Arn't any pros still playing esf??

Best answers
whenever i look though servers i never find anyone better then me...it used to be easy for me to find a superior...and beating on the new people gets boring and unfullfilling after a while :(

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I request either Halorion or Optional to silence this guy.

Best answers
the pros only come out whenever a new version has been released...or thats what i found :)

Best answers
All of us "skilled people" have either got bored or moved on, I still play for matches, thats about it. The new system made all of us /cry

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, people like you, Dray, go from server to server talking about how you don't play anymore while playing in the process. You may or may not have "finally" moved on and stopped playing outside of official matches, but I doubt a lot of the better players have. Like I've noted before, after 1.1 was released a lot of the better 1.0 players stopped playing. The same is true for 1.2, but there are still good players out there, you just have to look for them.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm adequate, not exactly a professional, but I do find myself hanging in there with the big dogs such as, but not limiting to: (1)ESFn00b, ESFn00b and Llama.

Either way, You would probably find me in servers such as, but not limiting to: RF^ Clan Server, [ ~].SL[~ Clan] - www.PsychoHost.com, and NTH ESF 1.2.1 (Steam) #1.

Best answers
I play still (alot). Im starting to like 1.2 alot more then 1.1. I played 1.1 the other day and compared it to 1.2. I have to say I like 1.2 better. (argh dont flame me i know I made alot of 1.1>1.2 threads)

You can find me on the RF^ Clan Server, [ ~].SL[~ Clan] - www.PsychoHost.com, NTH ESF 1.2.1 (Steam) #1, ESF 1.2.1(esforces.com) -- eepopp.org, *.::~EoP~::.*Clan Server, Mr.Satan's ESF Playground

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Every skilled player i knew quitted esf after a few weeks of 1.2 : Lynx, carnage my clanmates and alot more.. to manny to mention..

Best answers
so there are people still playing 1.1..:eek:...i might just move back myself..1.2 isnt as filling for me as 1.1 was..

Best answers
Most of the "leet" people that I saw stopped playing, you loose some with each new version, but some others surface eventually, it takes some time.

There are still plenty of good people that still play 1.2 though (I assume, I don't play anymore), you just need to look for them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude...Optional will kick the **** out of you, your family, and your ancestors...before you even know what is happening. I'm not that great but I consider myself mediocre and I could barely touch him. After seeing Opty's insane parabola swoop tricks, I can safely say that he could definitely provide a challenge.

This is somewhat of a dumb gripe to have, isn't it?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually im pretty annoyed about this, i dont like going on a server and being able to beat nearly every1 there, cuz wen a good player comes along im not able to handle it cuz im use to all the mistakes that non pro's make. I see wat barney means, its frustrating going onto a server and not being able to say "gf" to any of the people there, im not even that good and i usually win on most servers i go on with 1.2.1. No im not being arrogant, im just saying that a mediocre player like me can quite often dominate servers these days with no competition, i miss the really skilled players and long fights i use to have, they were fun and it also improved ur skills. I hope i can find one next time i play, the last 3 times, i didnt find any1

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'm a n00b in esf if it comes to playing serius but then again, it's getting borring.
:)\please dont discuse again about this:)
i like bfp more becours it's more hartcore and you can fight verry long with just one player, it's also more smooth becours you can fly upside down and you're faster that some attack's(way faster)
esf in that mather is way to un-smooth, it's way less hartcore, it's to slow for me, rensoku is to slow and the spirit bomb is to little for my tast.
just my tought.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I don't consider myself a "pro" but I'm pretty good. I'm on different servers all the time so you'll just have to find me. I play with the same handle I have on the forums, and I do have my own server, but I rarely put it up, becuase it's mainly a CS server.

ZTiMaStA said:
Every skilled player i knew quitted esf after a few weeks of 1.2 : Lynx, carnage my clanmates and alot more.. to manny to mention..
Probably becuase they aren't "skilled" anymore.

Best answers
ye ai have only been playing a monty but i got bored of owning noobs so i play cs more again.

Best answers
Plenty of good players are still playing. As a matter o fact, the only good players from 1.1 are still playing. The rest of'em just can't keep up with the ability to maneuver and dodge easier without the ability to telespam some cheap melee strike. It actually takes skill now to do a good melee fight, even advanced melee can get tricky at times.

It's funny, because I even told you, Draylock, that in the new version you wouldn't be nearly as good because all you did was telespam when you were losing. Funny how being a jerk can come back at you in a public forum. Oh sweet vengeance. :laff:

Getting back to the point, 1.2 is exactly the same as 1.1 except the combat actually takes strategy instead of... OMG I MOVED MY MOUSE UP AND DOWN FASTER THAN YOU! Instead of pointlessly aiming up and down, you have keys you can tap to do that. Not only that, but it's harder to run away now unless you use kiblast because you can't just super tele to the other side of the map and recharge before they know what's happening. I have to admit the double hit thing is kind of dumb, maybe just because of the stupid animation for it, but otherwise, the ability to leap off of walls or completely block melee strikes by having enough ki makes both offense and defense very important.

Unlike previous amazing feats of "I hold the guard button and the hitbox is so big I don't even have to try to block" matched with the conditioned counter attack, you actually HAVE to aim and follow the target. What it all comes down to is a fight that isn't nearly as predictable as it once was. Many good players from 1.1 that aren't willing to start from the bottom of the barrel just end up getting overly frustrated with this engine that can completely recreate a player's skill into something far greater that 1.1 could ever accomplish. What you have here is the ability to THINK rather than simply REACT. :yes:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
davidskiwan said:
actually im pretty annoyed about this, i dont like going on a server and being able to beat nearly every1 there, cuz wen a good player comes along im not able to handle it cuz im use to all the mistakes that non pro's make. I see wat barney means, its frustrating going onto a server and not being able to say "gf" to any of the people there, im not even that good and i usually win on most servers i go on with 1.2.1. No im not being arrogant, im just saying that a mediocre player like me can quite often dominate servers these days with no competition, i miss the really skilled players and long fights i use to have, they were fun and it also improved ur skills. I hope i can find one next time i play, the last 3 times, i didnt find any1
exactly ... nothing really more to say ... :(

Best answers
I think 1.2's melee system is alot better then that of 1.1, however I still dislike the fact that the finishing buster is still only a ball and the burning attack still only a beam. I wish they could make it like the generic beam, where u have a ball and a beam to choose from.

1 great thing about 1.2 is that its not really necassery to wait for ur opponent to attack, then dodge @ the last second and gettin that stupid story of how ur always waiting for a person to attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom