problems with esf need help!

Best answers
hi there pple,
i downloaded the esf 1.2 and sucessfully installed it to my computer but as i launch the game, joining into a server, the screen of choosing team pop up.
as i clicked ANY of the buttons there, my com hang the game and sent me back to my windows. it has been bugging me.

i have the latest half-life version, not bad computer, not bad graphic card, everything up to date software.

My system specs:
AMD Athlon XP 1.6ghz
Ram 256ddr 400mhz
G-force FX 5200
on board sound card
windows xp sp1 with all patches updated
Half-life up-to-date

Can anyone help me out with this? i'm a faithful DBZ fan and really wish to play this online ESF!! help please!!

Thanks in Advance

Alan Samson

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
just restart esf .. happens to me from time to time too ... :(

Best answers
Thanks for the help there but i have tired restarting the game, rejoin other server but non of these work on my com. is this a bug?

How i wish i could play this wonderous game...

Best answers
have you tried looking for any background programs running try getting some adware removing stuff or you can do it manually by going through your processors and also you should try and restart your comp :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
have you tryed another server? esf always crashes for me when i try to joine the Vossey.com server (or w/e its called)

Best answers
i have tried many different servers but none work. but i think it's the installation problem. you see, my ESF doesn't have it dragonball wallpaper when i launch the game. it's gordon freemen wallpaper. i'm using stream. so how do you guys install this esf properly? i think i need to redownload the ESF copy. anyone knows where to get the software? i mean the full game not patch.

Thanks in Advance
Alan Samson

Best answers
Anyway, Does this game have single player? it would be cool with single player.

Best answers
hi pple, i tried chickenman's website and downloaded the full client and now, my ESF is able to run(with the background picture and MP3) but now, there is a problem agian. i couldn't join any server. it says "your .dll [cl_dlls\client.dll] differs from the server's" i tried joining other servers but none work. i could create a game and play with bots but unable to join other's server. anyone knows the problem?

Best answers
Tried seeing if any steam upgrades exist If not, try reinstalling Steam. Client.dll is a steam file, I think. Either that, or your ESF version is out of date. No idea really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom