STEAM help please.

Best answers
Everytime I click the ESF game in steam, it takes me to some list of games... like register your product if own blah blah with cd key. Do I put my Counter-strike condition zero cd key or what? I really want to play but cant get passed this. Someone please help me. Thanks.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need the original Half-Life program to play ESF. A legit cd key would also help.

Best answers
so your saying I need to install original half-life into steam so I can play esf?

btw, I do have a legal cd key.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Install Half-Life
2. Get the 1.1.1.0 update
3. Install Steam
4. Using Steam, transfer Half-Life to the game list
5. Install ESF 1.2
6. Install ESF 1.2.1

You should be set...

Best answers
I gave me cd key to my friend for half-life so he can play saying I would never play half-life again..... O man!!! so Im screwed till I get a new cd key?... crap... I bought cs:cz and everything is working fine.. cept that I cant get esf to work... great... Do I need to get a new copy of hl?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a cs:cz cd key only allows you to play cs and cz - it does not allow you to play any custom mod or even halflife itself.
To do that you need an hl cdkey, or a dod one (I think)
Generations might work as well, not sure.

to summise, you shouldn't have given your cd key to your friend.

Best answers
i am having the same problem apart from i have a cd key registered with my account and the game stays in third party and as you know the accounts dont accept the same key twice so what do i do

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if esf is in third party games it should work fine.

Best answers
yea it is but the game wont run its strange it keeps bringing up purchase half-life but i have half-life and cs 1.6 and cz installed so i have no clue whats goin on

Best answers
my esf patched 1.2.1 isnt in third party programs.. i dunno why.. where should i install it?? and how do i get esf to go into the third party programs section??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it should automatically be in 3rd party mods section. Make sure its installed to your ESF folder, along with 1.2, both to Steam,SteamApps,(your emailaddress), Half-Life,esf.

Best answers
well i installed my esf and patch to steam/steamapps/[email protected]/esf... i didnt know u had to put it in steam/steamapps/(emailadress)/halflife/esf... ok so i shud start over and install 1.2 to steamapps/emailadress/halflife? same with 1.2.1??

i tryed installing it to there but it still wont show up in 3rd party programs.. but... in that path when im in halflife i see esf (cuz i put it there) and i dbl clikc it and then theres a save folder and.. a fmod.dll file and some other sutff then theres a folder called esf in the esf folder.. please help i really want to play.
also what do i name the folder?? ESF or earths special forces.. or does it matter?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have to install ESF in steam/steamapps/[email protected]/half-life/

it normaly autodetects the right place to installit so try not to change it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom