Is it just me...

Best answers
or are the diamonds above people's heads gone? I am having an extremely hard time finding players, yet alone keeping track of them while i'm swooping. I see a red dot on my scouter and it takes me about 10 seconds to find them, unless they power up, swoop, or do something that calls attention to themselves. I didn not see in the patch notes that the diamonds were removed, and no one else seems to be having this problem.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not positive... but the red and green diamonds are only there for team mode. So, you can tell who is evil or good...

and there is no diamonds on freeforall/deathmatch mode.

Best answers
and in the options you can turn the diamonds over peoples heads on and off that might be the problem

Best answers
I know for sure that before 1.2.1, in deathmatch mode there was a red diamond over everyones head.

Im heading into options right now to check.

EDIT: Yes, I checked options a sure enough there was an option for "drawing diamonds over players heads" and it was unchecked, must've been disabled in the new patch, thats for the help.

You can close this thread now.

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
I'm not positive... but the red and green diamonds are only there for team mode. So, you can tell who is evil or good...

and there is no diamonds on freeforall/deathmatch mode.
Not exactly good and evil. Red just means enemy and green just means friend in team mode. You could be evil but your team will still appear green.
Simplified Version:
Team Mode with Diamonds? Just attack Red. :devgrin:

Best answers
final answer to this thread's question:

your diamonds are lost due to a cvar set off... ask a moderator to tell you
or just try all the letters in steam console till it shows you something about it

the name is really easy to figure out that its connected to that...

anyways its just a cvar, set it on and its alright again

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You probably joined Mr. Satan's server, which changes your configuration without your Permission, permanently turning off diamonds. It is easily correctable, though. There's an option added in your config file, with the word 'diamonds' in it. Look for it.

Best answers
SailorAlea, your right. I figured it out last night. Everytime i join Mr. Satan's server the diamonds turn off. Grr, he needs to atleast add a warning to his server message...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom