woohoo another teledelay thread!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just going to start off by saying please don't close this thread. I'm making this because I think it's clear most of the community doesn't like the tele delay. There are other possible solutions instead of the delay though, some great ideas could have been thought up in that other thread that shouldn't have been closed. So since that one was closed, I made this thread dedicated to other possible solutions to scripts/binds.

Possible solutions:
- Implement somthing that stops all scripts/binds. I know the mod ghp was going to do this before they died so it must be possible. (<---- Would be nice)
- Just make a cvar out of it. People that want to play without the delay can go to a server with it turned off, people that want to play with it can go to a server with it on.
- Make the first teleport you do have no delay. With this in, the delay would still do what it was designed to do, but stop atleast some of the complaining in the forums.
- If you were to put a trigger of some sort so that if someone does two or more teleports instant, they stop moving for 2 seconds or so. I'm not really sure about this one, but it might allow players to teleport as fast as humanly possible and render scripts/binds useless..?

And that's all I can think of at the moment. If you guys have any ideas on what could be done inplace of the delay, please share.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
good old hybrid :eek:) and yea these are nice suggestions that would satisfy both sides

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Start of by NOT RECREATING DEAD THREADS

Warning dag nabit

DO NOT CREATE TELEDELAY THREADS OR I WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE WITH WARNINGS AND A FORUM BAN

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
I'm just going to start off by saying please don't close this thread. I'm making this because I think it's clear most of the community doesn't like the tele delay. There are other possible solutions instead of the delay though, some great ideas could have been thought up in that other thread that shouldn't have been closed. So since that one was closed, I made this thread dedicated to other possible solutions to scripts/binds.

Possible solutions:
- Implement somthing that stops all scripts/binds. I know the mod ghp was going to do this before they died so it must be possible. (<---- Would be nice)
- Just make a cvar out of it. People that want to play without the delay can go to a server with it turned off, people that want to play with it can go to a server with it on.
- Make the first teleport you do have no delay. With this in, the delay would still do what it was designed to do, but stop atleast some of the complaining in the forums.
- If you were to put a trigger of some sort so that if someone does two or more teleports instant, they stop moving for 2 seconds or so. I'm not really sure about this one, but it might allow players to teleport as fast as humanly possible and render scripts/binds useless..?

And that's all I can think of at the moment. If you guys have any ideas on what could be done inplace of the delay, please share.
. . . .

- Implement somthing that stops all scripts/binds.
What exactly do you want us to do? Magically brianwash people into stopping them from using binds? I'm sorry for the sarcasm but seriously, this is the Half-Life engine and this is a mod we're talking about. I'm going to put it in simple English words for everyone to understand:

1.) This is the Half-Life Engine, binds are forms of binding certain commands to keys. The purpose of binds is to be able to interact with the application/game called Half-Life (example: moving and shooting). The purpose is NOT to be able to execute a lot of different movement commands with the press of one key.

2.) The development team (yes, the people who make the mod) and the testers found that people could jump from one end of the map to the other in 1 second with the help of a bind. This was brought up in a team meeting.

3.) The entire team unanimously agreed to COUNTER this ability to skim through maps, as that was not what they wanted THEIR GAME to become. The team doesn't care about a minority or some clan people getting upset over the inability to use binds and scripts, what they care about is developing a good and decent Dragonball Z modification to the Half-Life Engine in the long run. Think outside the ****ing box -_-.

4.) Keeping the above conclusion in mind, we coded in a small delay to avoid people from using binds. And this is a PERMANENT measure - this is NOT going to be removed no matter how many times you guys make your threads, you will just end up getting yourself in trouble.

5.) The teleport delay DOES NOT affect actual gameplay AT ALL. If you like the delay so much, if you hate this version that much, go play the old betas on your own servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom