New knockback or old knockback?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Just trying to find out what people like the best..
p.s if you never played 1.1 don't vote

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ooh... another "new vs old" poll thread... the 1.2 knockback is good. ive just seen you complaining about 1.2 stuff in the last time... go and play 1.1 if you dislike 1.2

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
But what is it about the new knocback that u like better then the old, that's what im interested in

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was a just reason why Pcjoe implemented the new knockback speeds. We wanted to inculcate more close combat for advanced melee to ever actually take place, and we also wanted to avoid the guy bouncing all over the map all the time (with the high knockback distance). Also, the speeds were decreased keeping future versions in mind. We'll have to obviously implement speed increments for higher transformations, if the base speed itself is so fast - people won't be able to touch each other and will be flying all over the show like superflies when they are at SSJ2/3/etc.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And what about the fact you can hit the guy twice with the use of only one teleport or did Pcjoe know aobut that OH WAIT! that's why he added the combo limit instead of increasing knockback speed and distance hehe must of slipped my mind

Best answers
i liked the 1.1 knockback but it cant be changed back unless they changed the teleport to no delay too.

Best answers
grOOvy said:
There was a just reason why Pcjoe implemented the new knockback speeds. We wanted to inculcate more close combat for advanced melee to ever actually take place, and we also wanted to avoid the guy bouncing all over the map all the time (with the high knockback distance). Also, the speeds were decreased keeping future versions in mind. We'll have to obviously implement speed increments for higher transformations, if the base speed itself is so fast - people won't be able to touch each other and will be flying all over the show like superflies when they are at SSJ2/3/etc.
yeah it did get annoying when you hit them and they bounced off across the whole map :p

Best answers
not if u were good enuff to hit them more than once....-_-

i liked 1.1's knockback...there was nothing wrong with it in my mind (whatever happened to the philosophy of "if it aint broke dont fix it?...meh :S )...buut as was mentioned above...the tele delay would have to be removed for it to be worth it...which...as we have heard sooooo many times...2% of the entire community decided that it was "not fair" to be able to teleport at will and that it wont be changed back...so i dont see this thread going anywhere but down the crapper just like the others :\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
not if u were good enuff to hit them more than once....-_-
Indeed
i liked 1.1's knockback...there was nothing wrong with it in my mind (whatever happened to the philosophy of "if it aint broke dont fix it?...meh )...buut as was mentioned above...the tele delay would have to be removed for it to be worth it
Bingo, this poll can be closed now

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
Indeed
Bingo, this poll can be closed now
If you are that anal about 1.2 that you have to make all these threads, then go play 1.1 again, is that so hard to do?

Let's remind ourselves of a few things.
1. It is the team's mod.
2. They make the mod, how they want it made.
Partial credit to Dask, wiener face =P.

So to answer, "Give me one good reason why the new way should be in and not the old way" Please refer to 1 and 2.

Obviously, the team didn't like the way it worked in 1.1, so they changed it, refer to 1 and 2 again if you need further justification. Just because "The 1.1 elites", and I use that term loosely, it's more like the "1.1 whiners" who don't want to adjust to a new game because they're not super giants anymore, didn't think it needed to be changed, doesn't mean it to be true.

Why do you make these threads? You lure people in to defend 1.2, and when they do, you go "OMG, PROVE IT WAS BETTER, AND I'LL TELL YOU HOW YOU'RE WRONG! 1.1 > 1.2!"

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not that the game didn't need to be changed, it did. It's just that we don't like how it was changed, it could have been so much better. Oh well, I guess the only thing that matters is if the team likes it ;/.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Team's mod = team's decisions.
I hope you don't think snide sarcasm is going to get the team to see things your way.
I happen to like the mod much more the way it is now than the way it was in 1.1, but I'm not going to even waste my breath explaining why.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't being sarcastic. I was serious. As long as the team is happy, it doesn't matter...

Best answers
technology moves on....the old get obselente...the new replace the old.....out with the old....

no more 1.1 lovers s*it please its old and thus when you compare 1.1 to 1.2 its like comparing counterstrike beta 1 to 1.6....would you go play beta 1 when theres something newer and beter and supported by valve out? or an old version of bf1942? most likly you'll say no...so ill assume that and say once again stfu about the old s*it please and thank you

ps:and even if the new thing isn't as good as the old....do you see lots of people continue to play the old?no. and yes i'm talking about mutiplayer games where on gamespy stats you can see the results of patches....if a patch for any game sucks what i see is the game die...cause people always have other games to play if one game goes sour....so they dont bother staying with the old...they just go to a game which is good and updated

Best answers
well..to counter all the crap about how the team made it the way they want...if that was the case..and they didnt wanna make it for other ppl to play and be happy about the game..then y the hell release it at all?...it doesnt make sense to make something...release it to the public...then when its not liked be like..well its the way -I- want it so u can just go to hell....show me the sense in that...

thats like buying someone a birthday gift and when they dont like it and take it back or whatever...u say that u got it because it was something -U- liked/wanted...it doesnt make sense at all...

and a lot of u 1.2 guys seem to think that we hate the entire game...when thats not the truth at all..most things (and i say that loosely) in 1.2 are great (i.e. walljump..new textures etc.)...the things that most of the '1.1 whiners' are dissatisfied with are melee..and gameplay in general that the team effected because some ppl cried about it..."OMGZOR HE JUST HIT ME WITH A TELE HIT IN LESS THAN A SECOND!! U SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO DO THAT!!!" *puts in a tele delay*...

and really..if it werent for the ppl that -PLAYED- 1.1 (because i know a lotta the ppl that like/ defend 1.2 didnt even play 1.1 for more than a week) then this mod would be nothing...all it would be is a game that some friends made for each other to play in a lan game or somethin...so keep that in mind next time u spurt some crap like the team made it the way -THEY- want it...cause no matter how true that statement may be....it doesnt make it any more logical to use it as a defense against the ppl that dont like it when -U- released it to them...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hell yeah how dare the team tell you how to play their mod that they made out of their spare time!

thats just an outrage

face it games do not stay the same things are added, updated, improved, removed, and altered

nothing will stay the same for ever and if u want to play the same game for 50 years then wed all be playing pong still because no one wants to innovate because "its good as it is"

MysticUub said:
and really..if it werent for the ppl that -PLAYED- 1.1 (because i know a lotta the ppl that like/ defend 1.2 didnt even play 1.1 for more than a week) then this mod would be nothing...
yeah keep telling urself that its not like the majority of the people who joined esf joined at 1.0 ;)

the little side patch WAS TOTALY that one patch that made all the thousands of people come

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki, he joined in 1.0 just so you know. Anyway, I think the team showed with the teledelay that they don't care what there fans think, whatever they want is how it's going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom