Interuptable Controls

Best answers
The unresponiveness of ESF is the only beef I have with it. Often the charecters are too slow to stop after swooping, I find myself waiting one second after ending a swoop before I can start powering up. Even on a ping of 50. 1 second means everything in this game. I would propose every move to be interuptable. If you press E during a swoop, the charecter would stop immediatly and start powering up, after which you can tap forward twice to go during or slightly after the power up. I think this would make for more intensive melee battles. If things are made 'interuptable' then it would fix the above.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always wanted to be able to swoop out of a powerup, and felt that not being able to made the game feel awkward.
It should definately be considered.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what you mean. It lots its "flow" since 1.1. 1.1 felt a lot more "smooth" than 1.2 does. i personally think its the animations. or maybe its just the code or delays.. but i know what you mean

Best answers
Power up out of a swoop is a good idea. Instead of letting go the directional button, you can just stop and power up immediately. Good.

Best answers
Thanks for the...3 responses. Dosn't seem to be popular but I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want it.

Best answers
The more you play, the less this problem will occur. Wouldn't mind it though, only makes it a bit easier and smoother.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its in the coding when 1.2 came out they changed air fricton i think that what its called.. any way install 1.1 again and fly just normaly then relese the key youll slide through the air a bit. then do this in 1.2 and then you stop instantly so it has got more resposive in a sense...

but yeah know what you mean but you get used to it eventually but i wouldnt ind the change

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It's not the airfriction that was changed, they just coded in to instantly stop when you stop moving, or stop swooping. Flight itself is no longer like Vanilla Half-Life now, the air physics have been completely changed.

On-Topic:
I wouldn't mind this one bit. I have a hard time trying to powerup right after I swoop, or move. Having the controls interuptable would make this game faster, and more fun. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom