Bang Attack
      • See Big Bang Attack vs Finishing Buster
Like I said, long list. But it tells you what each attack should do when another specific attack strikes it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good ideas, especially like the idea of two balls combining then exploding, sometimes if a move is too powerful to struggle it just dissappears and the other ball keeps going right through, e.g Deathball vs Generic Ball.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great ideas :yes: How do you always come up with such great ideas? Btw I like randomness 2 ::))

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, the little spirit bomb is wearer that the bba so i think that the bba neads to push the little sb away easely.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they did encorporate this then it would probably be a fixed thing for all attacks based on power rather than per each individual move against each and every other individual move, but that would still be cool because you wouldn't get the bizzarre 'nobodies-pushing-but-you're-struggling-anyway' effect between balls.

(P.S well done on 700 posts Niobe ;))

Best answers
My favorate suggestion out of all of these is the bit where the beams don't roam around durring powerstruggles. There should be a flash, and the beams should straighten out and look as they would on the show... like a tug of war. the multi Power struggle bit doesn't really need to be possible.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Leave the balls alone. I throw people into them.

Best answers
i must say, it's quite fun having a ton of spirit bombs floating around, and then doing melee and throwing ppl into the spirit bombs!

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Leave the balls alone. I throw people into them.
yeah its fun when you hit or throw someone into them...its also funny when you get bored and fly directly into them blowing up everyone in the area.....always funny hearing people going "WTF HAPPNED!!!"

anyway i like the way they go now just too much fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom