Probably a useles sugestion.

Best answers
Okay, heres my sugestion, it probably doesnt work, but hell, i'm posting it anyways.

I think there should be a new game mode, called, protect the planet.

I am to lazy to explain it :fight: , so here is a gif animation i made, it should explain everything, i know, its not the best animation, but hey, its only a explanation.

When the core explodes, the evil team wins, and if time is up and core isn't destroyed, then team good wins.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The idea has been suggested before but thats a damn cool gif! :D

Personally I like this idea - protecting a building or the earth itself - and I hope that it will be included one day.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg....thats just a explanation >.< i like the idea, tho it could be lagging alot when somebody blows up half the earth

Best answers
Doesn't have to be laggy.
Just make it expload, with some cool efects, and then make the screen white, like a solar flare, with some blurry efects, like when you do some special combo.
You only can destroy a part of the planet, it would be laggy, if you could destroy everything.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats a nice explanation, and a good gif to!

I like the idea, i hope they will use it!

Best answers
yea, i do to. but there could be a passage way where you hav to destroy layers to get into to get to the earths coar and feed it energy until it gets so big it explodes. so the good team has a chance to defend it if they get to it. as wel as that. you could fly into it as a camakaze and that feads it alot of energy and means you can giv it energy if you are almost dead. i think it would be really kwl either way.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its a great idea!

It reminds me of ut2004 where you have to destory those energy plants.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not true, it could be one particular spot that is proged to explode when a certain amount of damage:eg:

esf_namek_myst
esf_skyscrapper

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Useless idea really, not a good idea for Half-Life. Besides, all the maps would have to be edited.

Best answers
Good idea, but it wouldnt work very well without a ton of breakables, and breakables really nerf the FPS.

Best answers
I could see the idea of just 3 breakables in the core of the map. (3 layers)... but i mean. That's just beam spam central. And what about disks? How would that work? :| And What's to stop someone from tele-eye laser- tele - eye laser >_O

Best answers
I think it's a semi-good idea, I would probably play it once or twice. But, I don't care either way if it's in or not. Ultima freeze, breaking through the earth's crust alone with an eye laser would be like trying to destroy a m1 abrams(a tank)... with a 9mm pistol. It isn't going to happen. A disc, sorry, but i hardly think that throwing a 3 foot diameter disc through the earth would destroy it.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Majin Pool's idea better.

You could make some destuctable layers, and then when you fire a Kamehameha to it , you should be able to do 20 % damage to the core, then it should explode.
I think you shoul be able to heal the core, by blasting Ki beams or Ki blasts into the core, if your a good guy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
instead of that, it should be protect the planet whereas you have one very powerful enemy vs everyone else

instead of blowing up terrain, you have to destroy the other characters

Best answers
Umm... u are missing my point. Alot of characters are mostly melee and very very beam lacking. It's just a very unbalanced gameplay style.

And someone could easily generic ball.. tele.. charge.. generic ball.. tele.. charge. Until it is destroyed.

And don't give me that "umm.. a generic ball destroying the world? Um no it wont scratch it"

Because if you know anything you'd realize that desctructables have their own life. You can pick away at it little by little. And never get hurt.

And even if the gamemode had a time limit per 'round'. It still wouldn't work. I mean what's to stop a player from abusing solar flare?

Best answers
The Nemesis said:
I like the idea, but why is the beam yellow?
just if you were wondering its off supersonic warriors thats why its yellow :)

ONTOPIC: the idea is ok and you wouldnt have to alter every single map just make one thats quite long with the place you have to destroy in the middle and you can have evil and good rushing over, evil trying to destroy and good trying to protect :]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
better like this(if possible), in this mode is it just inpossible to use an map that doesn't suport the mode.
then jou dont have to worry about having a wrong map and you dont nead to make the map's over again.
just my tought

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom