Back Again. Open Challenge to anyone

Best answers
Like Title says, I'm back and issuing a challenge to anyone who will accept

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Well, since no one else appears to be stepping up to the plate, I'll take this one.

Good luck, Vejimaru. :)

Best answers
Engar said:
Well, since no one else appears to be stepping up to the plate, I'll take this one.

Good luck, Vejimaru. :)
So, I get the honor of facing the mighty engar. This should be good. Be aware though, I may have improved...and my powers are not what my bio states. They are radically different.

Best answers
This will be a fight to the best of 3 rounds. The arena is a crowded baseball stadium in the centre of a populated city, the game is a sellout.

Begin the smacktalk.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Whether you have improved or not is unimportant. I have waded through the blood of better men and I shall strike you down without mercy.

Beware.

[/Smacktalk]

This should be. :D

Best answers
Alas, I have not won a fight here yet, and it is the greatest of honors to fight someone as great as yourself

-buys some popcorn from a vendor-

Now, lets fight.

Best answers
Vejimaru walked along the sidewalk of the crowded city, ignoring all around him.

"Its been a long time..."

He stopped and stared at a huge stadium that people were trying desperatly to get into.

"This must be the place"

He pulled a ticket out of his pocket and stared at it. It was torn in places, and very worn, but still readable.

He strode upto the entrance of the garguntan stadium and stood in line, waiting to get in.

"These people haven't a care in the world...its incredible..."

People were chatting merrily, talking about the upcoming game, chatting about family and friends, and many other things.

Vejimaru reached the front of the line and flashed his game ticket.

"Please step right ahead sir", the guard politely said.

The white haired demon stepped forward, only to be stopped by the guard again.

"Sir, please leave all weapons of sorts here at the desk."

Vejimaru froze

"He wants my weapons? How did he know I was carrying?"

"No" the white haired demon replied, "I need them"

"Sir," the guard said, drawing a .20, "Don't make me take action"

In a flash, Veji was behind the guard, his Long Barrel .45 Colt Magnum pressed to the guards head.

"I don't want to hurt you. I told you, I need my weapons."

The guard spun and before Vejimaru could react, fired at him.

"You....stupid....idiot!" Vejimaru said from behind his shield of earth, "Now I'm going to have to put you down."

Vejimaru dropped his earthen barrier and slammed a fist into the guards gut. As the guard bent down in agony, the demon quickly landed a rocket kick in the center of the mans jaw, sending him up and away.

"Fool...."

Vejimaru strode into the main corridor, looking for his portal.

"Section GG....here it is."

He turned into a narrow corridor and walked to the end, where a spectacular sight met his eyes. A lush green diamond, outlined by orange clay stood a hundred feet below him.

"You're late. The game has already started." A voice said behind him.

Veji turned to see a young man, dressed in a loose fitting baseball shirt and tatterd jeans, leaning over the balcony rail above him.

"Engar. What an honor it is to meet you. Even greater the honor is to face you."

"Stop kissing up." Replied Engar.

With that remark, Engar vanished and appeared right in front of Vejimaru. Before the white haired demon could do a thing, Engar's fist sent him through the guard rail and out into the open air. Veji corrected himself, only to find a knee planted in his stomach. Engar, determined to end the fight in the early, clasped his fists above his head and brought them down on Vejimaru's neck, sending him down into the crowd and concrete below.

Engar landed on the stairwell near the spot where Vejimaru landed. Engar watched as the white haired boy pulled himself out of the ground, his body already torn and broken.

"Was that it? Are you going to give up now?"

"Not....in...a....million....years..."

"Fine I guess I'll just have to thrash you some more!"

Engar made to leap forward and attack, but was stopped. He looked down to see his feet bound by concrete.

"How?"

Vejimaru appeared in front of him, eyes already glowing red

"I control the power of earth. I could bury you 200 feet under if I wished. But it shall not be. I respect you Engar. I have learned from you. It is only fair that I go all out. GAIA REDAN!"

With that, Vejimaru swung a concrete clad fist into Engar's chest, launching him off of the ground. Vejimaru appeared above Engar, only to realize that he was on the business end of a ki-shockwave. He brought up his arms and blocked the wave, although it sent him further up into the air than he wanted to be.

"I am stronger than you, Vejimaru."

Engar was standing in the field, looking up, now cool and collected.

"He's going to be a lot harder to beat now..." Vejimaru thought to himself. He slowly lowered himself back to the ground, eye level with Engar. The crowd stared in wonder and awe, as did the players on the field. Both warriors moved at the same time. Engar came forward fist pulled behind him, Veji not showing any signs of preparing to attack. Engar threw his fist forward, only to have Veji duck under it.

"NOW WITNESS THE TRUE POWR OF THE EARTH!!! 100% GAIA REDAN!" Vejimaru screamed, eyes burning red, as he brought a rock covered fist up to into Engar's chin, sending him straight into the air.

"I'm not done yet"

Vejimaru appeared above Engar, spun in the air and planted his heel painfully in the center of the fighters face, sending him down to earth.

"From distant lands with love" said Vejimaru as he fired a shockwave of air down after the falling warrior. Engar slammed into the ground, sending turf and clay everywhere, only to be hit by the shockwave a second later, which scarred the earth even more.

Vejimaru floated above, panting now.

"I don't know how much longer I'll be able to maintain 100%...." he said, his speech half audible through his heavy breathing. The he looked down in horror.

There, in the center of the crater stood Engar, aura flowing around him, visibly hurt, but nothing that would hinder him.

"Vejimaru, you are going 100%. Its only fair to you that I also go 100%. It ends now."

---------------
This may not be too good because its my first time writing in this form for a while.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'm giving my all in this, Vejimaru. You deserve no less.

The air of the stadium was rich with scents. The aromas from the hot-dog stands; the anxiety from the players; the anticipation from the crowd. Engar leaned against the railings that separated the spectators from the grounds and breathed deep - absorbing the life that thronged in the stadium. The rigours of training under the Jade Behemoth left little time for relaxation and it was nice, for once, to step back and enjoy the simple things in life.

"Hey, Engar!" "Where's our hot dogs?!"

Like hanging out with family, for instance.

Grinning, Engar turned and brought one hand up to wave back up into the stands where his parents and considerable amount of siblings where waiting for their food. Iain and Chris, filling their little brother duties, were the ones heckling him. It was nice, he reflected, to have a quiet, normal day.

"Engar?"

Well I should have seen that coming..

The figure before him stood out amongst the crowd to the extent that on a busy day the two of them had a good ten by ten foot square of empty space surrounding them. People were actually crawling backwards onto the stands to keep out of the way of this person. And Engar couldn't say he blamed them.

He was around six foot five or something; quite a bit over Engar's own height with short silvery hair. His clothing was, especially considering the weather, odd; black from tip to toe. If you were expecting to fight in the middle of a summer day you'd choose clothes that would make that easier, not harder - but of course that was only if you expected to have problems.

"I am known as Vejimaru and I have heard much of your prowess in fighting.." grey eyes snaked up and down appraisingly before a hint of amusement surfaced, "but I believe they may have been exaggerated.."

Engar himself certainly didn't look like a warrior or a Modiwan. His robe was left at home - it was such a warm day after all - and a pair of loose black trousers and a white t-shirt made him look more like a student than anything else. Still he'd be damned if he'd take that sort of talk from some stranger.

"If you want a fight," Engar retorted coldly, "you can look me up later. I'm busy with important matters.."

In retrospect that was probably a very stupid thing to say. He made a move to leave but - as if from nowhere - a blade of silvery grey metal filled his vision. A voice of quivering anger seemed to slice through the noise of the still busy stadium:

"I may have changed but I shall not suffer such dishonourable speech!?

Vejimaru drew the blade back and, spiralling three hundred and sixty degrees, brought it around in a deadly cycle that tore through the air above Engar's ducking head. Moving effortlessly, Vejimaru adjusted his grip slightly - remaining one handed - and crouched as he swept the sword around again - this time going for Engar's ankles. The Modiwan, regretting his words intensely at this point, launched himself into a backwards somersault that managed to save him from the attack but landed him on a precarious perch - standing on the very railings he had been leaning against.

From this vantage point he could clearly see his family, pale faced and shocked to the point that they couldn't even rise, and growled under his breath. Of all the terrible luck, he had to be dragged into a fight here and now?!

Vejimaru was either unknowing or uncaring of Engar's dilemma; he crouched then leapt for his opponent with sword swinging in a shimmering arc. With no other choice Engar took a step backwards and off the railings - letting gravity wrap her fingers around his torso and bare him down under Vejimaru's swing.

Landing nimbly, Engar glanced around blinking in the shadows and found himself face to face with an entire baseball team. They were understandably shy; people who lunged into the pit were usually bad news.

"Um," a grey haired man approached him, hands raised in a peaceful manner, "you okay, buddy?"

Engar shook his head, a wry smile flitting across his strained features.

"A long way off, friend, but I can't stay and chat about it."

He looked past the coach towards a much shorter part of the team, a teenager fumbling two bats as he stared with unconcerned surprise at the mysterious stranger that was approaching Engar from behind. Engar grinned and leapt forwards, silver sword whistling just behind him.

As he moved, team members ducking and yelping as Vejimaru lunged at his back, Engar brought both hands out with palms open - the cages lurking in the darker parts of the pit exploding as the baseballs they contained simultaneously threw themselves at their metal cage and blurred towards Vejimaru.

His sword became a whirlwind and, without a break in his stride, he sliced cleanly through the baseballs without one making contact.

Still running, Engar snatched the baseball bats the boy held and closed his eyes before leaping out of the dark and into the stunningly bright light of the day. Vejimaru - of course - followed him without hesitation and it was there that Engar had him.

Opening his mind's eye to the streams of the Force that flowed and ebbed through the arena, Engar homed in on the enraged flicker Vejimaru's life force and turned accordingly. He smirked, hearing the gasp of shock as his opponent was temporarily blinded, and leapt forwards with both bats swinging. Vejimaru fought through the blindness, sensing Engar's approach, but the silent warrior slid easily under the wild swing of his blade and brought his right arm up with a crack - baseball bat shattering under the force of the blow - and released the shards in time to twirl - his remaining bat gripped between two hands - and hammer it into Vejimaru's stomach.

Silence followed and, hesitantly, Engar allowed his eyes to open and blinked through the bright light. Vejimaru was standing just at the edge of the pit and, very slowly, touching the bruise that was beginning to show on his left cheek. He looked past his hand and towards his opponent, eyeing Engar coldly.

"You may lack honour, but at least you seem to be a reasonably skilled warrior. This meeting shall not be a total waste."

Vejimaru brought the icy Katana up in his right hand and favoured Engar with a thin, humourless smile.

"I hope you are prepared.."

He wasn't prepared! Vejimaru's control over his blade seemed unparalleled amongst his list of previous foes - discounting Cucumba of course - and short of dodging and running he had no kind of real defence!

"Engar!"

Two dark shapes appeared at the railings far above and, spiralling lazily over the bars and down towards him, a small cylinder approached.

Vejimaru crouched low and growled - sword glimmering as a bright red glow outlined his profile.

The cylinder was closer now, dark metal glittering in the bright sunlight, spinning slowly towards Engar.

He launched himself forwards - moving with a speed that completely outdid what he had previously had - and soared over the vibrant green grass; the Katana snaking around with lethal accuracy.

Engar seemed to concentrate solely on the cylinder now - his right arm outstretched towards it even as it dropped towards him. He didn't even blink as the blade tore through his stomach and out through his back. Vejimaru's feet dug trenches into the grass as he decelerated and looked suspiciously at his opponent.

Watching as the after-image faded from existence.

His true opponent landed ten feet away; a black cylinder shining like a jet black jewel in the palm of his hand.

"Impressive, Engar, but you are facing an expert swordsman. My skill coupled with the 'Demon Focus' technique should prove more than you can handle.."

Engar didn't even have time to contemplate his opponents words. Faster than even he could follow Vejimaru was bare inches from his face and swinging his icy Katana down upon Engar's neck - all the while wreathed with a disturbing red energy. One blade of the Rouge Sabre burned into life, purple clashing against silver as sparks and freezing mist oozed from where the two blades touched.

Turning without even a pause for breath Vejimaru brought his blade down again and again; a rain of skill-full slices and jabs coming closer and closer to breaking Engar's sloppy defences. The Modiwan himself was exactly where he had hoped not to be, trapped in a pattern of blocking and just waiting for Vejimaru to take advantage.

The dark samurai did not disappoint. Calling upon the red energy that was fuelling him he forced himself into a level of speed and power that completely overpowered Engar's senses - three diagonal slashes appeared beneath the fabric of his t-shirt but it did not end there.

The grass around Engar's feet rose up and consumed him; the blades swelling to surround his entire torso and binding his arms to his sides. Then, moving his Focus to the sky above, Vejimaru brought his hands together and concentrated the element of the sun. The pure golden light that illuminated the arena died for a moment save for one point - a beam of incandescent energy that hammered into Engar with all the energy of a super nova and sent him firing back into the pit.

He hit the wall savagely - huge cracks appearing where he collided - and before he could even raise his head the concrete came crashing down on him and the team.

Sighing, Vejimaru sheathed his Katana and began to turn away as cries of horror filled the stadium. None of these mortals could comprehend what had happened or what it signified - he had returned far greater than ever before. No one could match him now..

If only he hadn't been forced to prove it so forcibly..

There was only a flicker of Ki to warn him of what happened next.

The rocks covering the pit exploded forwards across the grassy field, over the diamond, straight for Vejimaru. One hand swept around and, before the shrapnel was even half-way towards him, great pillars of earth had risen up to weather the blows. They stopped the rocks.. barely..

As the pillars fell away, no longer held by Vejimaru's will, they ensuing cloud of dust gave way to a very annoyed Engar.

His t-shirt was torn away completely. His chest was blackened and scorched where it wasn't dripping with blood. His arms shuddered under barely controlled rage. His hair flapped and rose with an aura that was crackling to life around him. His face was bruised and scratched from falling rocks. And his eyes..

His eyes spoke of bloody murder..

It should have been either terrifying or goading but Vejimaru was both more confident and more mature than he had been before. He said only one thing before the fight resumed.

"I have learned my lessons and earned my place; you shall not defeat me."

Engar said nothing; he merely roared with unadulterated rage and plunged forwards against his enemy.

Walls of turf rose up in his path but he tore straight through each one ? thrusting his body directly into each one as though he were some kind of blunt instrument. Engar's face was caught in a permanent scowl and, as he drew one fist back, Vejimaru realised that he didn't intend to stop.

One fist dug deep inside his gut, his entire body curling forwards around the limb as pure white energy exploded from the contact. Blood sprayed onto Engar's face, adding colour to his blackened features, but he did not find justice in Vejimaru's pain. He rose up and twisted right around, his right arm swinging like a club, and clotheslined Vejimaru in a brutal assault that was as vicious as it was primitive.

The warrior rolled away gagging and coughing blood, but when Engar took a step towards him and brought the Rogue Sabre down in a blow that should have ended it all, Vejimaru brought his hand around faster than the eye could follow. The Sabre clashed against the Katana and was held at bay, Engar's rage filled eyes meeting Vejimaru's cool gaze.

One warrior had to give and, for this time at least, it was Engar.

The Modiwan sighed and backed away, deactivating the Rogue Sabre for a moment.

"I acted without honour.. I apologise for how I treated you and ask for the permission to begin the fight anew. You asked for a challenge and I'll give it to you with the best of my ability."

Engar rubbed some of the black away from his face and smirked; his anger sated and control regained.

"And I do mean my best.."

Best answers
Engar, that was some post. Now I have something good to work off of if I lose (I work better when I work off of something). I love how you described my abilities ^^. Sheer genius.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Heh, thanks Vejimaru! :D

I have to admit I always prefer the second position in the battle; I wasn't sure about your abilities and you gave me a good idea of them in your post. :)

Anyway, can't wait to see your next post!

Best answers
Neither can I. I'mma use the eyes of destruction in this one, as well as every other ability I have (including my most powerful summon!!), to give you a good idea for your next kick ass post ^^.

::EDIT::

It might not be up for a while cause I just got into a car wreck

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This challenge is in progress, you cannot post in a fight untill the combatants have completed their match.

Best answers
My appologies for the late reply, ive been busy with work. I'll post the winner of round one tomorrow when I get home.

EDIT: bah work kicks my ass worse than cuc did.

The round goes to Engar. Veji, I found your story incredibly interesting it just lacks the amount of detail that Engar has put into his fight.

Let Round 2 begin.

Best answers
Engar, I wrote this because I know I stand no chance against you. I wrote it in a way where you can see what my abilities do, and then use them to make your story great. Can't wait to read it ^^. Please also check my bio, because I have added some stuff you might like.
Vejimaru stared at Engar, looking for a sign of fear, anger, something. Engar's face betrayed no emotion.

"A truly powerful warrior...someone I have trained myself to conquer..." Vejimaru thought to himself.

He remembered that dark, somber place, so far away...

Engar clasped the handle of his Rouge Sabre tightly, like a snake constricting its victim.

"He's just standing there..." the young warrior thought to himself, "Yet his defenses seem perfect..."

Vejimaru jumped a little as he returned to reality. He looked at Engar, thoughts flying through his head

"Rule 1 of being a demon..." he thought, "Kill your emotions"

------------------

"Why are we fighting like this?" Vejimaru asked desperatly, "Why?"

"We were destined to." Magnus retorted.

Tears gathered in Veji's eyes as he stared at who was once his best friend. They had fought before, but not like this...not to the very maximum of their abilities...

----------------

Engar rushed forward as Vejimaru sheathed his blade and dropped into a defensive stance.

"Veji, your sword play is matched by few people in this world. Sheathing your blade means death!"

"Rule 2," the demon thought to himself, "Always play to your strengths."

He remembered those opponents who had fallen to his sword. He was easily the best swordsman in the lands to the east, where warriors he faced here were unheard of, except for the elite few. The day he found his katana, when he saved a city by turning a tsunami to ice...yet swordplay was not his strong point...

Engar sliced Vejimaru right down the center, the purplish blade making a clean cut. Vejimaru disintegrated, leaving Engar standing alone.

"Rule 3. Bloodline limits are valuable. Always use them."

Vejimaru appeared behind Engar. Engar turned and stared right into his eyes. They were now entirely red, save the center, where a 3 pronged star rotated in the center. Engar had only a second to look before horrifying images filled his mind. His family being slaughtered, millions of people dying...his own death scared him less. Engar fell to his knees, clutching his head.

"Engar. You have been a fool to flaunt your after-image technique," Vejimaru said, looking down at Engar, who was now shaking violently, "I have copied it perfectly...with my Eyes of Destruction."

Vejimaru looked down at Engar for a second longer before lifting him violently into the air by making the ground beneath him explode. He was about to follow the fighter up to finish him when someone broke a bat on Vejimaru's head.

"You, get out! NOW! You're ruining my stadium!"

Vejimaru turned to see a short, plump fellow with a comb over, red faced and yelling.

"The owner..." Vejimaru thought.

Without a second thought, Vejimaru lifted the man into the air by the collar. He held him up at arms length for a moment before letting go. Before gravity could take hold, however, Vejimaru brought his fist back and slammed it into the owners gut, sending him flying up into the scoreboard. It exploded in a shower of sparks, causing people to scream and run. Vejimaru turned just in time for Engar appear in front of him and bring his clasped fists down powerfully on his skull. Veji was knocked straight down, with enough force to actually send him through the soft turf and embed him in the hard rock a few hundred feet down.

"Heh," Engar chuckled, "He wasn't so tough. His eyes though..."

Engar was about to head back up to his family, who had been the only people not to flee when the ground shook violently. Some parts of the stadium collapsed, causing Engar to go up to his family.

"GO, NOW!!!" He yelled at them. They didn't need to be told twice. They made it out of the stadium just as their row collapsed.

Engar was about to leave himself, believing the fight to be over, when a huge ki flared behind him. He turned to see Vejimaru floating just above him. Engar knew immediatly something was wrong. Why is his ki so huge...and why does he have armor on?

Vejimaru was indeed wearing armor. It was black, and crackled with etheral energy. It made Vejimaru look like some kind of twisted, medievil knight.

"Behold, my most powerful summon...Chaos itself. The very thing that holds the universe together," the demon said, showing no sign of anger, "in the palm of my hand."

He pointed a finger at Engar. The young warrior lept into the air as the concrete beneath him exploded into black flames. Engar looked down, marveling at how strangely beautiful the flames were, when his opponent materialized above him.

"Rule 4!" Vejimaru said out loud, "NEVER HOLD BACK!"

With that last remark, he sped down at Engar, and slammed his fist into the warriors gut. Without pausing, he brought his knee up into the same spot, finishing his motion with a gut-wrenching blow to Engar's neck. Vejimaru, determined to finish the fight, materialized below Engar and held his fist into the air, laughing slightly as Engar, held by the forces of Gravity, was slammed down onto the white haired demons balled hand.

"Now, the finisher..."

Vejimaru held Engar in the air with ki alone as he brought his right foot back slightly. Vejimaru's aura flared red, the stars in his eyes started to rotate at inhuman speeds.

"DEMON ROCKET!" He screamed as he planted a turbo charged rocket kick, his favorite move, in Engar's chest. Time seemed to slow down as his foot drew closer to the young man's chest. It stopped altogether as it touched. Time then righted itself in an explosion of white light.

Engar's family crept back in a few seconds later to find their loved one lying on the ground, badly injured, next to Vejimaru, who was out cold, having spent almost all of his energy. Engar woke a little, and immediatly winced in pain, his chest having taken a lot of damage. He stood up, slowly and painfully, and looked down at his opponent, who was also stirring.

"Get up." Engar said.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Half-eaten hot-dogs. Crumpled popcorn boxes. Groaning victims of the chaos that is the mob.

The two warriors had, indirectly, caused a hell of a lot of damage.

When the fighting had first begun the crowd had been transfixed - hypnotised by the skill and passion of the warriors. When Vejimaru unleashed his full fury on Engar however, the spell was shattered. A silent crowd became a terrified mob and, acting with no intelligence at all, they stampeded for the exits.

Some had suffered pain. Others had suffered much, much more.

And, perched in the cheap seats, Engar's family hovered hesitantly. The area was dangerous but they couldn't leave without their son. Engar knew this and kept any exclamations to himself; there wasn't any point.

Keep your eye on the ball, Engar.. or is that a soccer metaphor?

Vejimaru launched himself forwards into the air and, before even crossing half the distance between them, brought his Katana around in a powerful swipe. The very air around the blade glowed white as it cooled, the moisture freezing as the weapon conjured it's icy magic. Frigid winds blasted down upon Engar, slicing through his form and tearing him in half.

The Modiwan himself, however, was far from harms way. Employing the after-image technique once more he appeared behind Vejimaru and bringing his own blade, the pulsing energy of the Rogue Sabre, down on Veji's back. He struck a clean blow, meeting no resistance, but as he caught himself from falling Engar found what should have been a corpse to be nothing but a fading picture in the air. The real Vejimaru was rising above him - even from this distance Engar could see distinctive red glow in the warrior's eyes.

"Careless, Engar. Eyes of Destruction not only allow me to copy your techniques, I can see through your trickery!"

He was gone in an instant, appearing at Engar's side only to prove to be another after-image as Engar brought his hand around. More images appeared around him, darting over the blue tinted grass that had been caught in the wake of Veji's attack, but he shut these out. There was only one Vejimaru and, spreading the fingers of the Force out from his body, Engar sought to determine where he was.

"Is this your all?"

With bare seconds to spare, Engar found Vejimaru and brought his blade up - steel and purple energy sparking against each other - then turned as Vejimaru reappeared on his other side and brought the Katana down again. This time Engar sidestepped the blow and knocked the Katana down further, watching dispassionately as the blade sliced deep into the frozen turf, then swung the Rouge Sabre around in a full circle that burned deep into Vejimaru's right shoulder.

True to his own discipline, Vejimaru did not cry out. Instead the warrior gripped the hilt of his blade in his left hand and drew a deep breath - concentrating.

Hesitating, Rouge Sabre rising slowly in his hands, Engar considered finishing it.. truly finishing it.

The fact was that he had not yet actually killed someone. He hated the idea. Dreaded what the act might do to him. But it was certainly one way to end the fight quickly..

A dull red glow began to creep across the melting grass before Vejimaru's gaze..

What if I miss, could I bare to see the disgust he would show in his eyes..?

The light grew in intensity and spread out, fingers of red creeping across the turf in all directions..

Worse.. what if I didn't?

His blade was glowing bright crimson now, mist pouring from the metal and rising around his indistinct form. The very stadium seemed unreal in his presence - as though all things paled when compared to the bright reality of the warrior wreathed in flames.#

Engar blinked, coming out of his daze, and found himself the only true witness to the birth of a god..

The figure turned and looked upon him; in the place of pupils glowed two malevolent 6 pronged stars. The gaze tightened into one of hardened resolve.

"I have seen the future, you are not in it.."

Before he even realised he had brought his arms around, the Rouge Sabre was slicing through air molecules in it's journey toward Vejimaru's neck. The warrior, however, was already moving - he moved before Engar considered attacking - and was well out of range. Engar dove forwards and brought his Sabre around in a horizontal slash only to have Vejimaru rising above it before the swing began.

The Sabre was clipped to his belt and Engar through himself faster into the fight; Ki-Enriched fists pummelling the air as they sought to make contact against Vejimaru. Still he was too quick, far quicker than could be possible! As though he were reading Engar's mind and acting even before Engar could!

"The Eyes of Destruction's second form, Engar," murmured Vejimaru as he slid between the blows that came his way, "allows me to see a little way into the future. Would you like to see what happens when I combine it with Demonic Harmony?"

NononononononoNO!

The pulsing red that had swirled around Vejimaru's form thickened and brightened; blood red, the colour of rage. Now he wasn't just dodging blows, he was blocking them without any difficulty! Engar was throwing himself into the fight, bringing his power-level up as fast as humanly possible without giving himself a heart-attack, but making no impact!

"Very good!" Engar rolled sideways out of the path of the glowing Katana - watching in horror as the very ground split in a deep gash that ran right up and through the stands. He had to end the fight.. had Vejimaru just complimented him on dodging a blow before he had dodged it?!

"Enough of this!" Engar's voice echoed through the stadium as he turned and brought both hands together - yellow energy crystallising between his palms then burning forwards towards his infuriating opponent.

Who wasn't there.

Damn!

Concentrating as he brought his hands up, Engar forced the beam to curve upwards and sent it spiralling into the air where it couldn't harm anyone.

"Miss me?"

Vejimaru's voice wasn't taunting, more like joking which was even worse. He wasn't taking this seriously any more and Engar practically screamed that at him!

"Oh on the contrary I'm taking this fight very seriously, Engar."

He turned slowly, spotting the warrior standing in the centre of what was left of the diamond. His hands were swirling through the air, tracing curious shapes that seemed to hang even after his fingers had passed by. Vejimaru was still glowing red but the light was fading now, as though his energy was draining away.

Putting everything into some kind of.. attack!

Damning his confusion, probably a result of being punch-drunk from that solar assault, Engar kicked off the ground and blurred across the distance between the two. His arms trailed behind him, making himself more aerodynamic, but his hands were collecting all the energy they could.

Ten meters..

Seven meters..

Four meters..

Just one meter!

Vejimaru completed the last seal and whispered, in a voice that was barely a breath, "Mokuton Jyukai Koudan.."

Suddenly a wall was rising between him and his target - a dark brown wall encrusted with dirt and moss. Both hands came around and released the energy they held, using it to slow his momentum enough that the landing didn't hurt. By the time he had turned Engar found that all entrances were cut off - the brown walls were rising on all sides and, a little above his head, they came together.

The cracks filled in.. then there was nothing but blackness and creaking.
Frowning in the pitch blackness, Engar brought one first around and hammered it into the wall that he discovered was actually the bark of a tree. Either there were many layers to it or it was tougher than any work of nature he had ever heard of - it didn't budge.

creeeeeeeaak..

Correction, it was budging but in the opposite direction. In fact the walls - trees - were slowly closing in around him. Even in the darkness he could see it, observing as the blackness before his eyes grew less and less. Closing in. Trapping him.

Engar did not like tiny spaces!

He pushed against the walls, straining his arms and legs against their unstoppable might, but it seemed as though his energy was all but spent. As the space lessened and lessened, to the point that he could barely stand sideways, he channelled all his energy into his right hand and thrust it forwards.. only to have the pressure of the trees shatter it's very bone..

The trees were skin-tight now - pressing against the burns on his arms and legs, squeezing his broken arm, crushing his lungs and his face. Just one more push, one less cubic inch, and he would be mush..

Anything but this, he pleaded silently, too compressed to even speak, please, any death but this!

But no one answered.

The hardest lesson of all - one that could only be learned, not taught - was that in the darkness you could only depend on yourself. A warrior was too steeped in blood to look anywhere else..

So Engar drove his mind deep into his body, pumping through the veins and crackling along the nerves, forcing himself to speed deep into his body before the sap of the trees could beat once more. There, hidden in the darkness, he found the energy beyond energy. The power that outstripped Ki and ploughed through Chakra.

Life Energy. Spirit Energy.

The energy of the soul..

Pure white light burst through cracks in the trees that had not been there moments before - spreading out into the stadium beyond like strobe-lights and boring gashes in their paths. In the black Engar's soul was the candle, and it forced back the darkness!

One moment the barrier was creaking and shaking; the next it was a cloud of splinters and broken shards of wood. And from it strode Engar, his entire body surrounded by pure white flames.

He wasn't transformed. His eyes were the same colour, his body was the same shape.. and yet.. and yet he was more there than ever before. Every part of his was hardened - as though he were in a more concentrated form.

"This ends now.."

Not a warning or a threat; a statement of fact.

Vejimaru twirled sideways out of the path of the first glowing fist, but just barely. He had used almost all his energy in creating the Forest Genesis - an attack that by all rights should have ended the fight - and was now running on fumes. He kicked off the ground in a twirling backwards somersault - actually landing on Engar's outstretched leg and running up along the blackened limb to kick out at Engar's face.

The image crumpled before him, however, and even though he knew it was a fake he had no energy to turn and block his true opponent. In deference for his opponents honour, Engar appeared directly in front of him. He caught Vejimaru by the hair in his left hand, then tightened his right into a fist and drew it back.

..broken arm..

Just as the blow connected to Vejimaru's face, the pure white energy that surrounded Engar died; as though the fuel it had fed upon had been consumed. The fist still hurt, knocking him off his feet and sending him rolling backwards across the ground, but for his lack of energy it wouldn't have fazed him at all!

And all Engar could think about was the unimaginable pain that was searing through his right arm - employing pure spirit energy had momentarily made even a broken arm unimportant but now he was paying the price. He could barely stand any more, his entire body ached like one huge bruise, but Engar forced himself to raise one hand and summon the energy for one more energy attack.

"Give.." Engar paused and felt his entire body shaking with one huge, pained cough, "up?"

Vejimaru tried to rise on his shoulders but found even that was too hard..

"I..," Vejimaru sighed, "yield for now.."

Engar grinned - a huge, dazed grin worthy of Son Goku himself - then slowly keeled over backwards onto grass that was, to him, as soft as a well made bed.

Within seconds a snore began..

And Vejimaru laughed and laughed, through the pain he felt on the inside and out..

OOC: Apologies for the wait guys, been kind of a hectic time recently. I hope I didn't go too far out of character with you Vejimaru, you gave great descriptions of your powers which I tried to use as well as I could. :D

Best answers
Engar, that was perfect, and it was worth the wait. You used the Forest Genesis in ways I never would have thought of. Lastly and mostly, I like the fact we finished as friends.

Engar, I'm giving this fight to you. I don't care what Kel says, you won.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
It was an honour to fight you, Vejimaru, and your praise means a hell of a lot to me. :)

I hope we can meet up again sometime, I'll always be ready for a rematch! :D

Best answers
My first target in our tag team match is you. I'm gonna show my true strength. I'll leave Iceman to take care of Cuc (or most likely the other way around :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom