integrating kiblasts/beams into melee combos

Best answers
Integrating kiblasts/beams into melee
Basically, it work work just like the current melle system. while creating your combo, you switch to whatever attack you want to use(generic, kamehmeha etc..)
Beams
A beam attack will automatically signal the end of the combo. The beam will push the enemy away like a beamjump. It cannot be aimed or detonated by the user. It will only explode if the victim hits a wall.
Kiblast
Unlike the beam, a kiblast does not signal the end of a combo. The kiblast is charged the same way a beam is, and is planted on the victims chest. It detonates after a certain amount of time depending on the size. the larger it is the longer the fuse. If the blast explodes while still in the combo, both players recieve damage and the fight is ended. that way the player must plan to knock the opponent away.

Charging
hold mouse 1 to charge primary, hold mouse 2 to charge secondary. a green bar represents an attack charged to the minimum, blue means hlafway to full, red means full power. ki cost as normal. with kiblasts, primary and secondary are the same, its just a big kiblast, no rapid fire, no blob.

Blocking
The beam and blast will both show up as the same symbol (dunno how it'd look) among the arrows. there will be two ways to deal with these attacks: teleporting and standard blocking. It will eb up to the defender to guess which one it is.
Teleporting
teleporting will exact the usual ki cost from the player, and will reposition the user on another side of his attacker. this will cancel out the rest of that attacker's combo and make the first attack of the defender's counterattack random.
Standard Blocking
This will work as a standard block strugle for a beam and will bat the kiblast away. this will end the encounter for beam attacks, but the combo will continue if it is a kiblast. the advantage to this one is that if you win the power struggle, you sen the attack back at the attacker, leaving him with little or no ki.

Other Details
-Attacks like the finger laser, candy beam, large spirit bomb, eyelaser, disc attacks, renzoku, regeneration that arent beam/ball attacks cannot be used in a combo.
-the shield attack will force the defender back and automatically fire, exploding on contact
-running out of ki will end your combo and give the defender more time for counterattacking

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shogi you just earned yourself a warning for double posting and spam. People will respond to your thread when they want if they have something to say.

Best answers
I like that idea, it sounds kinda complicated, but very do able. After all the other plans the devs have in mind are over and done with, I think this should seriously be considered.

Best answers
not all that complicated, very intuitive actually

Best answers
you seem a bit defencive about your idea, i mean only people have actually replyed and you shot them both down, i mean its called MELE which is hand to hand in this game not ki blasts and beams, what would be the point? you can do ki attacks anytime you want, before or after mele and you CAN aim them and detonate whenever you want and ki attacks that close will damage the user. So in other words you want ranged attacks that cant really be controled bar charging in a close quarters hand to hand combat, right.... i think it would work better in a combo as a finishing move but even then nahhh

Best answers
killjoy said:
you seem a bit defencive about your idea, i mean only people have actually replyed and you shot them both down, i mean its called MELE which is hand to hand in this game not ki blasts and beams, what would be the point? you can do ki attacks anytime you want, before or after mele and you CAN aim them and detonate whenever you want and ki attacks that close will damage the user. So in other words you want ranged attacks that cant really be controled bar charging in a close quarters hand to hand combat, right.... i think it would work better in a combo as a finishing move but even then nahhh
I have to agree with you.
1.Whay beeing such a ****? they reply to your thred and tell the thing they want to tell! well, Live Doesnt Fair!
2.Nice idea, but it will be better if it will be like (dont remember what its name) the attack that trunks use to kill freeza (I think that the way to write is name..). but not more then that. Whay someone need to have lower hp for a beam and a melee combo?
anyway, in theory, nice idea :D

Best answers
killjoy said:
I'm no shooting people down, I'm simply correcting them on areas where they may have misinterpreted my idea.

Also, I am very much against "hidden" combos as it gives an unfair advantage to people who are privy to them. If more combos are added, i think they should be annonuced.

And the reason i want this is because i really enjoyed the moments in dbz when a kiblast or beam is fired point blank into somebody sending them back into a mountain. Not only that, but outside of beam spamming, there is no real opportunity to use most beam attacks like the kamehameha. People get up much to quickly to charge anything more than a generic beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea, short and sweet, very general for tweaking, and it's not that farfetched. Only thing I don't like about the idea, is planting the ki blast onto your opponents chest. It would look wierd/dumb unless it exploded almost instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom