Critical hits-Weak hits

Best answers
I'd like to suggest (melee) critical and weak hits making players able to faint aswell.

( I hope this hasnt been suggested i searched at keywords cricital hits, fainting, fainted and some more )

When meleeing i think critical hits should be 40% of a punch or kick.

The critical hit should give up to 25-35% more damage than a normal hit. (Prepunching) And with a punch/kick blow should give up to 40-50% critical damage.(Melee-Blow)

When hitting someone on certain points like a blow on someones head or a blow in someone's back then the critical damage rate (%) should also increase.

And possible fainting players might me an effect.

The faint should take maximum 5 seconds..would be nice if the fainted player got a blackscreen 3-5 sec with a message you got fainted or something like that.

Weak hits should also be able to occur.

Weak hits should be able to appear 15-25% of all prepunching hits.

When giving a blow weak hits should not appear but a missed hit..a failed hit should only appear 5-10% of all blows.

A more logic reason when critical/weak hits can occur.
Critical: Close to full power (full or near full energy)
Weak: Low HP ( less ki than half energy bar)
Missed: Very low HP (almost depleted energy)

Hope you guy's think something like this should get in (or some tweaking at the idea)

Best answers
Nah, I don't like randomizing games. People would complain that they were fighting some "*** noob" and he kept getting criticals and he couldn't fight back cause he died in one hit and, well you get the point.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this would also be a bit hard to code in so that some ppl wont try to hack/cheat whatever...the game so they get 100% chance of crit hits

Best answers
Well when cheaters appear they are already much indestructable right?
But i understand..if it would be to hard to code then try to leave it an open suggestion for far future releases. (Mystic Shadow)

And keep getting critical hits would be pretty impossible...because the chance would be soo small that you will get critical hits with prepunching...blows...(konstantine77)

I think stealth attacks like catching someone offguard should give a better chance of critical damage..but getting critical hits all the time would be unfair.

remember when Vegeta knocked Goku on the back.. he got fainted...a critical hit.

Something like that would be nice ingame.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shouldnt the critical hits be dependant on where you are aiming? If your crosser is on his head, he gets hit there and recieves more damage than usual (not an insta-kill). If you hit his arm, he recieves a small amount of damage. It should all be dependant on where you aim...

If you wanna get really complex, give each limb hp. That would be plain dumb, but would work if you really wanted it to =/.

Best answers
yes i agree on that..that's what i also meant.. when kicking punching someone in the back then the dmg should increase..(or in my suggestion critical dmg rate (%) )

If critical dmg can't be added than certain body points should get more damage..similiar to counterstrike...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
People are allready complaining about losing because of random arrows, we don't need another reason for people to complain about noob freindly randomness, the idea has potential, but people would complain.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just take away the randomness part. The damage should be purely dependant on where you aim. The head is small is size so its harder to aim at (not to take into consideration that you're moving). This isnt noob friendly (as long as its based on your aiming ability).

Best answers
Yes...but now it think of it would be tooo hard to hit a head?
Because there is still plenty of lag in esf..

I am not sure Zeonix if this can be added because you would miss if you miss the head right? There would be plenty of misses when playing that way i think.

Anyway i like the idea, and people will always complain..there is never a moment that people will not complain..Many complaining is just because someone plays better.
It's amazing how many people complain when they lose and get frustrated.

:) think about it ;)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was using the head as an example. Obviously other body parts would be able to be hit. No one would complain about noobs getting lucky shots, cause you would actually have to aim at a particular area and the damage would vary depending on where the person was hit. Head shot would obviously take more damage than a body shot (not that kind; think boxing). If you hit a person's arm enough, they arent able to do as much damage as b4. If you hit someone's leg, they run like a 5 year old.

Best answers
I understand Zeonix..my point is that because there is still plenty of lag there would be many misses.

But as for body dmg signs like walking as and old man (your example) i would leave that out actually..a hit to the head would make people move like completly drunken people :D. Would seem very funny..If lag is better solve then i wouldnt mind playing with this new feature.

Best answers
uh, in case you haven't notice, you don't really get much chance to aim in advanced melee. And didn't DMZ have fainting and wasn't it incredibly crap?

Best answers
I have some sort of solution for that..in advanced melee you just aim where you want to hit..after every arrow you need to aim again...aiming at chest by default..

The defender only has to choose the right arrows..
The attacker can choose to aim at head ( has to be done quickly with quick punches )
but if he aimes miss...the punch/kick also misses
So when trying to get more dmg when attacking it will be more difficult for attackers and easier for defenders

Aiming at head in adv. melee will take some skill.

Normal dmg..Chest (normal hits)
Heavy dmg..the balls and the head (critical hits)
Low dmg..arms and leg (weakhits)

Would be nice that after every punch the aiming is at different spot..
Most of the time it would be at default point the chest.

Otherwise it's just aiming at the head and choose 10 directions and no aiming anymore.. with every attack you need to aim :)

Best answers
I think it should be head and stomache as the fact that ur balls was not included ata ll in dbz as it was dishonouring. the stomach and the head should be the harder parts to hit but more damage.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When i made my suggestion, i meant it for simple melee. Advanced melee either needs to be scrapped or completely re-done.

@ Optimus Primal: How would lag make you miss? Unless your ping is 250 or somewhere in that area, you shouldnt have to difficult a time placing your aiming reticle over a certain region of the body. Btw, ball shots should be an insta-kill o_O. OK, maybe not an insta-kill but you shouldnt be able to move for a second or so. Seriously, getting hit in the balls hurts a lot.

Best answers
If it's for simple melee, what's to stop people just aiming at the head EVERY time?

And if it's for advanced melee, you still haven't said HOW you aim. This suggestion really doesn't seem to have been thought through a lot.

And seriously, if it's a suggestion that needs a completely new melee system...write your own game?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must be god, Bihal. I didnt realize how easy it was for you to aim at someone's head while swooping at high speeds. For me (and all the other mortals), its a bit harder to aim at the head EVERY time.

I also dont see you providing any constructive criticism. Its easier to shoot down an idea than make one of your own, eh Bihal?

Best answers
I have plenty of my own ideas. I don't, however, post them when there's no chance of them being put into ESF. If I was making the game, it would be different, but I'm not.

And I did provide criticism. A pragmatic opinion of "If you want to see this idea happen, write your own game." because it doesn't fit with the melee system that is in ESF.

Simple melee is just that. Simple.
Advanced melee already has heavy hits. I don't really remember anyone getting a critical hit in DBZ. Like, punching someone and by chance hitting a vital spot?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*cough* Vegeta knocked Goku unconcious with a single blow to the neck. I'd call that a critical hit. And although simple melee is called simple, it is considered to be used by advanced players. Advanced melee is generally used by by newcomers. Obviously there are exceptions.

Anywho, we are looking for ways to improve melee. The fact that you said you are afraid to post your ideas because they wont be used, simply means that your ideas really arent that good. This is probably a bad idea, but through trial and error we are trying to improve melee as a community.

Best answers
I agree on that Zeonix...and correct me if i am wrong, but to say that the suggestion isnt good for esf can only teammembers say. Because they decide whether it can or cant be put in.

Hasnt advanced melee been totally different than the melee from 1.1 why would this idea be totally useless for 1.3 or 1.4?

In my opion this idea has potential with some support we can work this melee idea to an excellent new feature for esf..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom