Errr nowhere to play this game??

Best answers
This is getting annoying.....

When i want to play i only see servers made by people who play on them.
No more dedicated servers like before, i think thats because of the crashing?

The problems i face when playing on servers where the admin plays is that he will kick me 90% of the time because he is nooby and doesnt like to get his ass kicked. Sometimes they put a super bot in idleing to get a 20 million pl and then fight people. :S
Lag most of the time is terrible(huge ping jumps) because people dont seem to understand they cannot host for 16 people, or it will completly crash after a few minutes.

I tryed to make my own server but it keeps crashing randomly after some time.
Before the patch this never happend.

Before i used to play almost everyday some hours and have fun.

Now i cant seem to play anywhere or only a few minuted before getting kicked or server crashes. Still it seems the ESF community grows, but we really need more DEDICATED SERVERS which do not crash. :\

For me this game seem to die slowly....... :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what do you want from the team? your not talking to a million dollar company here, just people like you and I who got together and dedicated their spare time on something, if theres problems explain them but not like "I snap you get it done".

Besides they cant do a thing about players in servers, just the game

Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
what do you want from the team? your not talking to a million dollar company here, just people like you and I who got together and dedicated their spare time on something, if theres problems explain them but not like "I snap you get it done".

Besides they cant do a thing about players in servers, just the game
This was not even directed to the esf team but in general. :tired:

But it would be nice if they could explain the randomly crashing and this happens to a lot of people, before the patch this never happend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dedicated servers cost money, lots, its nothing somone that likes to play would really do unless there rich and have 2+ computers. or a good computer to run it off and not touch that computer

Best answers
Before the patch there were 2-3 dedicated server from Corona Bytes and Harsens server. I played on them most of the time.

Almost on the same day of the patch these dedicated server upgraded to the latest version. I played on them and all they did was crashing after a few minutes and then restarted so it became pointless to play on them.

Now i dont see them at all anymore, before the patch those server were up almost 24/7

This is a little sad. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i understand all that, but like all others, there having crashes, so where more dedicated servers or not they are gonna crash, the team just needs time to fix problems, but bugs will never be gone, every game has em.

Best answers
I dont mind little bugs so much but the randomly crashing of servers affects the game big time.

I know they put much work into the patch and i do appreciate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if everyone wasnt so rushy about getting the patchh, the team probably would have taken ALOT more time to take their time and fix these mayjor problems.

I blame the esf community, not the team..

Discord Member
Best answers
hey also it was a quick patch.not everything is fixed,so we should wait til the next version of this patch ist out,or was this the final patch.sometimes it crashes,but hey then i create a new one,it doesnt bother me.on other servers i didnt experienced this problem.and still i can play with a ping from 140 or so.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omni said:
This was not even directed to the esf team but in general. :tired:

But it would be nice if they could explain the randomly crashing and this happens to a lot of people, before the patch this never happend.
What do you want us to explain? It's doing just that, randomly crashing. Random crashing = we have no clue what peice of code causes it. It's like someone saying there's a spelling error in your 15,235 page book, but not telling you what section, let alone the page.
I think HarSens might have found the offending code though (atleast the general area)... He tried removing the bot source and hosting a dedicated server, it seemed to stop the random crashing. Rather odd since you dont need bots on the server for it to crash, but we've had weirder crashing bugs... Like the time when it was crashing on the MP3-list parsing code because the server name the player joined was longer then 32 characters.
Anyways, atm Rick is trying to find what the problem is. If we fix this bug there's a high probability that we'll be releasing a small 1.2.2 patch ( code only ).

Best answers
Is it just me or is this PcJoe guy gettin secksi-er and secksi-er? :D :D :D

Well good luck esfTeam =-o

Best answers
Omni said:
This is getting annoying.....

When i want to play i only see servers made by people who play on them.
No more dedicated servers like before, i think thats because of the crashing?

The problems i face when playing on servers where the admin plays is that he will kick me 90% of the time because he is nooby and doesnt like to get his ass kicked. Sometimes they put a super bot in idleing to get a 20 million pl and then fight people. :S
Lag most of the time is terrible(huge ping jumps) because people dont seem to understand they cannot host for 16 people, or it will completly crash after a few minutes.

I tryed to make my own server but it keeps crashing randomly after some time.
Before the patch this never happend.

Before i used to play almost everyday some hours and have fun.

Now i cant seem to play anywhere or only a few minuted before getting kicked or server crashes. Still it seems the ESF community grows, but we really need more DEDICATED SERVERS which do not crash. :\

For me this game seem to die slowly....... :(
ok I used to be a server op everynight (btw pcjoe good luck with that code thing)and I'm just going to list some answers to your posts

most admins do not kick people just because they feel like they would kick you for a reason eg lag or if someones breaking the rules

I find it great fun to fight admins who have a high pl it's great training and if there so noobly like you said then you should be able to beat them what ever the powerlevel

the probloms before the patch where still bad like people having 32 slots on there server which would make it crash(but the esf team have fixed it now which is the bright side of the patch)but the problom now is radom crashing (which pcjoe said is being sorted)

and now you know what other people who run servers are going though it's not easy so I would ask that you don't call admins noobly

but if you want to help the esf community wait for now let the esf team be as they know theres a problom and are moving ass to fix it

and esf is not going to die from this it will be a bit of a problom patch but not death

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
What do you want us to explain? It's doing just that, randomly crashing. Random crashing = we have no clue what peice of code causes it. It's like someone saying there's a spelling error in your 15,235 page book, but not telling you what section, let alone the page.
I think HarSens might have found the offending code though (atleast the general area)... He tried removing the bot source and hosting a dedicated server, it seemed to stop the random crashing. Rather odd since you dont need bots on the server for it to crash, but we've had weirder crashing bugs... Like the time when it was crashing on the MP3-list parsing code because the server name the player joined was longer then 32 characters.
Anyways, atm Rick is trying to find what the problem is. If we fix this bug there's a high probability that we'll be releasing a small 1.2.2 patch ( code only ).
Thanks for the response.
This clears up some things and seeing people working on it is great to hear.

IMHO these things should be posted on the front page so its clear, i felt like nobody cared about the problems that affect the game so much.

Thats why i posted in the first place.

Noticed that Harsens server is stable also, at least 1 server to play longer then 10 min on. :] :S

whoop ass said:
admins do not kick people just because they feel like they would kick you for a reason eg lag or if someones breaking the rules

I find it great fun to fight admins who have a high pl it's great training and if there so noobly like you said then you should be able to beat them what ever the powerlevel

the probloms before the patch where still bad like people having 32 slots on there server which would make it crash(but the esf team have fixed it now which is the bright side of the patch)but the problom now is radom crashing (which pcjoe said is being sorted)

and now you know what other people who run servers are going though it's not easy so I would ask that you don't call admins noobly

but if you want to help the esf community wait for now let the esf team be as they know theres a problom and are moving ass to fix it

and esf is not going to die from this it will be a bit of a problom patch but not death

They do kick me for playing to good most of the time.
Sometime they say dont attack me please... so im ok whatever.
Then i beamed someone + him to kingdom come and i get kicked, happend yesterday. Most gamers of this community in general seems to be childish. :tired:

Challenge? fighting a admin with 20 mil pl....

Sure you can beat them with 20 mil pl but you have to die 20 times first so you got a descent pl to strike back, not my idea of fun but that my opinion.

You won't chance my opinion about most admins, from my experience most are just downright lame and will even use server mods to gain a advantage.
Maybe it just them haveing fun and ofcourse they own the server but that does not chance the fact its lame for the people who play with him on the server.

I said for me this game seems to die slowly ofcourse esf will go on. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom