• No, without the teleport delay the game was much faster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care ... i never teleport annyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
What u like better ...? teleport fast or teleport with a delay...
if u vote for teleport delay i would like som explanation can't seem to understand it...

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
teleport is ment to be like a "rescue move" to avoid beeing hit by someone and not to move across the whole map within 1 second. we put in the delay for a good reason.

Best answers
Yeh, a rescue move, tell me how you can dodge a massive kame when you have a delay. Restrictions are bad, good reason or not, it sucks.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i don't think i ever saw annyone teleporting across the map within one second in 1.1 which i played almost every day + if it would be done it would only be a waste of ki and it would make it easier for me to get a hit
p.s plz make a reply also why u think teleport delay is good or not

Best answers
i think they´ve made teh delay so its harder to combo or somethin....and yea...teleporting accros teh whole map is a tad pointless o_O

maybe a ms delay or somethin...but now its just boring IMO :S

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No, the combo's were made harder because of the new knockback and combo limit lol Annyway anny other opinions?

Best answers
It is pointless yes, then why forbid it? It doesn't help anybody in any way. Whoever thinks the tele delay is a good thing, hasn't played 1.1 enough to see the beauty of it.

teleport is ment to be like a "rescue move" to avoid beeing hit by someone
It's obvious that you never played 1.1 melee seriously, or at least against someone who understood it. Teleport is not just an escape move, it's a way of offence. It's people like you that n00bify this mod so badly. Then I ask you, why? Why make a game easy? Look at Unreal Tournament for instance. N00bs are getting owned all over the place but no one is complaining there, the game is loved by everybody even though they are getting their asses kicked. Now back to ESF, what's the fun of doing something that's easy? The harder, the better, the more you are encouraged to go further, to play more. If everbody, no matter what skill level, can do exactly the same... it get's boring reeaaal fast. Don't believe me? Take a look around on these forums, you'll see what I mean....

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I've just confirmed from the team meeting logs, the decision to add the teleport delay was a unanimous one taken by all the development team members. Not only was it added for a just reason (to stop seeing abuse of teleport binds and mouse-wheel instant teleports), each and every dev team member and tester has agreed to the benefit of the this added 'hardly noticable unless you use binds' delay.

Regardless of this poll and any future one that someone might crop up, the teleport delay will not be removed and is a permanent feature of Earth's Special Forces.

I'm leaving the thread open from the point of view that it has potential for constructive discussions, but any sign of criticizing the features to an extreme length will lead to this thread being closed.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
the decision to add the teleport delay was a unanimous one taken by all the development team members
May i ask how manny of those play esf? Just out of interest :) And grOOvy ill bet $100 bucks that if you would still play esf you wouldn't like the tp delay either

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
May i ask how manny of those play esf? Just out of interest :)
To answer your question, a lot of them play ESF. And more importantly, they develop ESF. It was their/our choice to put in the teleport delay, and it's staying. Period.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Groovy is the head tester. Offcourse he still plays ESf. o_O

Allthough, I have to agree with you on the delay though. It's rather annoying. Sometimes it completely ****s up an attack you try to pull off.

Best answers
grOOvy said:
each and every dev team member and tester has agreed to the benefit of the this added 'hardly noticable unless you use binds' delay.
Lovely, are the betatesters ESF-l33ts? Doubt it, but again... THEY descide what happens, not the community. If THEY (1/10000th of the total amount of players) think it's too fast, it's too fast and the team changes it right away. Our oppinion is not imporant anymore it seems. I'm starting to lose my faith here and I'm not the only one.

Hardly noticable? If that was true, then why the hell are so many people complaining about it? Get your facts straight and then take conclusions. Groovy, you were on the best in 1.0 and 1.1, I can't believe you actually agreed to this. You KNOW what it was like without delay, and you too loved it. You didn't care if someone used binds or not, they couldn't touch you anyway. I thought it was a good idea that they asked you as betatester, but now I'm starting to get my doubts.

I personally don't give a rat's ass if somebody uses binds or not. 99% of the people that use binds are called ESFn00b and can't hit a whale even if it was dead already.

Give me ONE GOOD reason why they put the delay in and I will show you that it was wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wholeheartedly agree with virtually everything Carnage has said. All the people i know that play esf really hate the teleport delay, including myself, and to be honest, i never saw any advantage of binding teleports.....what does moving across the map in 1 second accomplish apart from wasting all your ki and ermmmmm yeah ?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It was their/our choice to put in the teleport delay
I understand that part
to stop seeing abuse of teleport binds and mouse-wheel instant teleports
But how can u abuse something when it really isn't usefull ? Annyway can i get som more votes in here ^^

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
Lovely, are the betatesters ESF-l33ts? Doubt it, but again... THEY descide what happens, not the community. If THEY (1/10000th of the total amount of players) think it's too fast, it's too fast and the team changes it right away. Our oppinion is not imporant anymore it seems. I'm starting to lose my faith here and I'm not the only one.

Hardly noticable? If that was true, then why the hell are so many people complaining about it? Get your facts straight and then take conclusions. Groovy, you were on the best in 1.0 and 1.1, I can't believe you actually agreed to this. You KNOW what it was like without delay, and you too loved it. You didn't care if someone used binds or not, they couldn't touch you anyway. I thought it was a good idea that they asked you as betatester, but now I'm starting to get my doubts.

I personally don't give a rat's ass if somebody uses binds or not. 99% of the people that use binds are called ESFn00b and can't hit a whale even if it was dead already.

Give me ONE GOOD reason why they put the delay in and I will show you that it was wrong.
Pardon me? Are you asking me to get my facts straight? The actual 'fact', so to say, is that your statements are based on an immature ranting instead of a researched opinion. Look at the suggestions section, harS and the team are always looking at those suggestion threads and I can personally guarantee that I've seen a lot of team members bring up a lot of those threads in team meetings and the team has considered a lot of them. The final 'fact' again is that the team has seen benefits to adding this delay. The team does listen to decent suggestions which help improve overall gameplay and professionalism for the mod, but does NOT listen to stupid rants based on personal 'skill highs' such as yours above. For the very last time, the team is not going to consider removing the delay.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Plz don't go off topic anny more (i don't want my thread closed) annyway mabye u can show us a list of advantiges off the delay

Best answers
grOOvy said:
Pardon me? Are you asking me to get my facts straight? The actual 'fact', so to say, is that your statements are based on an immature ranting instead of a researched opinion. Look at the suggestions section, harS and the team are always looking at those suggestion threads and I can personally guarantee that I've seen a lot of team members bring up a lot of those threads in team meetings and the team has considered a lot of them. The final 'fact' again is that the team has seen benefits to adding this delay. The team does listen to decent suggestions which help improve overall gameplay and professionalism for the mod, but does NOT listen to stupid rants based on personal 'skill highs' such as yours above. For the very last time, the team is not going to consider removing the delay.
First of: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=45100&page=6&pp=30
reply : "very...VERY well said carnage... :yes:"
Second: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=46186
read what I've posted, reply: "I agree with you pretty fully on most of the stuff you said above, Carnage." and " I do, however, agree with almost everything you said. Man, you are one articulate son of a *****, you know that? That last post was downright...moving. Heheh."

Last: This thread
reply: I wholeheartedly agree with virtually everything Carnage has said.

Ok, those are only 3 but I doubt that they're the only ones.

Instead of complete bashing 1.2 I actually thought of something:
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=46298

And if you can read, most people are agreeing with me that it's better than the current system. Same goes for the tele delay and knockback distance.
Carnage said:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Best answers
Im glad there's a delay now. It stops people constantly teleporting.
I think it also helps increase the chance of beams hitting.
The trouble is, now the swoop response and teleport response is less, it
makes it slightly slower and harder to defend and attack than before. You don't feel the total control of your character that you had.
I think teleport delay should stay as it is since it has some positive effects, But swoop could do with some tinkering.

Example:
Instead of double tapping a direction key, why not hold down left mouse button (since its not being used) and then hold down the direction you want to begin swooping in.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Im glad there's a delay now. It stops people constantly teleporting.
so ur trying to say it is wrong when u constantly teleport? Care to explain that for me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What people used to do with teleports, they now do in ssj with turbo on with beamjumps....only they don't lose even 1/4 of the ki they used to :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom