i cant join my friend's game

Best answers
and he cant join mine. i posted in the help but nowone responded. please help

I told my friend about this game and he couldn't wait to download it.
Anyway, i created a server and he couldnt join it. It says it's not responding. And then he created a server and it says it's not responding. we were planning on being on each other's team and kick the crap out of bots. But we cant join each other's games. we can join other servers, just not each other's. can we join each other's games or not? Thanks in advance

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this online?
if it is, try doing sv_lan 0 in the console.

Best answers
yes, its an online game. But, we dont use lan. i just push the "create server" button. and i give him my ip and he still cant connect. i tired that and it sitll dont work. any other ideas?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you use the sv_lan 0 command, it disables the lan game (thats what it makes when you go to create server) and starts a public server.
Use the command that Orion and I suggestd.

Best answers
I tried that. he still cant join mine and i still cant join his. We'll try agian. THanks for your help. any other ideas would be appreciated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if its with ESF 1.2.1, there is an option disabling Lan mode, when i was using 1.2, i also had problems setting up an online server to help a few noobs, even when i tried that sv_lan 0 command it would work sometimes. Use the ESF 1.2.1 toggle lan mode on/off function.

Best answers
im using 1.2.1 .. me and him both downloaded and installed the latest patch. but we still cant join each other's games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you create a game, it should be in the 2nd menu as a tickable box
P.S. Refrain from double posting

Best answers
the lan game box in unchecked. and i dont know how to configure the listen server thing. Thanks for all your help, but please help me get this fixed O_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are either of you behind a router or firewall, by any chance?

Best answers
No, neither of us are behind a firewall. We both have them shut off. With my comp, i cant create a server on ANY half life mod. it always says server not reponding. But when he creates it with other games, it works. it only doesnt work with this mod.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Same probelm for me and for my friend,iam behind a router and this problem is in every game from steam

Best answers
Psydoman said:
Same probelm for me and for my friend,iam behind a router and this problem is in every game from steam
Then u would have to forward the right ports..Im behind a firewall and router..I couldnt create any games on half life before i forwarded the right ports..Forward ports 27000-27050 i think..Just check on Steam site cuz im not sure..And then after u forward ure ports go to create game and after u create ure game type sv_lan 0 in console..Then it should work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom